• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Laugfs Engine Oils

ferrarif50

hi all, anyone have experience using Laugfs engine oils ? do u think its a good oil like Mobil, Castrol, etc ?

they have got API licence also, http://eolcs.api.org/DisplayLicenseInfo.asp?LicenseNo=2306

hmmm...oils are tricky things. i prefer go with something that's been there for a while with a good track record etc etc

Mobil and Castrol has earned my respect over time :) and a good racing background helps too...

don't think laugfs has that just yet... but that doesnt mean it's a bad oil...

for me personally... i will never buy laugfs oil...

hi all, anyone have experience using Laugfs engine oils ? do u think its a good oil like Mobil, Castrol, etc ?

they have got API licence also, http://eolcs.api.org/DisplayLicenseInfo.asp?LicenseNo=2306

Have to go in the same lines of RIPPER

Im sure it’s a good oil as it’s got the credentials etc and adding to that we must be prod to have our own motor oil (Yes CPC too have their own brand) and as they say be lankan buy lankan and all the patriotic slogans

Still u tend to have a tingling feeling – I’ve been using Castrol for over 10 years and now kind of bonded to it. My mechanic has a time with me as he’s pushing me to use Valvoline ;) .

I can’t say "Never" will use laugh as if the GOV decides to impose a superficial tax on imported motor oils where I can't simply afford it - then would have to look at Laugfs :rolleyes:

OOOOOOPPPPS have I said a stupid thing now – hope the Chinthana fellows don’t see this and get ideas :violent-smiley-099:

I think we should let the oil prove itself before we all jump in the band wagon !

Something I would like to point out though. In the last decade a lot of foreign oils have entered the market starting with Caltex, and now we have a much wider range which is freely available, and people have gotten used to using them.

The fact is a decade before that all of this was unheard of and the vast majority of people relied on good old Lanka Super ! which was perfectly adequate to requirements, and that is probably an understatement as its probably a pretty good oil.

There are things we need to be careful about when it comes to Semi Synthetic and Synthetic engine oils as they their inherently complex composition means the quality of it matters a lot !

Mineral Engine oils are a bit more resilient ! and here the quality difference between different brands are less, in my humble opinion ! and their effect on engine wear subject to regular oil changes. I'm not sure what type of an oil the Laughs product is, but it probably needs to be seen in this light !

Yes I guess most will be cautious. I heard the oil is imported from Singapore.

Btw talking about Laughs. A couple of people have warned me to not pump fuel from their sheds as they pump less that the meters state. Has anyone else heard about this? I had been pumping exclusively from laughs in the recent past and I have noticed a slight increase in fuel consumption. I put this down to my air flow sensor and throttle body being dirty. I have now started pumping fuel elsewhere and have yet to verify if the mileage stays the same....... Should be able to tell by end of this week.

Btw talking about Laughs. A couple of people have warned me to not pump fuel from their sheds as they pump less that the meters state. Has anyone else heard about this? I had been pumping exclusively from laughs in the recent past and I have noticed a slight increase in fuel consumption. I put this down to my air flow sensor and throttle body being dirty. I have now started pumping fuel elsewhere and have yet to verify if the mileage stays the same....... Should be able to tell by end of this week.

Perhaps going there armed with a measuring can might put your mind at rest ?

Mineral Engine oils are a bit more resilient ! and here the quality difference between different brands are less, in my humble opinion ! and their effect on engine wear subject to regular oil changes. I'm not sure what type of an oil the Laughs product is, but it probably needs to be seen in this light !

This is a off topic but i didn't want to start a new thread...

When I bought my Vios, the guy at the car sale said I should alway use non synthetic oil for it...Any idea why???

I too have some experience in Laughs pumps with lesser amounts. You don't feel this when you fill the full tank,but it is there.

For the oils, it will be difficult to market new oils under non reputed names or brands , though they said from Singapore

specially for newer vehicles.

actually, i used to pump exclusively from laughs in kohuwela too.. swithed to another now and i actually have a small improvement..

I thought i was only in my head.. but now i'm thinking there's some truth to this...

actually, i used to pump exclusively from laughs in kohuwela too.. swithed to another now and i actually have a small improvement..

I thought i was only in my head.. but now i'm thinking there's some truth to this...

For past 4 years i only pumped fuel from laughs Kohuwala , where is the other place u pump fuel Arcy ?

After i got the Subaru i only used Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40, and the description says

Shell Helix Ultra gives you maximum engine clean-up with special cleaning agents that actively cleanse the engine surfaces and continuously lock away harmful dirt and deposits. It has remarkable long-term oxidation stability, which gives your car’s engine extended wear protection. Shell Helix Ultra reduces engine noise, and helps to condition and protect engines from the extra stresses of driving in modern start–stop traffic conditions. Shell Helix Ultra is for performance motoring, and it rejuvenates and refreshes your engine. Shell Helix Ultra is the only motor oil recommended by Ferrari. \r\n

Suitable for All cars

Enhanced Protection in Extreme Temprature

Extend Engine Life

Ideal for High Performance Cars

Lasts longer than Conventional Oils

Enhanced Protection for Turbo Cars

Also it says bad for older cars

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId...ra_ga_0707.html

Edited by GihanFX

thank u all for the advice and info .... im not gonna try this now, i'll stay with my old oil

actually the owner of the the place i buy engine oil forced me to buy this oil next time i change my oil .... what i said was will see next time, but now NEVER !

laughs oil is fully imported from china.... the be lankan buy lankan is just for advertising!!!!

btw mr wega is an australian citizen !!!!!

i luv this quote...this is what hapeninig to our country..api wenuwen api...becoming thopi wenuwn api... :angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024: hope they will give the "soorya sinha" logo for this chinese stuff too... :violent-smiley-030::angry-smiley-024:

Edited by RACERSEDGE

i luv this quote...this is what hapeninig to our country..api wenuwen api...becoming thopi wenuwn api... :angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024: hope they will give the "soorya sinha" logo for this chinese stuff too... :violent-smiley-030::angry-smiley-024:

heh heh... wten products doesn't have any other quality to differentiate from it's competitors they have no choice but to pitch it to people with these sorta "twists"... :action-smiley-060:

This is a off topic but i didn't want to start a new thread...

When I bought my Vios, the guy at the car sale said I should alway use non synthetic oil for it...Any idea why???

I'm not 100% why that dude said that, but its probably because a particular brand of synthetic oils in SL has had sludge problems, and the Vios in particular have problems with sludge ! probably due to high operating temperatures.

I'm not sure which brand this is, but I'm fairly confident its not Shell Helix Ultra, or Mobil 1, or for that matter Castrol or BP !

The key to avoiding the sludge problems on the vios is regular oil changes !

• 10 years later...
On 12/29/2018 at 7:00 AM, flashmark said:

Since this is an old thread and laugfs oils in the market for more than 10 years. Please share your experience using Laugfs oil. 

Well since it’s that important  for some to use Laugh oil , I suppose it would be OK to use for your QQ, Maruti and stuff ( Not offense )  but best stick with known brands for  the Jap/European ladies  - even for Korean Ones.