• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Oh Why, Do They Do This?????????

SHAI

I know this has been discussed before at length, but everytime I see a car like this : http://www.autolanka.com/gallery/

I think to myself, wouldn't the person doing this have spent quite a sum on it? whay not spend it doing the car up in its original form?

I know the tastes of people are varied, but nevertheless, doesn't it seem a crime to you? :o

I know this has been discussed before at length, but everytime I see a car like this : http://www.autolanka.com/gallery/

I think to myself, wouldn't the person doing this have spent quite a sum on it? whay not spend it doing the car up in its original form?

I know the tastes of people are varied, but nevertheless, doesn't it seem a crime to you? :o

Which are exactly are you talking about about? You've given the link to the gallery...

There is a certain trick to pointing at certain pics in the gallery, the address bar doesn't display it :D

Which are exactly are you talking about about? You've given the link to the gallery...

There is a certain trick to pointing at certain pics in the gallery, the address bar doesn't display it :D

Oh bugger.....better learn that trick then..lol

I was refering to the Powder blue VW towards the end of the gallery. and also might add another bug on the classifieds.

The dark blue one.......that's not as bad, but bad nevertheless.

Oh bugger.....better learn that trick then..lol

I was refering to the Powder blue VW towards the end of the gallery. and also might add another bug on the classifieds.

The dark blue one.......that's not as bad, but bad nevertheless.

couldnt agree more dude... but unfortunately, certain classes of idiot happen to think doing this sort of thing to a poor old VW is "Cool".... <_<

it's enough to make traditionalist bug owners go apeshite!

This is the one you meant isn't it?

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/p52831265.html

Edited by Supra_Natural

couldnt agree more dude... but unfortunately, certain classes of idiot happen to think doing this sort of thing to a poor old VW is "Cool".... <_<

Yup, that be the one :rolleyes: ..........I really must learn how to give the proper link. : )

Machang I think anyone who's a genuine car lover will go ape...............a traditinalist might want to commit suicide lol

Actually even the grand ole morris minor is not without its share of disasters..............in fact thats probably the most

overdone car in SL me thinks. Leaving the stickers and other bits n bobs added on, I think the worst mistake people make is on the alloys. I must admit however that finding the proper rims is a problem......

Thats nothing... The yellow s2k was absolute sacrilege :)

Yeah true that........ :rolleyes: Some jackasses I tell ya... *sigh*

If my memory serves me correct... there was a VW bug for sale on AL sometime ago where the owner had dropped in a nissan dash, steering etc etc... i think it was from a FB13 or 14... :angry-smiley-048:

Noticed something interesting and rather funny while at the car show: fake web addresses which were strewn all over cars, banners and other promotional material. :huh: What do they hope to gain out of it? Do they not realize that they loose face and credibility by doing so? I suppose they want to appear 'sophisticated'... :rolleyes:

further to add,

I have seen some cars with tons and tons of Cataloy Paste to make the cars look wide body.

i just cannot believe why owners put there cars through such torture.

off course the Village Blokes might think it may be cool, but seriously i feel its a crime.

:rolleyes:

yap apart of all that what i hate is people sticking badges not really reflect the original status of the car like most CIVICS paste TYPE R with out at least changing the spark plugs of the engine ... :blink: and lot of STi badges and EVO's tag along ....

Velocity i think ... machang they think that the ride would go faster and handle better when they add all those look alike kits ...

no personal vendeta against Dumi##a ..BUT i really can't understand his body works looks pretty bulky and ugly ... and surely the rides drink more fuel with out giving any performance

and if u come back to the topic ... yap abuseing old cars and trying to look it high end is grose it makes me puke ... let the oldies be oldies may be a some models u can modify in the way they used to do it the in the good old days .. i never mind modding a old mustang or a camaro but Beetles and old moris .... <_< people wil respect the car alot if its in very good condition original comfy seats and with all the manual stuff rather than trying to make it look like a modded civic or a scooby

may be in the villages u wil make the heads turn with it .. but i can't really imagine around where .... may be monaragala .. ampara :angry-smiley-048:

yap apart of all that what i hate is people sticking badges not really reflect the original status of the car like most CIVICS paste TYPE R with out at least changing the spark plugs of the engine ... :blink: and lot of STi badges and EVO's tag along ....

Velocity i think ... machang they think that the ride would go faster and handle better when they add all those look alike kits ...

no personal vendeta against Dumi##a ..BUT i really can't understand his body works looks pretty bulky and ugly ... and surely the rides drink more fuel with out giving any performance

and if u come back to the topic ... yap abuseing old cars and trying to look it high end is grose it makes me puke ... let the oldies be oldies may be a some models u can modify in the way they used to do it the in the good old days .. i never mind modding a old mustang or a camaro but Beetles and old moris .... <_< people wil respect the car alot if its in very good condition original comfy seats and with all the manual stuff rather than trying to make it look like a modded civic or a scooby

may be in the villages u wil make the heads turn with it .. but i can't really imagine around where .... may be monaragala .. ampara :angry-smiley-048:

recently i saw a nissan with a "NRD" sticker with fonts looking similar to TRD :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:

dint have the cam with me to take a pic sadly :)

For Fiber body-Kits they use, Mat Sheet, Fiber Paste and these days less fiber and more Catloy, Properly don’t fiber buffer is lighter than the original plastic one but the thing is in SL people don’t do Fiber products properly, to design a Fiber buffer first of all u need to build the buffer and its heavy cus to get the shapes use lods of Catloy and then after its perfect need to make a Mold of it then the final product comes from the mold, Anyway to do this it will take more time and money, in SL to do proper wide body kit project it will take more than one year.

Most Heavily kitted cars have small alloy wheels, and I have seen wide kits with 13 inch and the max is 15, but wide kit need 17 inch to get the look, and I have see a black color march with a wide kit and I can say it must be a most ugly kitted car in SL, and after the kit owner blaming about the fuel consumption too, these extra weight will effect the suspension and fuel economy.

Anyway puting big aloys, body kits to cars like old VW, moris is just destroying the car, some people think modification is , Loud Exhaust, Aloys and body kit with muti color paint, stupid f**kers.

Hey guys!

Good to hear that im not the only one who noticed the above mentioned.

1. That bug is a disgrace! :violent-smiley-099:

2. The yellow S2000, that is a classical sports car, ruined!Did you hear the awful sound system?

3. The fake websites. No shortage of that here!

4. Lack of participants. Basically the same cars from the show a few weeks back and dominated by the offroaders. That orange car with the 20 inches was about the only showstopper.

That orange car with the 20 inches was about the only showstopper.

If your referring to the car at the Advance Audio stall, that stopped the show last year. Now its just something thats been seen before. Now that Pik-up was new. And funky. Even had a 21 inch screen.

Or course, there are ways to make the same old cars interesting again...

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/p52831286.html

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/p52831283.html

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/p52831346.html

Edited by Pericles

If your referring to the car at the Advance Audio stall, that stopped the show last year. Now its just something thats been seen before. Now that Pik-up was new. And funky. Even had a 21 inch screen.

http://autolanka.fotopic.net/p52831346.html

But its the same upgrade done to many! :D

Hey guys!

Good to hear that im not the only one who noticed the above mentioned.

1. That bug is a disgrace! :violent-smiley-099:

2. The yellow S2000, that is a classical sports car, ruined!Did you hear the awful sound system?

3. The fake websites. No shortage of that here!

4. Lack of participants. Basically the same cars from the show a few weeks back and dominated by the offroaders. That orange car with the 20 inches was about the only showstopper.

is this the same yellow S2000 that was there in the July motorshow? as i remember the car didnt have any kit at that time...

Would anyone happen to have a picture of it? quite curious to see it :D

I don't understand why you guys critisize the guys who modify VW bugs! Different people have different likings!! I own a modified bug. I have put a dash board of a Toyota Corolla AE100, I have made it full option by installing power shutter kits and central locking with remote. Power steering is also added. I have also installed a state of the art sterio with 12 CD changer, sub woofer, power antenna, DVD etc worth nearly 150,000. Engine was also replaced and I have fixed an AC which needed loads of modifications. Of course the body was completely modified by Dumi**a. The car is Metalic Red with bright blue and green stripes. The hood is bright yellow. I have modified the silencers as well to get that extra beat. I lifted the body a bit and put 15 inch alloys. It is a much nicer and a better car now. And of course it grabs the attention of everyone including nice girls :rolleyes:

Why dont you also think positively and not critisize people like me??

Ah I forgot to mention that I have added a car phone too. It is REALY COOL!!

Edited by L board

And of course it grabs the attention of everyone including nice girls :rolleyes:

no offence machan, to get chicks attention u need to have a sky, Fairlady, Evo, Sti or somekind or super ride or a new kool looking jeep or sumthing, cus thesedays they aint dumb and they know hell lot about cars. About a modified buy been a Pus*s* magnet............well im not sure about that bro :unsure: Another thing we always try to lower the ride to get a nice look but why u lift the ride ? Anyway Modification and Rice are two different things,

Edited by GihanFX

lyk da car alot.... :)