• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb14

Dilruwan

Question

9 answers to this question

The FB14 is fairly reasonable on fuel, probably not as frugal as the Corolla but certainly on part with the Mazda the Lancer and others

Agreed 100%. When you compare the cost of a similiar corolla, I am certain that a slight disadvantage in fuel consumption can be neglected. Also the difference in fuel consumption between a toyota and a well maintained FB14 is very small. So I would go for a FB14 over a similiar toyota any day.

My theory is, buy a FB14, save the additional money which you would have spent on a toyota in a bank, the interest will more than cover up for the small extra cost for fuel.. :action-smiley-060:

Thanks Don. Quating corolla you must be refering to 110 right. Is that the best option then

Well the AE100 and AE110 are equally good with the 110 being slightly more comfortable

There is no such thing as a best option as you often have to pay a higher cost of acquisition to get your hands on say a Corolla which is very popular, and when taking relative inflation in to consideration, cos in Sri Lanka vehicles sometimes appreciate rather than depreciate the only way you can justify a higher cost of acquisition is if you run a lot of miles on a regular basis !

Also a car is something you buy with your heart as well as your head, though sheer numbers themselves are only half the story !

I kind of think in certain ways the FB14 is a better purchase than the AE110 since its about 200-300K cheaper, very reliable, parts are reasonable and not really a problamatic car ! Its only slightly behind the Corolla in terms of fuel consumption as well but I think the Sunny looks better (this is a personal choice !)

The GT Turbo only manages 8-9 I think ! That 130 odd bhp does have to come from somewhere !

Totally wrong! If driven under 2000rpm does 13-14kmpl. Under heavy boost still it'll do 8-10kmpl. I dont think you can compare these figure with any car in SL!

Nothing add about 130BHP. Even the stock EP82 1300 non turbo has 100BHP. Now thats add! In the GT you gain 35BHP from the CT9 Turbo.

What you missed is the cars weight.

The EP82 GT Turbo is only 860Kg.!Thats the secret. ;)