• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

First Tuneup @ Agents

Rastima

Hi Friends,

I'm thinking of taking my B15 in to Agents (A*W) for a complete TuneUp and do other regular checkups and repairs. But, couple of experience/comments posted makes me little nerves to bring it there. :unsure:

I would really appreciate if you comment on this matter. Its nothing wrong with my mechanic, but he always does manual ECU reset etc, this time I want to get connected to the Consult scanner and get all the settings reset and do a tune up from agents.

This thing burning in my head, :fuma7: Can agents (A*W) do a better job on tuning my car and improve its consumption? :mellow:

Hi Friends,

I'm thinking of taking my B15 in to Agents (A*W) for a complete TuneUp and do other regular checkups and repairs. But, couple of experience/comments posted makes me little nerves to bring it there. :unsure:

I would really appreciate if you comment on this matter. Its nothing wrong with my mechanic, but he always does manual ECU reset etc, this time I want to get connected to the Consult scanner and get all the settings reset and do a tune up from agents.

This thing burning in my head, :fuma7: Can agents (A*W) do a better job on tuning my car and improve its consumption? :mellow:

well one thing is for sure it will cost u way more....

but there is always a first... go and see if there is a major differnce.. i cant give u an exact opinion as i dont own a nissan..

well one thing is for sure it will cost u way more....

but there is always a first... go and see if there is a major differnce.. i cant give u an exact opinion as i dont own a nissan..

How about getting other repairs done by the mechanic and only the tune up done by the Agents?

At the moment, i really need to improve my fuel consumption. :unsure:

How about getting other repairs done by the mechanic and only the tune up done by the Agents?

Its not about whether you do it from the "gedara langa garage eka" or "hi fi agent"! Its about doing it from a person who has the required tools and equipment together with expertise coupled with experience!

Make sure the people you go to have equipment. Eg:-emission, O2, Diagnostic sensors etc and of course the price. Inquire prior to proceeding

:)

Its not about whether you do it from the "gedara langa garage eka" or "hi fi agent"! Its about doing it from a person who has the required tools and equipment together with expertise coupled with experience!

Make sure the people you go to have equipment. Eg:-emission, O2, Diagnostic sensors etc and of course the price. Inquire prior to proceeding

:)

I understand what u mean..... Thanks machan.!!

but, I have a doubt since the agents has the Consult tool and the other suff, they could help me to improve my fuel consumption by doing a tuneup (cleaning injectors, replace filters, Plugs and reset the ECU)

Would like to know if there are any satisfied customers and advices from them before i go.

I understand what u mean..... Thanks machan.!!

but, I have a doubt since the agents has the Consult tool and the other suff, they could help me to improve my fuel consumption by doing a tuneup (cleaning injectors, replace filters, Plugs and reset the ECU)

Would like to know if there are any satisfied customers and advices from them before i go.

A*W pricing is very reasonable , especially when it comes to genuine Nissan OEM replacement components

Having a diagnostics and tune up done using the "Consult" cost me under Rs. 2,500 the last time i had it done

A*W has a good crew and i've found their work to be most satisfactory

Try and go early if your planning on going on a weekday to Union Place as the place gets very busy during the day, or else try taking it on a Saturday

Well. These days I do little experiment to improve fuel economy. If it is successful I will tell u.

Edited by Nilantha

Well. These days I do little experiment to improve fuel economy. If it is successful I will tell u.

Hi all,

I am having FB15 1.3 and thinking about the fuel economy too.

First I thought about appling a Nano system but i drop the idea and thinking about engine tuning.

Dehiwala place told that they do tuning for 5,500/= excluding plugs price.(Plugs will change for 1800/= if it necessory)

Are these prices are reasonable? How much will I cost if I do it from Agents.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to correct some of the misinformation on this post.

A consult check at the agents will only cost you just over one thousand rupees.. This is not charged if any repairs are needed and it is done there.

2500 charge is not for a consult session but a full vehicle check up.

Hi all,

I am having FB15 1.3 and thinking about the fuel economy too.

First I thought about appling a Nano system but i drop the idea and thinking about engine tuning.

Dehiwala place told that they do tuning for 5,500/= excluding plugs price.(Plugs will change for 1800/= if it necessory)

Are these prices are reasonable? How much will I cost if I do it from Agents.

There's not much to 'tune' in a modern EFI car

you can do most of it yourself (replace filters, clean MAF, plugs)

the biggest thing you can do is change the wayyou drive - drive more efficiently

of course, this is the thing people here find hardest to do ;

• 2 months later...
Hi Friends,

Hi Bro,

I went to A*W for the exact reason to improve fuel efficiancy and do a tune up. I own 1999 fb15. This was 2 weeks back. It was my first time to A*W. I told that I need to make improve my fuel efficiecy by doing the tune up. They plug the monitoring system to my car and monitored the engine and they told that the engine is doing maximum and running on full fuel effiency that the engine is capabale of. So they told that doing the tune up won't make it any good.(mind that I already had done the tune up from my own bas.(its just that i need to tune up by agents to make it perfect). So I think they do just what your car need to do and felt good customer care. When I asked they told that full tune up will cost around 7500/. But anyway having a inspection of your car from them is my advice.

I did a tuneup for a march 12 and cost me around 25k,

replaced plugs(platinum), a full service with VISCO oil with BR attitude oil.

after that car moves very smoothly and can feel the difference.

Price is very reasonable at the agents and their work is excellent i must say.

• 2 months later...

All i have to say is that i own a couple of nissans and yes i do take the skyline to them for everything from a regular service to anything extra...and i find them to be the extremely efficient and well aware of our cars.... 100% thumbs up to A*W....

All i have to say is that i own a couple of nissans and yes i do take the skyline to them for everything from a regular service to anything extra...and i find them to be the extremely efficient and well aware of our cars.... 100% thumbs up to A*W....

Did I ever tell you about the time I went there looking for brakepads, and they tried to send me to the Yamaha section coz they though "VZR" was a bike? :D Tho to be fair, those were the office dudes, not the technicians, the technicians are really good :)

same here - another happy customer

i dunno how they do it, but they somehow or the other troll through thier inventory and manage to find stuff - last time it was a pack of obscure rubber bushes!

but i think we're at slight advantage machan - they enjoy working on these ; a definite change from their daily grind ;)

same here - another happy customer

i dunno how they do it, but they somehow or the other troll through thier inventory and manage to find stuff - last time it was a pack of obscure rubber bushes!

but i think we're at slight advantage machan - they enjoy working on these ; a definite change from their daily grind ;)

They still couldn't find my brakepads :( Don't suppose you have some johnny in there?

There's not much to 'tune' in a modern EFI car

you can do most of it yourself (replace filters, clean MAF, plugs)

the biggest thing you can do is change the wayyou drive - drive more efficiently

of course, this is the thing people here find hardest to do ;

exactly. There's nothing to be gained by reflashing a computer cos it'll be the same tune. The only thing you can do is make sure all your sensors and plugs/filters/oil/etc are in good condition and you'll be good to go with some good driving habits.

They still couldn't find my brakepads :( Don't suppose you have some johnny in there?

i'll be more than happy to ask them again - i'm due to head that way in about a weeks time ,will check then - FN15 is the model code ya?

text me the details after wednesday and i'll see if i they can dig it up

If you want, some ceramic pads are for sale... with some 11' Brembo rotors, etc... (Lucino Fixtures) will give you the contact if ur Interested...

i'll be more than happy to ask them again - i'm due to head that way in about a weeks time ,will check then - FN15 is the model code ya?

text me the details after wednesday and i'll see if i they can dig it up

JN15, and all the N15s they deal with have rear drums and smaller disks in front.

Hey, MRM, you ever have to get pads?