• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Blower Fan Problem

monty

Question

Hi Guys,

I had a problem where the A/C blower fan did not switch on when put to the 3rd speed position. But it all worked fine for speeds 1,2 and 4 until recently where it stopped working for speed 1 as well. It still switches on fine for speeds 2 and 4. I've checked this with or without the A/C on. What could possibly be the cause? and where will I need to check? I have an EK3. Really appreciate any help.

Thanks Guys!

monty :jumping-smiley-013:

1 answer to this question

Hi Guys,

I had a problem where the A/C blower fan did not switch on when put to the 3rd speed position. But it all worked fine for speeds 1,2 and 4 until recently where it stopped working for speed 1 as well. It still switches on fine for speeds 2 and 4. I've checked this with or without the A/C on. What could possibly be the cause? and where will I need to check? I have an EK3. Really appreciate any help.

Thanks Guys!

monty :jumping-smiley-013:

monty,

You will need to take a closer look at the fan switch. It could be down to faulty contacts. on some cars there are separate resistors for each setting of the fan. So it could be that you might need to replace those. Take it to a good electrical place im sure they will be able to sort it out.

Edited by maliths