• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyata 110 Vs Mazda 323 Bj

Micke

Velo,

truer words have yet to be spoken sir !

Well said. Must adopt it for MFOC.

Oh oh, Ripper will reply this for sure , he he

An extrovert if I ever saw one ! ha :rolleyes:

heh heh... didn't see this...thanks for the compliment if it was one...

sorta in that mixed area with the smiley icon :lol:

lets just say that i push the poor corolla to the max when i need to... it doesn't like cornering that much... actually it hates cornering... steering feel is too soft etc etc but so far...it bloody gets the job done and gives me enough "CHEAP" thrills on our roads :) :) And if i need to sell it tomorrow... i'd still be getting almost all the money i've spent on it so far...

Besides, i prefer to invest in forms of experiences other than "driving experiences" so the corolla saves me enough moolah to afford those :lol:

If i had no concerns for budgets and other finance related affairs...I'd probably be driving a Nissan GTR :) :)

hell with both Mazda and "corollas" :)

btw...isn't it funny that we're still comparing a brand(ie. Mazda) to a corolla (ie.model)... say... at least an RX8 and a Supra would sorta make sense... :P

btw...isn't it funny that we're still comparing a brand(ie. Mazda) to a corolla (ie.model)... say... at least an RX8 and a Supra would sorta make sense... :P

No no, clearly a 323 and a Corolla 110.

And a RX7 and a Supra might make a certain sense. How could you compare that poor 4 door RX-8 with a Supra?

No no, clearly a 323 and a Corolla 110.

And a RX7 and a Supra might make a certain sense. How could you compare that poor 4 door RX-8 with a Supra?

well peri

prad had replied to velo's post that read

"Corrolla = Boring + Introvert / No risk type personality

Mazda = Interesting + Extrovert / High Risk Personality"

my reply was to Prad on that...

hence the mazda-corolla comparison :P

I do know that initial topic was on 323 vs 110 :P

on the 4 door thing... sorry...my bad... that extremely important detail totally skipped my mind.

well peri

prad had replied to velo's post that read

"Corrolla = Boring + Introvert / No risk type personality

Mazda = Interesting + Extrovert / High Risk Personality"

my reply was to Prad on that...

hence the mazda-corolla comparison :P

I do know that initial topic was on 323 vs 110 :P

Good point. But you could hardly expect the man to say

Familia = Interesting + Extrovert / High Risk Personality

Sounds contradictory.

QUOTE(AppleBee @ Aug 20 2008, 06:29 PM)

Compare to the 323, AE110 is much better car. good on fuel , low maintain cost, good resale value. (I have used both 110 and 323)

One thing I have to say, some ppl talk about driving pleasure, performance etc. These type of family sedans you wont notice much difference. Well maintained car runs smoothly either it is 110 or 323

excuse me? running smoothly alone is not the only key to Driving pleasure.... by making that statement you have made it evident that you haven't a clue what driving pleasure is!

yeah i dont know about driving pleasure. i guess you are a Formula 1 driver. enjoy your ride.

Edited by AppleBee

As far as I see it, both are brilliant fleet cars being reliable, economical and fairly comfortable vehicles.

The Corolla has a longer shelf life giving you a good 300k plus while the Mazda starts to age as it passes 150-200k on average. But use and maintenance matters a lot.

I find the Mazda 323 way more fun to drive.

Relatively poor resale values mean that you can grab a 2001 or newer 323 for the money you would spend on a 97/8 Corolla.

For a private user doing moderate mileage, a registered Mazda will be a better value buy today. But for the 3000+km per month grind, the Corolla would be the car of choice.

Guys,

Thanks about your thoughts as the initiator of this topic. Having considered all thoughts I have decided to go for the Mazda 323…It is going to cost me 15.15 gimme the suggestions of you guys…

Configurations

Mazda 323 BJ3

2003 Brand New

Done 87000 Km

Color: Green

Manual, F/O

Guys,

Thanks about your thoughts as the initiator of this topic. Having considered all thoughts I have decided to go for the Mazda 323…It is going to cost me 15.15 gimme the suggestions of you guys…

Configurations

Mazda 323 BJ3

2003 Brand New

Done 87000 Km

Manual, F/O

Check the air flow sensor before you buy the car as there is a factory defect in many cars in this model. You can get this done by the agents.

Cheers!

As far as I see it, both are brilliant fleet cars being reliable, economical and fairly comfortable vehicles.

The Corolla has a longer shelf life giving you a good 300k plus while the Mazda starts to age as it passes 150-200k on average. But use and maintenance matters a lot.

I find the Mazda 323 way more fun to drive.

Relatively poor resale values mean that you can grab a 2001 or newer 323 for the money you would spend on a 97/8 Corolla.

For a private user doing moderate mileage, a registered Mazda will be a better value buy today. But for the 3000+km per month grind, the Corolla would be the car of choice.

thanks for putting things in good perspective mate :)

Are you implying that nothing short of a F1 rocket delivers driving pleasure?

Guess I had it all wrong.

yikes...f1 car-driving pleasure?????

good acceleration, top speed, handling...yep... probably will make certain adults wet their pants but with such cramped up cockpit, no stereo, shit load of noise etc etc???

I think you have it right mate :) :)

My buddies ex p12 and present V35 is good enough driving pleasure 4 my standards :) even boss's s-type is a a dream to drive, especially high speed cornerings :)

Guys,

Configurations

Mazda 323 BJ3

2003 Brand New

Done 87000 Km

Manual, F/O

Good for u mate. There are many 323BJ owners in AL who will help u out.

"The Corolla has a longer shelf life giving you a good 300k plus while the Mazda starts to age as it passes 150-200k on average."

I know I'm not the only 1 having doubts about this statement. We do have MAZDAs (323) with 500K on da clock in SL. Most of the cars hav passed 200K.

Eg: 89 - 94 BG familia sedans that some gov departments (renowned for taking care of the vehicles) has done fair bit of milage as well. And u still c them on the road.

As u said milindu it all depends on maintanace....So I'm lil cofused when u state "But for the 3000+km per month grind, the Corolla would be the car of choice."

IMHO Not only Corrolla's but 323s are also capable of high milage.

Good for u mate. There are many 323BJ owners in AL who will help u out.

"The Corolla has a longer shelf life giving you a good 300k plus while the Mazda starts to age as it passes 150-200k on average."

I know I'm not the only 1 having doubts about this statement. We do have MAZDAs (323) with 500K on da clock in SL. Most of the cars hav passed 200K.

Eg: 89 - 94 BG familia sedans that some gov departments (renowned for taking care of the vehicles) has done fair bit of milage as well. And u still c them on the road.

As u said milindu it all depends on maintanace....So I'm lil cofused when u state "But for the 3000+km per month grind, the Corolla would be the car of choice."

IMHO Not only Corrolla's but 323s are also capable of high milage.

I was merely stating that the Corolla holds up better once it runs into high mileages relative to the Mazda 323 when run commercially in regard to things breaking and bits squeaking.

Not to say that a Mazda CAN'T do over 300k

Edited by milindu

My buddies ex p12 and present V35 is good enough driving pleasure 4 my standards :) even boss's s-type is a a dream to drive, especially high speed cornerings :)

yup.. even I am petty content with the driving pleasure I get from my poor old baby :)

chee chee, what were you doing in the S-type????

Guys,

Configurations

Mazda 323 BJ3

2003 Brand New

Done 87000 Km

Manual, F/O

Well here goes

• U need to get a timing belt changed by 90k- which is going to set u back a min of Rs.15K using Original parts no compromising here OK :violent-smiley-030:
  • BJ3 means 1300 cc may not be the best option as the weight to power ratio is not that great hence petrol consumption is not that good
  • color & tyranny is your choice –
  • Price – sounds good but since it’s a 1300cc mmmmm ?????
  • Check if the air sensor has been fiddled with
  • See if all maintenance records are there – if so good else the mileage could be fake or u never know
  • Take the car for a check up – drop me a mail [email protected] and I’ll help u out
  • LAST BUT NOT Least- Join the Mazda /Ford CLUB :rolleyes:

Well here goes

• U need to get a timing belt changed by 90k- which is going to set u back a min of Rs.15K using Original parts no compromising here OK :violent-smiley-030:
  • BJ3 means 1300 cc may not be the best option as the weight to power ratio is not that great hence petrol consumption is not that good
  • color & tyranny is your choice –
  • Price – sounds good but since it's a 1300cc mmmmm ?????
  • Check if the air sensor has been fiddled with
  • See if all maintenance records are there – if so good else the mileage could be fake or u never know
  • Take the car for a check up – drop me a mail [email protected] and I'll help u out
  • LAST BUT NOT Least- Join the Mazda /Ford CLUB :rolleyes:

There u go simple as that.

1.5 is good in fuel n easy 2 sell compaired with 1.3

Can some1 shed light on this "air flow sensor" prob in BJs? :mellow: