• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need To Buy A Petrol Car

Indika Kumara

Dear All,

I m looking for a petrol car (manual transmission). My budget is around 12 lks. And this is for first time i m going to buy it. Please let me know what should I consider when going to buy a used car. And someone told me go for Toyota or Nissan models.

When I say this I mean no disrespect to the 2 brands

Basically tell the some 1 who told u - that there are other brands of cars such as Honda , Mazda, Ford, Subaru, Hyundai, Kia and the list goes on…… :violent-smiley-099::angry-smiley-048:<_<

This has been discussed may a times-

Basically are u looking at saving fuel or a sporty look?. Sporty & Saving fuel do NO go hand in hand most times hence u need to make a call.

Does the company pay for your fuel or do u have to pocket it ?

What’s the general purpose of the car – daily travel or occasional drive on weekends ?

Brand new would be difficult to get for 12Lks. Hence used cars would always have an issue somewhere down the line – that’s how life is

Ya.. Fuel is one major thing i m considering. And it will not for day-to-day travel (With this traffic issue it is useless). And body parts should be easy to find. And well, sporty look is doesn't matter for me. And I hope to sell it after 2 - 3 years. So have to think about 2nd hand market also.

Ya.. Fuel is one major thing i m considering. And it will not for day-to-day travel (With this traffic issue it is useless). And body parts should be easy to find. And well, sporty look is doesn't matter for me. And I hope to sell it after 2 - 3 years. So have to think about 2nd hand market also.

so y don't u think about Corolla AE100 or AE110

Apart from all these recommendations..since fuel cost is your concern..theres nothing to beat the STARLET..look around and inquire from people observer classifi. this will prove it. I agree there are enough smaller non-jap cars around..which does well on fuel and for this price.but believe me there's a whole lot a difference in a JAP. :rolleyes:

I doubt you could get a model newer than 1997-1998..even that I am not sure..But if you find and lucky enough you might get one..Parts are freely available everywhere..

Certainly I would say slow to moderate driving one could archive 11-13 in it..and this is in city traffic with AC.

Finally Toyota has the best 2nd hand market in SL..you could have notice this even by looking at our AL classifieds. Think honda comes second.

Hi,

I found some AE100 cars in 19-XXXX. But those were not in good condition. AE110 is in upper level in my budget. Still i wasn't able to find that model below or in 12 lks.

There are lot of non-Japanease cars available in very low prices. But i got advices don't go for those. And problem with the STARLET is space. STARLET, MARCH, MARUTI all model's giving the space problem to me bcos my height is 6'2. :D

Hi,

I found some AE100 cars in 19-XXXX. But those were not in good condition. AE110 is in upper level in my budget. Still i wasn't able to find that model below or in 12 lks.

There are lot of non-Japanease cars available in very low prices. But i got advices don't go for those. And problem with the STARLET is space. STARLET, MARCH, MARUTI all model's giving the space problem to me bcos my height is 6'2. :D

Hi,

Mate..why didnt you say soo..But stilll I disagree..My Starlet has same legroom (front)as my MAZDA Familia..(your story is true with march and other small cars) though its hatch..the problem comes only to the passenger seats! IN that case go for a never 1997-1998 Mazda.

You could get an English plated car for this price with F/O, obviously it donet hold that kinda second hand market of a toyota but still all car market prices in general expand..if you are lucky could get a MAZDA which has done less than 100,000km. so whatever you buy I am sure you can sell it for at least a rupee more the day after..hope you get what I mean! :rolleyes: