• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Isn't This Illegal

Az

You can't run it on open papers. As the owner can not even sign the papers legally before 5 years. Anyway what is the price of this car brand new? Considering it's a petrol you don't need a permit to get it down in the first place. Owner and he says it's a permit car. And what's funny is he admits that the brand new price from Toyota Lanka itself is 6.2 Million.

Edited by madmax

Well it certainly is illegal!

Cant the admin take a decision by reporting this?

all credit should go to AZ though!

Yes I agree – after all we have had some heated debates on this – it’s Just unfair people selling this for a thumping amount and having a profit. Some families have got 2 permits which I think is F%*king crazy

Can we report this to an authority ?

Yes I agree – after all we have had some heated debates on this – it’s Just unfair people selling this for a thumping amount and having a profit. Some families have got 2 permits which I think is F%*king crazy

Can we report this to an authority ?

I don't think we can complain about some families getting 2 permits dude.... if there are two people in the family who qualify, then thats all right... they HAVE worked for the privilege after all...

But this is just patently illegal, does anyone know if a complaint can be made?

You can't run it on open papers. As the owner can not even sign the papers legally before 5 years. Anyway what is the price of this car brand new? Considering it's a petrol you don't need a permit to get it down in the first place. Owner and he says it's a permit car. And what's funny is he admits that the brand new price from Toyota Lanka itself is 6.2 Million.

Which means it should be based on a personal agreement only between the seller & the purchaser which will be legally unacceptable!!

Well there is one way of this transaction being legal. If the owner pays the due duty to the customs, which was exempted earlier, there should be no problem in selling it. The NGO's and all when selling there vehicles does the same thing, where when they auction off the vehicles you get the duty paid documents which they do prior to selling the vehicles if they are brought down under duty free schemes.

Even I noticed the red dash and my thinking was dat the owner was quoting 6.2Mil with the duty he has to pay. But if he doesn't this certainly is illegal.

Well there is one way of this transaction being legal. If the owner pays the due duty to the customs, which was exempted earlier, there should be no problem in selling it. The NGO's and all when selling there vehicles does the same thing, where when they auction off the vehicles you get the duty paid documents which they do prior to selling the vehicles if they are brought down under duty free schemes.

Even I noticed the red dash and my thinking was dat the owner was quoting 6.2Mil with the duty he has to pay. But if he doesn't this certainly is illegal.

Guess you got it wrong there mate. There is no way the owner can sell a recently offered permit concession car even after paying duty and make the transaction legal. It is clearly declared in the permit conformity.

Anyhow the JHU bikku Ellawala Medananda publicly admitted of selling his duty free permit to businessman and nothing happened so far. Guess the general public is following the steps of our own parliamentarians and especially the examples set by the “Buddha Puthras” :lol:

MINIACE

Guess you got it wrong there mate. There is no way the owner can sell a recently offered permit concession car even after paying duty and make the transaction legal. It is clearly declared in the permit conformity.

Anyhow the JHU bikku Ellawala Medananda publicly admitted of selling his duty free permit to businessman and nothing happened so far. Guess the general public is following the steps of our own parliamentarians and especially the examples set by the “Buddha Puthras” :lol:

MINIACE

good point and well said ace :) when so called "leaders" and supposedly "respected" folks starts abusing these things...you can't expect good doctor deen here not to :)

only the smaller sprats down the food chain have to pay for all these things finally while the lokkas nicely rip-off public money... :violent-smiley-099:

I don't think we can complain about some families getting 2 permits dude.... if there are two people in the family who qualify, then thats all right... they HAVE worked for the privilege after all...

But this is just patently illegal, does anyone know if a complaint can be made?

by bad- wording error - I was meaning the selling of the car under the permit

Thing is, its not illegal unless a transaction takes place. As such its not illegal to advertise it. Immoral, maybe. But unless as least an agreement at a transaction is reached, I doubt it's illegal. I suppose you can report it, but then, even the cops will have to set up a fake buy operation and catch him at it. Just advertising it probably won't be enough.

Thing is, its not illegal unless a transaction takes place. As such its not illegal to advertise it. Immoral, maybe. But unless as least an agreement at a transaction is reached, I doubt it's illegal. I suppose you can report it, but then, even the cops will have to set up a fake buy operation and catch him at it. Just advertising it probably won't be enough.

Well, the intention of advertising that vehicle is to find a buyer and conduct a transaction. Isn't conspiring to commit an illegal activity itself an illegal act? For example, several people who have put illegal advertisements on eBay have been arrested in the recent past... I remember somebody trying to auction a baby or something like that on eBay and getting arrested

I think as AZ said this could be considered "conspiring to commit a crime" which is a crime on its own light. What I am surprised by is how openly this is done !

As for the Bikku who Miniace mentioned, its hardly surprising these things happen considering our so called "moral authorities" themselves cannot even obey the simple letter of the law so enlightenment is certainly a long way away ! (and certainly for us idiots who follow such "Budhdha Puthras its even further away !)

Well, the intention of advertising that vehicle is to find a buyer and conduct a transaction. Isn't conspiring to commit an illegal activity itself an illegal act? For example, several people who have put illegal advertisements on eBay have been arrested in the recent past... I remember somebody trying to auction a baby or something like that on eBay and getting arrested

eBay is a transaction site. AL is just an advertising medium. He can claim he changed his mind if contacted.

Besides, can't be so quick to judge. Just thinking about the act doesn't mean you plan to follow thru with it. Ever think "I'm gonna kill that guy for doing that"? Or, "Damn, we need to rob a bank"?