• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Isn't This Illegal

Az

Can't AL admins explain about this matter to him?

if the transaction happened, will it be a problem to the website?

if you know the rules, we should help him and shouldnt put him in a trouble..(IMO)

good point but i'd say doc deen here must be knowing what he's doing... not like he's the first dude to sell a permit illegally. a possible buyer would also know what he's getting into cos lots of people are quite careful these days on vehicle deals mostly due to security reasons...

I doubt this would be a problem to the site though cos AL can't police folks about what they want to sell... :)

Only peri can in the forums :lol:

I've seen other automotive sites having ads to sell illegally registered bikes for example...like 1000cc etc ...

I'm sure the site owners know those displacement figures won't get you a proper plate...legally :) So i'd say it's the advertiser who's at fault and not the media place :)

Can't AL admins explain about this matter to him?

if the transaction happened, will it be a problem to the website?

if you know the rules, we should help him and shouldnt put him in a trouble..(IMO)

1. Probably could. But there is nothing to explain is there? If the man is a doc, you'd assume he is educated enough to know what it means when you get permit that can't be transfered for 5 years.

2. Probably not. For one thing, no one was aware at the time it went up.

3. Like I said, if the man is educated enough to be a doc, he should know the rules. I don't know the course of action that Madz will want to take on this, and I'm not a legal expert to be sure where the site stands (Which is why I keep saying probably) For all I know, it could be taken as aiding an attempt at fraud, even tho its done unknowingly. But on the other hand, the customer has paid and entered a contract, so is AL duty bound to run the advert?

So, like I said in the beginning, interesting situ.

1. Probably could. But there is nothing to explain is there? If the man is a doc, you'd assume he is educated enough to know what it means when you get permit that can't be transfered for 5 years.

2. Probably not. For one thing, no one was aware at the time it went up.

3. Like I said, if the man is educated enough to be a doc, he should know the rules. I don't know the course of action that Madz will want to take on this, and I'm not a legal expert to be sure where the site stands (Which is why I keep saying probably) For all I know, it could be taken as aiding an attempt at fraud, even tho its done unknowingly. But on the other hand, the customer has paid and entered a contract, so is AL duty bound to run the advert?

So, like I said in the beginning, interesting situ.

Its best you inform the boss though Peri, cos there is an element of "aiding and abetting" here, and since the fact has been brought to your notice it will not reflect well if no action is taken.

Guys, This is just for my curiosities sake ok...

Is this 5 year non-tranferable rule also applicable to the limted number of permits which certain govt servants were allowed to sell...for eg. senior SLAS officers.....They could sell their permits to outsiders.....but im not sure as to the rule of selling THOSE vehicles....any idea????

Cheers

Guys, This is just for my curiosities sake ok...

Is this 5 year non-tranferable rule also applicable to the limted number of permits which certain govt servants were allowed to sell...for eg. senior SLAS officers.....They could sell their permits to outsiders.....but im not sure as to the rule of selling THOSE vehicles....any idea????

Cheers

The SLAS permits also known as Secretary Permits are transferable. (they also had a higher tax concession). There is a Rexton in the classifieds which was brought down under that.

Thanks Madmax...

In that case Madz i assume its wise to just verify with the owner of the corolla as well....maybe it was bought on a transferable permit.......maybe give the bugger a chance to explain himself before tagging him a criminal hehe.......Innocent until proven otherwise isnt it guys?? Or was it the other way around? ;)

In that case Madz i assume its wise to just verify with the owner of the corolla as well....maybe it was bought on a transferable permit. ;)

This car carries a red dash on the number plate indicating it's on a non transferable permit.