• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyata 110 Vs Mazda 323 Bj

Micke

The car in front is a Toyota !

hmmm just like the toyota promo.....he he

While agreeing with you that the Toyota is a good car, I must defend the Mazda..........I drive a 323 and must say its an absolute pleasure to drive. Mines a 1600, manual, so this is an advantage over the 1300 / 1500 auto I feel. An alround solid drive.

Fuel consumptions good too (approx 9 - 9.5 city and approx 14 - 15 out) Then again the auto would do less.

My advice would be to carefully weigh the pro's an cons of both and be very careful in your purchase.

Don't be hasty and regret it later..........you could fall for a 'nice an shiny' peice of crap. :)

Price wise, you'll pay less for a Mazda obviously, what with the Corolla being a Tad.......over priced an all :P

Ok my two cents worth.....

If you enjoy driving go for the Mazda. But beware about the prefacelift BJ if it is an auto. They are known to have defective boxes. If there is evidence of recent replacement or a proper rebuild (this is rare) then it should last 50k kms. I've had a bad experience :( .

The facelifted ones don't have this issue, or just find a manual. We also have a facelifet manual in the company and this has been absolutely great.

The suspension is way more sophisticated than the Corolla and a back to back drive will make this evident in an instant. Also the steering in the Mazda has decent weighting. The Corolla feels like it was weight for anorexic frail old ladies ;) .

The Mazda also looks better IMHO.

In the Corollas favour, you'll probably be able to sell it, probably the moment you think about advertising it :D

In the local market I believe Toyota is the most over rated vehicle. Most of the Corolla 110s in the market are quite hacked. It will be difficult to find a good one. The ones that look good also may be simply patch worked ones. For the same price you will be able to buy a very good Mazda for sure. If you are going to use this vehicle for a long time, go for the utility value of a vehicle and not the market value. Then only you will get true value for money!

Edited by L board

Ok my two cents worth.....

If you enjoy driving go for the Mazda. But beware about the prefacelift BJ if it is an auto. They are known to have defective boxes. If there is evidence of recent replacement or a proper rebuild (this is rare) then it should last 50k kms. I've had a bad experience :( .

The facelifted ones don't have this issue, or just find a manual. We also have a facelifet manual in the company and this has been absolutely great.

The suspension is way more sophisticated than the Corolla and a back to back drive will make this evident in an instant. Also the steering in the Mazda has decent weighting. The Corolla feels like it was weight for anorexic frail old ladies ;) .

The Mazda also looks better IMHO.

In the Corollas favour, you'll probably be able to sell it, probably the moment you think about advertising it :D

The sophisticated suspension is typical with Mazda. Our old 1987 Mazda Wagon had multi link independent suspension at the back ! Mazda's would also have more responsive engines with sharper gear boxes which will give you good acceleration. I think it is indeed this which leads to Mazda's not being as good as the Corolla's when it comes to fuel consumption !

The sophisticated suspension is typical with Mazda. Our old 1987 Mazda Wagon had multi link independent suspension at the back ! Mazda's would also have more responsive engines with sharper gear boxes which will give you good acceleration. I think it is indeed this which leads to Mazda's not being as good as the Corolla's when it comes to fuel consumption !

I agree, Very responsive !! Problem is I tend to use this responsiveness a bit too much :D

But then youre refering to the manual neda machang?

I remember this one time, when a simmilar mazda was trying to race along on marine drive, but I

kept getting stuck behind him cause his car just wasn't pulling. his revs must'v been hitting red everytime he wanted to speed up. Coulda been a hacked gear box ha?

In general auto's aren't that bad right?

I agree, Very responsive !! Problem is I tend to use this responsiveness a bit too much :D

I remember this one time, when a simmilar mazda was trying to race along on marine drive, but I

kept getting stuck behind him cause his car just wasn't pulling. his revs must'v been hitting red everytime he wanted to speed up. Coulda been a hacked gear box ha?

Ya Ur right- Auto Mazda are not bad at all- My friends has driven both a Mazda auto & a corolla and said the pulling and performance in the Mazda is far more greater ….

Over all the car is excellent- true a Corolla will do better on fuel but on the same angle VVT Mazda may also keep up with the figures in fuel consumption.

I always argue with the fuel topic – My 2 cents are basically a car will need fuel to run – right

Reasonable fuel consumption is Ok say 10 -11 Km per L in traffic

Asking for anything above- well just buy a Maruti & avoid big flashy cars

As they say U can’t have the cake and eat the cake ( I prefer the singhala version to this )

Edited by mazdaspeed

Gentlemen please note Toyota 110 is not so great on fuel. I had an AE110 auto (1500cc) which did only 9km/L in city. I do agree that versions that came after the 110 are quite good on fuel economy. But that is not the case with an auto 110.

One of my friend has AE110 1500CC Auto it does 10 kmpl (Mirihana-Nugegoda (Cargils hilevel rd) - Mirihana)

Mine AE110 1500CC Manual it does 11-12kmpl (Nugegoda - Boralesgamuwa - Nugegoda)

Edited by Nilantha

Mazda. If you treat it well you will love it.

Corrolla = Boring + Introvert / No risk type personality

Mazda = Interesting + Extrovert / High Risk Personality

:rolleyes:

Velo,

truer words have yet to be spoken sir !

Well said. Must adopt it for MFOC.

Oh oh, Ripper will reply this for sure , he he

An extrovert if I ever saw one ! ha :rolleyes:

One of my friend has AE110 1500CC Auto it does 10 kmpl (Mirihana-Nugegoda (Keels Super hilevel rd) – Mirihana)

Mine AE110 1500CC Manual it does 11-12kmpl (Nugegoda – Boralesgamuwa – Nugegoda)

which is essentially, no better than the figures of the mazdas, debunking the persistent myth that corollas are somehow magically better on fuel.

I was referring to a manual, but you need to drive an auto slightly differently from a manual if you are to get the best out of it ! For example if your floor the throttle on an auto the first thing that will happen is the auto box will shift a gear down which will make you go slower rather than faster ! You need to have a sensitive right foot to master an auto !

If your friends car is not accelerating very well it might be time for an auto fluid change !

Gentlemen please note Toyota 110 is not so great on fuel. I had an AE110 auto (1500cc) which did only 9km/L in city. I do agree that versions that came after the 110 are quite good on fuel economy. But that is not the case with an auto 110.

that really depends on how that particular car has been looked after and driving style aint it...

I've heard manual 110's doing 10-12 in city traffic.. can't really ask for more than that with a car of that generation with older technology :)

that's just my 0.02 :)

Compare to the 323, AE110 is much better car. good on fuel , low maintain cost, good resale value. (I have used both 110 and 323)

One thing I have to say, some ppl talk about driving pleasure, performance etc. These type of family sedans you wont notice much difference. Well maintained car runs smoothly either it is 110 or 323

Compare to the 323, AE110 is much better car. good on fuel , low maintain cost, good resale value. (I have used both 110 and 323)

One thing I have to say, some ppl talk about driving pleasure, performance etc. These type of family sedans you wont notice much difference. Well maintained car runs smoothly either it is 110 or 323

excuse me? running smoothly alone is not the only key to Driving pleasure.... by making that statement you have made it evident that you haven't a clue what driving pleasure is!

excuse me? running smoothly alone is not the only key to Driving pleasure.... by making that statement you have made it evident that you haven't a clue what driving pleasure is!

Fully agree with you 'Supra_Natural'

U claim to have driven a 323 But I cant seem to comprehend how the performance of a corolla & a 323 is similar in your opnion- unless u just basically drive the car - theres a BIG difference between driving casually and trashing the car- thats when the performance levels start to kick in and the 2 become evident.

Agree with you on fuel –

Maintenance is not expensive on Mazdas parts are actually cheaper than Toyotas eg mirrors

Well resale value cant argue with u as I always say Sri Lankans (Most) only know 2 types cars Toyota & Nissan ( With respect to the 2 brands)

Edited by mazdaspeed

Think hes just saying a well maintained car will run smoothly and the pleasure and performance aspects aren't that important in a family sedan. Its the overall Toyota design philosophy.

I mean fair enough, for some people the car is merely a tool to travel from A to B. Its not about the experience. Its for the enthusiast, that its about the experience.

I was referring to a manual, but you need to drive an auto slightly differently from a manual if you are to get the best out of it ! For example if your floor the throttle on an auto the first thing that will happen is the auto box will shift a gear down which will make you go slower rather than faster ! You need to have a sensitive right foot to master an auto !

If your friends car is not accelerating very well it might be time for an auto fluid change !

True, auto's need to be handled much defferently.

Actually this wans't a friend.......just a random car on the road.

You know how it is.....morning rush to get to work, with a little speeding here an there :D

Going off topic a bit I must say you meet some very interesting drivers in the mornings he he

QUOTE(AppleBee @ Aug 20 2008, 06:29 PM)

My friend even tho I agree on the fact that most family sedans aren't made for "performance" in terms of racing, we still have to look at performance in terms of fuel efficiency, responsiveness, ride, handling etc. And the driving pleasure I get is that the car runs smoothly like you say, where I enjoy the drive even if the roads and sometimes even the other drivers are bad :rolleyes: ........you know what I mean? Its how the car feels to you and how good you feel driving the car.