• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto News

Devinda_Z

• 1 year later...

More details here http://www.caradvice.com.au/268273/global-ncap-slams-indian-small-car-safety-following-mass-failure/

I guess the buyers will decide how cheap their (and their passengers) lives are.

Members,

I use Indian Maruti Omni. Cost me only 9.95 when I bought same.

Insurance companies are opening up like Mushrooms In S/L. Therefore I will leave my life on them with all safety clauses,

Because I know the safty clauses of theirs, how they pay in Sri Lanka. You have to pay extra for all this.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

Insurance companies are opening up like Mushrooms In S/L. Therefore I will leave my life on them with all safety clauses,

Because I know the safty clauses of theirs, how they pay in Sri Lanka. You have to pay extra for all this.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Firstly, this has nothing to do with insurance. Secondly. what's the point of having a good policy if you're not alive to enjoy it.

Being wealthy as you claim to be, why would you put your wife and daughter in a van which could easily kill them when you can afford something that will protect them better. Even if you have the best insurance policy in the world, if your wife or daughter died in an unsafe vehicle, all you would get is money. What good is more money (for a rich person like you) if you've sacrificed the lives of your loved ones.

• Like 1

Members,

There may be insurance agents on this forum. They will answer my logic, on my post is correct or not.

Whatever I posses movables and immovable in my possession are insured with reputed insurance company.

I or any family member dies, from automobile accident. Heirs will get the benefit.

My insurance premiums are going to more than 6 figures.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

There may be insurance agents on this forum. They will answer my logic, on my post is correct or not.

Whatever I posses movables and immovable in my possession are insured with reputed insurance company.

I or any family member dies, from automobile accident. Heirs will get the benefit.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

So are you saying you'd rather your loved one die in a preventable motor accident and collect a millions in compensation as opposed to your loved ones NOT dying?

And the above discussion had nothing to do with insurance. It was about vehicle safety. Where's Sylvi's Maruti Omni going? Coconuts in the back.

• Like 4

Members,

This watchman is only a watcher elevated to watch computers. He him self has confirmed same.

What can you expect from a watcher. He only knows to find faults of his establishment staff.

Nothing about automobile advice.

Left for members who come to get advice on Automobile problems to believe this Watcher ( WATCHMEN).

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Indian car companies focus mainly on cost and overlooks other important aspects like safety. The article clearly shows how much they have sacrificed in the name of price. Funny they dont have airbags when they need them in India where from what I've heard they drive like crazy. Also it shows the cheap quality materials used in making the cars chassis.

@Sylvi: Please dont bring the topic of insurance into this discussion because a) the discussion is on how unsafe the so called cheap Indian cars are, B) your point of Maruti Omni being just 1mil, if you think of the well being of yours and your loved ones you wouldn't buy a cheap unsafe car. If I were you I would have bought a safer used car for that money, true I would have paid more on maintenance but in the end I'm sure that I wont die like in the recent Maruti accidents that I've seen in the papers.

• Like 3

Although I'm not really surprised of the poor ratings those cars received, I wonder why this wasn't bought up sooner.

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you Sylvi. How in the world can you lay the lives of your loved ones to an insurance company and pretend that you'll all be good? Haven't you heard the phrase "Prevention is better than cure"?. Having airbags (or adhering to a safety standard) is Prevention. Paying for the funeral of your loved ones from insurance money is barely a Cure. So before some poor soul takes your advice seriously, please think twice and extend your opinion because this could be some poor child's life we're talking about.

• Like 3

Members,

This watchman is only a watcher elevated to watch computers. He him self has confirmed same.

What can you expect from a watcher. He only knows to find faults of his establishment staff.

Nothing about automobile advice.

Left for members who come to get advice on Automobile problems to believe this Watcher ( WATCHMEN).

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi Sylvi,

Why don't you take your personal animosities out of this equation and look at this objectively. A person's profession has nothing to do with how much regard he/she has for the life of another human being. So why do you have to bring up a person's profession into this?

Remember one thing though. When there's a major accident on the road its not rich folks in BMWs and Mercedes (and Omnis) who come help the victims, it's the simple common man on a motorcycle, three-wheeler that come to help.

Members,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi you blithering idiot

that comment really pissed me off

no matter how much your vehicle is insured if its gonna kill you, its gonna kill you

and how can you not have respect for your own freaking life.

for a person who boast about your wealth (intentionaly or unintentionaly) u are a bloody cheapo when it comes to vehicles

Safety is not something you should EVER compromise no matter how insured you are. and i dont understand why on effing earth you even brought up insurance.

a person with the right mind would buy a used "safe" over a unsafe indian car.

and i i bet you, if they test the Marui Omni of yours, it would score even less than that nano.

since in the Omni. you spine is already bent just sitting on it coz of the low roof and your legs are the the crumple zones

Geez...

• Like 4

I don't know about your heirs, but in my case, I'm pretty sure my heirs prefer having me around rather than an insurance payout coz I was stupid enough to be penny wise and pound foolish.

But then again, if you want to get how ever many figures of rupees in place of your family, thats your call.

Members,

You have missed the entire point, so stop behaving like a stupid buffoon. Insurance doesn't protect you. We don't need insurance agents to figure that out.

I don't know about your heirs, but in my case, I'm pretty sure my heirs prefer having me around rather than an insurance payout coz I was stupid enough to be penny wise and pound foolish.

But then again, if you want to get how ever many figures of rupees in place of your family, thats your call.

You have missed the entire point, so stop behaving like a stupid buffoon. Insurance doesn't protect you. We don't need insurance agents to figure that out.

Pericles,

You reply post to mine is another negative post by you. Which I don't care.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi you blithering idiot

that comment really pissed me off

no matter how much your vehicle is insured if its gonna kill you, its gonna kill you

and how can you not have respect for your own freaking life.

for a person who boast about your wealth (intentionaly or unintentionaly) u are a bloody cheapo when it comes to vehicles

Safety is not something you should EVER compromise no matter how insured you are. and i dont understand why on effing earth you even brought up insurance.

a person with the right mind would buy a used "safe" over a unsafe indian car.

and i i bet you, if they test the Marui Omni of yours, it would score even less than that nano.

since in the Omni. you spine is already bent just sitting on it coz of the low roof and your legs are the the crumple zones

Geez...

Schiffer,

I am not an blithering idiot. I request you, if the cap fits, wear it.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Schiffer,

I am not an blithering idiot. I request you, if the cap fits, wear it.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I beg to differ Sylvi, you ARE in fact a blithering idiot. You just proved it yet again by your statements on this thread.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Sylvi" data-cid="256401" data-time="1391517878"><p>

Members,<br />

<br />

There may be insurance agents on this forum. They will answer my logic, on my post is correct or not.<br />

<br />

Whatever I posses movables and immovable in my possession are insured with reputed insurance company.<br />

<br />

I or any family member dies, from automobile accident. Heirs will get the benefit.<br />

<br />

My insurance premiums are going to more than 6 figures.<br />

<br />

Sylvi Wijesinghe.</p></blockquote>

Mr. Sylvi,

The utter conviction with which you say this is frightening.

I'm not an insurance agent but I have worked for insurance companies my whole career.so believe me when I say that your logic is completely void.

Even if you get a cover so comprehensive that it will cover damages from bird droppings, it is still a post-damage monetary compensation. If the damage in question involves a death of a loved one, what good is that cheque?

If your sole reasoning behind buying a cheap car is the (false) sense of security of an insurance policy, please rethink your choices.

Members,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Honorable Member of Autolanka,

Sir, it is good that you have insured your self.

Your strategy of using a cheap Indian van to increase your chances of getting killed, so that your family members can claim your insurance (and vise versa) is simply remarkable

If I remember correctly, one of your esteemed relations defied death recently by changing the batteries of a hybrid car by himself, No doubt he too has insured himself to abject poverty, so that one day his beneficiaries can claim insurance

It is even more remarkable that you have managed to survive up to now without harming your good self in these episodes of "hold my beer while I ride my omni"

Regards

Edited by liya
  • Like 4