• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Abandoned Cars ?

ferrarif50

• 2 months later...
Uncle Bri's or Gangarama temple perhaps?

yep...it's at the temple!

was there for a very good friends wedding recently and came across these lovely ladies!

There were few more nice cars but with the rains coming down i hardly had usable light...the pics were shot at IS0 6400!

Mr. Ponnambalam's garage too has some nice stuff but those would be nicely restored and properly looked after!

I had the pleasure of visiting his house when we were doing a shoot for a client and wanted a nice classic car. He looks after his cars quite well :)

can't say the same for the temple cars though!

The Z was in pitiful condition though it's with zero mods and with all original parts!

interior has got dirty...or rather filthy but if one can get their hands on this...it should be quite an easy restore!

according to some car mags...the 240Z was voted as the second best sports car in the 70's. truly a legend :(

These are not Gangarama Temple cars,

these belongs to Dias's of Somerwilles.

Some cars are ex temple owned,

some of these are still repaired / maintained at the temple garage.

Members,

Mr. CI Goonasekara at Dickmons road had some old Cars.

Wijesinghe.

Members,

Mr. CI Goonasekara at Dickmons road had some old Cars.

Wijesinghe.

the ex cricketer ne?...i think our mg tf belonged to that gentleman at one time or another...anyways my father tells me he had some facinating cars including some jags...any idea if they are they still there or were they all sold ? :unsure:

Edited by MasterDon

One question: why? Why do people let these cars rot, and then NOT want to sell them? (Not the temple, I know their story, but the private owners?)

And ripper, how old do you think those "A" series number plate bikes are? :)

the ex cricketer ne?...i think our mg tf belonged to that gentleman at one time or another...anyways my father tells me he had some facinating cars including some jags...any idea if they are they still there or were they all sold ? :unsure:

Master Don,

CI Goon... Ex M/s, Walker sons Agents for Austin Cars If I remember was our Caption of Srilanka Cricket teem in 1960 He was married to one Miss Fernando she passed away last year they have one son in UK.

Will check how many cars he has now.

Mr. ######## Weerasinghe has one American car still not completed.

One Muslim Gentlemen Mr. Madi at Deal place Kollupitiya has another American car in very bad condition (corroded body) originally owned by his farther he wants to sell same but no figure wants us to quote. if any one is interested can give his contact number.

I have seen lot of Austin 30 1950/1960 model cars rotting around Colombo.

Wijesinghe.

One question: why? Why do people let these cars rot, and then NOT want to sell them? (Not the temple, I know their story, but the private owners?)

hehehe.

I think I can answer this. The plain reason is cos the owners love them just as much as the people who want to buy them. Unlike say a new S class or a fancy modern car which could be bought at any time (if you have the money), these cars cannot... They just dont want to make a regretable dicision.

And ripper, how old do you think those "A" series number plate bikes are? :)

that plate bike looks like an Indian...very rare bike in SL afaik! you'd hardly see them in motorshows and almost never on the roads...

MiniAce has got a friend who owns what looks to be a lovely Indian...

Too bad in a few more years the temple bike would be gone for good judging by the state it is today :( truly sad :(

As for the cars...i don't think their owners are pressed for money and don't really see the need to part with them

being car lovers i bet they rather see it die in their hands than to see it with someone else.

If everybody thought like that...it would be very tough to preserve these great cars for the future generations...

What are the models of american cars you speak about?

Master Don,

CI Goon... Ex M/s, Walker sons Agents for Austin Cars If I remember was our Caption of Srilanka Cricket teem in 1960 He was married to one Miss Fernando she passed away last year they have one son in UK.

Will check how many cars he has now.

Mr. ######## Weerasinghe has one American car still not completed.

One Muslim Gentlemen Mr. Madi at Deal place Kollupitiya has another American car in very bad condition (corroded body) originally owned by his farther he wants to sell same but no figure wants us to quote. if any one is interested can give his contact number.

I have seen lot of Austin 30 1950/1960 model cars rotting around Colombo.

Wijesinghe.

No. No advertising on the forum, in case you forgot.

hehehe.

I think I can answer this. The plain reason is cos the owners love them just as much as the people who want to buy them. Unlike say a new S class or a fancy modern car which could be bought at any time (if you have the money), these cars cannot... They just dont want to make a regretable dicision.

But then why let it rust to the ground or to a state beyond any hope of repair? I can't believe someone who loves the car will let this happen :/

But then why let it rust to the ground or to a state beyond any hope of repair? I can't believe someone who loves the car will let this happen :/

it could be that the person doesnt have the time or money to spend on it at the moment... ir maybe no good mechanic/workman to fix it up.. i know a person who has a bunch of cars but only one good tincker/painter, hence slow progress. And another person who just cant find the time right now to fix his car up, but really wants to as soon as he has the time. Different people have different lifestyles/financial-means etc etc. Its not that they dont love the car, just that right now it might not be the priority in life.

I seriously duobt someone who gets one with the hope of fixing it up will ever let it rot away comepltely.

wow dilesh you said exactly what i wanted to say and more..

seanD it's not a choice these guys make to let these cars rot...sometimes it just comes down to their financial capability... and to see someone else drive away in them is like seeing your girlfriend with another bloke...

hence this happens...this car was actually drivable when bought,but 25 years of negect will do this to any car

41ec0a9135f38e3a6130fb26b5510edd.jpg By ImageHousing.com

Edited by MasterDon