• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bent Alloy Wheel Repair

Memphis

Question

Hey guys,

Are there places where they fix damaged alloy wheels? For example ones bent as a result of running over an island etc :) Any help would be appreciated along with a rough estimate of the cost as usual.

Edited by Memphis

9 answers to this question

There's a tire shop called "Macro" or something at Nawala, right near the Narahenpita road. I've heard they do it.

Thanks machan. I went to my wheel alignment guy and he said he'll let me know whether it's repairable. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Thanks machan. I went to my wheel alignment guy and he said he'll let me know whether it's repairable. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Tyrell,

The way they repair it is by heating the wheel & then hammering it back to shape. It is a difficult job. If not properly done, you may never be able to use a tubeless tire with that wheel again :(

Tyrell,

The way they repair it is by heating the wheel & then hammering it back to shape. It is a difficult job. If not properly done, you may never be able to use a tubeless tire with that wheel again :(

Yeah that's what I was told. But mine wasn't that badly damaged, just a dent. it could have been worse.

Yeah that's what I was told. But mine wasn't that badly damaged, just a dent. it could have been worse.

had a lot of bends on one of my alloys when i bought the car... amila did it for 3.5k... but it all depends on how bad your rim is... problem is the paint would probably peel off your rim like it did on mine cos of the heat used so you'll have to repaint it...

Edited by sharkster

had a lot of bends on one of my alloys when i bought the car... amila did it for 3.5k... but it all depends on how bad your rim is... problem is the paint would probably peel off your rim like it did on mine cos of the heat used so you'll have to repaint it...

Got the rim back It's usable but I transferred it to the rear, just to be on the safe side. I might have to get it painted/buffed to get a good finish. Shak I'll contact you offline before getting it done.

On 7/19/2008 at 11:08 AM, sharkster said:

Dear Sharkster,

Please let me know the place / contact no of mechanic who done the repair.  My car heaving low profile tyres and light weight alloy wheels. front left side one has buckled.