• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Abandoned Cars ?

ferrarif50

Yeah look like it had caught fire... wonder how the front tyre survived though.

By the way, there's a car graveyard sort of place on the Hokandara - Kottawa road and I saw some oldies rotted away. Has anyone else spotted the place? Will try to snap a photo or two. It's inside a land and it looks like it's occupied by a bunch of people, so I was not too comfortable about stepping inside.

]

Yup, thats bertie's place. Bertie is the name of the guy who owns the house and land. He's a bit of an eccentric type and fancies himself as a car collector hence the cars dotted all over.

]

Yup, thats bertie's place. Bertie is the name of the guy who owns the house and land. He's a bit of an eccentric type and fancies himself as a car collector hence the cars dotted all over.

Ah I see... That makes sense. I was wondering who would collect such an amount of cars and let them corrode to death like that. Passing the place every morning on the way to work is kinda heartbreaking. :(

Passed this badly corroded car that kinda looks like a Clubman on the PitaKotte road. Someone had left a pair of shoes on the roof the second time we passed. Anyone know the details? Thought it might interest someone to rescue that.

Passed this badly corroded car that kinda looks like a Clubman on the PitaKotte road. Someone had left a pair of shoes on the roof the second time we passed. Anyone know the details? Thought it might interest someone to rescue that.

I heard the shoes were owned by a V*P from the 80s. But due to deep scuff in the leather he stopped using it and put them aside. If you have a good leather repair kit you should be able to rescue it. I hope it's your size! Go try it on and see if it fits first....

All the very best to you!

PS: Hope to see a restoration thread on this classic pair of footwear.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

This has been gathering dust at mech's for a while now. According to him, it can be started. Also the body and the interior are in good condition too

vz3sCBH.jpg

vz3sCBH.jpg

c6IV9Hx.jpg

It has a red leather interior, tiptronic gear box and a sophisticated looking rear diff too.. (sorry the image is a bit blurry)

4aoDOQB.jpg

This has been gathering dust at mech's for a while now. According to him, it can be started. Also the body and the interior are in good condition too

vz3sCBH.jpg

vz3sCBH.jpg

c6IV9Hx.jpg

It has a red leather interior, tiptronic gear box and a sophisticated looking rear diff too.. (sorry the image is a bit blurry)

4aoDOQB.jpg

Rear Diff? On a front wheel drive car?

Having said that, if the last pic is one of the rear end I do see what looks like CV joints... Confusing, was there ever an AWD prelude? Quick net search says no such thing ever existed... Is the underside pic of the rear or the front?

Edited by Supra_Natural

Wikipedia says there's something called Active Torque Transfer System (ATTS) in Type-S Preludes. This ATTS thingy look like Hondaspeak for a differential.

True, but wasn't the ATTS only for the front wheels?

It's the rear, that's why I took the pic.

Could not hold the phone still to get the pic clearly. It was clearly a diff and there were 2 half shafts from it and it had an electrical connection to it too (that's why I said sophisticated looking :) ). If you look closer you can see the inner rubber boot on the right side. The bent pipe on the right is the exhaust.

Thats not AWD..its the 4 wheel steering,much like the HICAS system on the Fairladys...is the car for sale btw?

xu62ZaA.jpg

I was about to say the same.

But this could be a AWD conversion as well.

Btw anyone noticed the tyres on the car?

Any idea on the registration series?

It wasn't exactly abandoned but was just kept there like that for a few months now and nothing is done on it.

The owner of the place wasn't very enthusiastic about sharing the info of the car, but I'll dig deeper the next time I visit him.

• 2 months later...

Today morning I captured below photos while I was passing Wellampitiya, Sedawatta.

Seems they are not abandoned cars but a huge collection of rust buckets. (Around 50 cars I guess). Most of them are Morris Minors. Seems someone collect them and sale for spares.

MD, you may be knowing this place, I guess.

Similar yard I saw years ago at Negambo , but can’t remember the exact place.

l77p.jpg

pnag.jpg

3797.jpg

Peugeots + 1 Old Lancer (A70 series)

y9z6.jpg

Not much clear . An old car similar to MDs one (Don't know the brand)

eycx.jpg

Few Scooters as well.

fxc9.jpg

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

That yard belongs to the owner of Kurruppu Motors at Panchikawatte...

That's an Austin 7....What do you mean looks like my car?...You mean the MG T-Types?...Apples and oranges mate.A7s are dime a dozen...

Thanks Don.

I just pass the place. Based on the shape I mentioned about A7. Sorry for the inconvenience. I don't know much about old cars other than Morris Minors. :)

• 3 weeks later...