• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Supercar Meet-up

Andrew_GTR

Ok Guys this is the Plan!

SUPERCAR MEET-UP 2008

VENUE: NAWAM MAWATHE

TIME: 2.00PM - 6.00PM

DATE: 17TH JULY (POYA)

FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS AND SPECTATORS THERE WILL BE A FREE EMISSIONS TESTING ON THE SPOT AND ALSO INFORMATION GIVEN REGARDING THE PROCESS AND WHAT YOU WILL HAVE TO DO TO PASS THE TEST! THIS IS FREE AND WILL BE A GOOD WAY TO FIND OUT THE LEGALITY OF YOUR CAR!

THERE WILL ALSO BE A RECORDING OF THE EVENT THAT WILL BE CARRIED OUT BY MAX TV AND LATER GIVEN TO THE PARTICIPANTS AND ALSO RE-PRODUCED ON TV.

THE RULES ARE SIMPLE COME AND HAVE FUN BUT DONT MISBEHAVE. THAT INCLUDES NO DONUTS OR BURNOUTS OF ANY KIND AND NO SPEEDING AT THE VENUE INCLUDING THE DRIVEWAY TO THE MAIN CAR PARK.

THANKS ARE DUE TO THE AKBARALLY FAMILY FOR THEIR SUPPORT AND FOR PROMISING SOME OF THEIR CARS TO BE PRESENT.

FOOD AND DRINKS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE VENUE.

THIS EVENT IS SPONSORED BY DRIVE GREEN EMISSIONS TESTING LANKA

ALSO NOTE THAT DUE TO CONCERNS OF THE SPONSORS ONLY PARTICIPATING CARS WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE MAIN CAR PARK AREA AT NAWAM MAWATHA AT THE ORGANISERS DISCRETION.

PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY IF YOU WANT YOUR CAR DISPLAYED AND GIVEN PROMINENT PARKING.

PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE AROUND TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW WHO WILL ENJOY A PURE AUTOMOTIVE DAY!

CHEERS!

ANDREW

Edited by Andrew_GTR

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well dude im hoping its gonna be just supercars but we dont have the right or authority to turn down anyone...at the end of the day a true automotive lover doesnt need a 5 second car to call it his supercar....so lets see what happens... i forgot to mention in the 1st post that maxTv will be covering the event....

well dude im hoping its gonna be just supercars but we dont have the right or authority to turn down anyone...at the end of the day a true automotive lover doesnt need a 5 second car to call it his supercar....so lets see what happens... i forgot to mention in the 1st post that maxTv will be covering the event....

Can u remember the last time i met you at Nawam Mw some guys raving their cars and goin all over the place ? and some bikes too,

Well said sir!

Agree that the supercar event will attract car lovers so it must be open to all.

however maybe a seperate parking area for those who come to goggle and the supercars can be parked in a seperate area? good for security too.

I think guys on Al are super guys and speaking from my experience with the MFOC,(deffa not supercars:) I know that the event will be a smoothie.

cheers

Well said sir!

Agree that the supercar event will attract car lovers so it must be open to all.

however maybe a seperate parking area for those who come to goggle and the supercars can be parked in a seperate area? good for security too.

I think guys on Al are super guys and speaking from my experience with the MFOC,(deffa not supercars:) I know that the event will be a smoothie.

cheers

You missed the fun last time around?

Well, get a taste of it here. http://preveenr.fotopic.net/c653360.html

thanks Peri for the pics:) great stuff....

deffa coming if i can hire myself a "Super" car :) :) :) Or maybe get one of those superman "S" logo pasted on the bonnet of my toyota :lol:

btw http://preveenr.fotopic.net/p18845818.html looks like the same model "bumblebee" from the movie transformers.

Edited by Ripper

nice idea thankz andy for making this happen ... though we r not in SL to see the event ..:( .... any Dj's t there for music or ur just gona use ur boom box in the car ...

Yup missed it as I was out of the Island.

Probably miss this also as no Supercar..........

In the process of slowly cionvincing the spouse.......a bit difficult at the moment......

Hmmmmm that Nissan 300zx - Silver was for sale sometime back...but its gone ....now that is a nice ride......

or maybe Devinda will sell me his one.....on EZ pay scheme he he he .... :rolleyes:

For sure this time there will be more Super Cars, and Hope the new owner will bring the Monster Skyline, btw Dillon is the supra coming bro ?

Could you tell me a bit about this car please and whey its called the monster. Please do mind my curiosity

You guys talking about the R33 GTS-T with the turbo upgrade etc?

I think its out of action at the moment.

Can any one tell me how long this event will go on for? I dont think i can make it at 2

Thanks

Could you tell me a bit about this car please and whey its called the monster. Please do mind my curiosity

figure of speech mate....just like monster dog, monster bike etc etc...

there is no specific model of a skyline called the "monster"...

FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS AND SPECTATORS THERE WILL BE A FREE EMISSIONS TESTING ON THE SPOT AND ALSO INFORMATION GIVEN REGARDING THE PROCESS AND WHAT YOU WILL HAVE TO DO TO PASS THE TEST! THIS IS FREE AND WILL BE A GOOD WAY TO FIND OUT THE LEGALITY OF YOUR CAR!

Is this is the same Emission Test that we suppose to do (introduced by the Government) to renew the Car Licence?

Mine get expired in Augest this year and will this affect to renew my licence this time?

please advice.

You guys talking about the R33 GTS-T with the turbo upgrade etc?

I think its out of action at the moment.

Can any one tell me how long this event will go on for? I dont think i can make it at 2

Thanks

I don't mind bringing your S15 to the meet in your absence. :rolleyes:

One more thing MAX TV will be interviewing all the participating drivers about their cars for the Motor Show on the channel...they will also pick one car and driver on that day for a Road Drive, Moving shots and knowledge of the car...i shall keep u guys posted on that aspect...

CARS AND DRIVERS THAT ARE COMING DEFINETLY ARE KINDLY REQUESTED TO SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH THEIR NAMES, CAR TYPE AND NUMBER PLATE SO THAT I CAN GET THE PASSES FOR THE MAIN AREA. MY EMAIL IS :

andrew_ka7007 'at' yahoo.com

Thanks guys!