• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Katukurunda Circuit Meet 2008

Grand Civic

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the all the wishes after the race :)

My view towards the EVO X changed after the Katu race and I am finally confident that it is a car that could be faster than the EVO IX :rolleyes: …… it is just that only a very few in the world knows how to get around the software side of it…. I strongly believe that within a matter of 6 months we should be looking at EVO Xs around the world that could pass the EVO IX in terms of performance… :action-smiley-060: . However the downside of it was that my car weighed 1,470kgs after the race :angry-smiley-024: with ¼ tank of fuel where it is 270kgs over weight for the SL-GT class which in comparison to an EVO III will weigh 1,100kgs and running with added 100kgs….newer the models…heavier it is…

Having said that in the first race during the warm-up lap the car just stalled for reasons I will never know :action-smiley-060: as there was nothing that we could find wrong and it started just after the first race was completed.

I also have to congratulate Janaka Dias for a brilliant performance and for winning at Katu in a Subaru after a lapse of 8 years as the last time a Subaru won at Katu was when Pradip Jayawardene drove his Black WRX. I wish that if I did not stop the car in front of the pits and got out of it (thinking I had a flat tyre and which wasn't the case) during the second race, I could have closed the gap between the STi IX… I think we are in to see some STi Vs. EVO battles in the future…. :rolleyes:

Hey Dinesh, congrats on the first run with the Evo X. What in your opinion makes the X quicker than the IX? Reviews on the net upto date are mixed on which is quicker.

Dude, great job under pressure early. Well done indeed!

It was great fun watching the Gen 2 too :D Handling by Lotus :D Interesting option. Just a little down on power, but did hold the road very well.

Thanks Preveen..it was a good race..i enjoyed it..it was fun to win katu this time after being 2nd last yr behind yoga..He gave a fair fight but i think he pushed it too hard and went into the mud/grass in the 4th lap..anyways thanks bro..(no photos this time???? :P)

cheers

Overall that’s a good days race. Guess weather gods played fair.

Notice few big names missing from the entries.

Congrats Damn-it! Good show. Sorry didn’t get a chance to talk to you but had a long chat with your dad.Damn! Didn’t know SLA is your dad.

It was nice to see more than 15 Minis running.

Congrats to Ashan “C” de Silva for claiming third in an impossible to run Mini.Great handling by him to secure the third place in that ill-effected “Union Jacked Mini”

Congrats to other two (Evo) Ashan De Silvas.

Many Congrats to our own Mivec-Turbo .You demonstrated a fresh philosophy of striking the odds. Good show mate!

MINIACE

hi miniace..

thanks alot for ur wishes..it was fun..lol..ya SLA is my dad..he was over the moon that day, partying all night with his buddies.lol..im not in paradise island anymore..aparade..chat ekak danna thibba..anywyas we'll meet up next yr for sure.. thanks again...much appreciated..

cheers

Hey Dinesh, congrats on the first run with the Evo X. What in your opinion makes the X quicker than the IX? Reviews on the net upto date are mixed on which is quicker.

Thanks Pil…

In standard trim the IX is way faster…..just only on the straight line <_< ….but in handling the X is way superior :rolleyes: again in standard trim due to the advanced electronics the X has got (needless to say till now I don’t know why the car stalled in race 1 warm up lap and I think it was to do with the electronics) and with a little bit of tweaking in the software it became a totally different beast… I just got the software sorted last Friday and with the bad weather on Sat at Katu we got no practice laps or qualifying…. So I went in to the race 2 without ever driving the X at full throttle on 4th & 5th gears after software change (as I tested the car at Pannala) and it just took me by surprise during the 1st 2 laps of the race…. :violent-smiley-099:

Initially I was extremely disappointed with the car in standard spec, :angry-smiley-024: but now it has taken a U turn and now waiting for Motec to release its ECU for the X which should be some time Jan/Feb 2009. That would be the icing on the cake :)

HA HA HA THATS A GOOD ONE BRO,

WELL DONE DINESH AND ALSO WELL DONE TO JANAK DIAS.

Its really nice to see all these Latest Machines Battleout,

Sadly I missed the 2nd race cos i stopped watching thinking dinesh might not take part,

Machan Dinesh why not get these videos from Rupavahini and Upload to Youtube and Put links to your web site machan.

Thanks Velocity :)

I think we could see some close racing during the next season (2009) and hope SLARDAR would revive the Championship….nothing puts more pressure on the drivers than Super Car a C’ship….

Thanks Pil…

In standard trim the IX is way faster…..just only on the straight line <_< ….but in handling the X is way superior :rolleyes: again in standard trim due to the advanced electronics the X has got (needless to say till now I don't know why the car stalled in race 1 warm up lap and I think it was to do with the electronics) and with a little bit of tweaking in the software it became a totally different beast… I just got the software sorted last Friday and with the bad weather on Sat at Katu we got no practice laps or qualifying…. So I went in to the race 2 without ever driving the X at full throttle on 4th & 5th gears after software change (as I tested the car at Pannala) and it just took me by surprise during the 1st 2 laps of the race…. :violent-smiley-099:

Initially I was extremely disappointed with the car in standard spec, :angry-smiley-024: but now it has taken a U turn and now waiting for Motec to release its ECU for the X which should be some time Jan/Feb 2009. That would be the icing on the cake :)

Thanks for the reply Dinesh.. good info. Think the X is the biggest jump in performance compared to all the other Evo upgrades you've done?

hi miniace..

thanks alot for ur wishes..it was fun..lol..ya SLA is my dad..he was over the moon that day, partying all night with his buddies.lol..im not in paradise island anymore..aparade..chat ekak danna thibba..anywyas we'll meet up next yr for sure.. thanks again...much appreciated..

cheers

Ayyo missed the chance of a chat bro! I understand how happy and proud the dada boy is.

We were talking bout latest Mini developments and his new MAXX ha ha!!

Congrats again for a wonderful showdown! Keep up the "best" work !! Catch ya next time mate.

MINIACE

Hey KaluZ nice pics!

Didnt know it was you I met yesterday.Yo Nishan's Cousin hah? I was there with Nishan,Samin & Rameez when you crossed the track to meet us and take pics from where we were.Nishan told a lot about your Z.Post some pics please.Its nice meeting you mate but sad didnt know its you -our own KaluZ!

MINIACE

Thats funny machang. Yeah, I was down for a few days and had to hit up the race.

And now, after seeing those pics, I'm rather annoyed about not making it too. Whats your lens, dude?

lens was a Canon 70-200L IS F4. absolutely love the lens.

And please, no more excuses about rain!!!! a good old poly bag works great!!!!!!