• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

First Tuneup @ Agents

Rastima

• 3 weeks later...
exactly. There's nothing to be gained by reflashing a computer cos it'll be the same tune. The only thing you can do is make sure all your sensors and plugs/filters/oil/etc are in good condition and you'll be good to go with some good driving habits.

it is not only the re-flashing. The tuneup includes cleaning of throttle body, air flow sensor and applying a fresh rubber seal. Believe me, it does make a difference. I do a tuneup every 25K or so, simply because it smoothen the engine and gives better pulling power with letter 'juice' burning.

Edited by isam

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

I am having FB15 1.3 and thinking about the fuel economy too.

First I thought about appling a Nano system but i drop the idea and thinking about engine tuning.

Dehiwala place told that they do tuning for 5,500/= excluding plugs price.(Plugs will change for 1800/= if it necessory)

Are these prices are reasonable? How much will I cost if I do it from Agents.

Nissan uses NGK plugs(most times), agent have NIssan plugs only different is box is nissan inside the box plug is NGK. Original NGK plug cost will be 300 rupee. but nissan will ask you 550 rupee. just tcheck the pulg model

what is your plug model if its BKR5E2 then eack cost you 300 if its platinum plug will be expensive and i dont have the price with me some body told em it cost 3000.

I did my car - FB13 with carb 3 years ago and it cost me 4000 with all plugs and filter. best way ask the price without plug i think it will cost you less than 4000 cox EFI is siple than carb

Sira

• 1 month later...
Nissan uses NGK plugs(most times), agent have NIssan plugs only different is box is nissan inside the box plug is NGK. Original NGK plug cost will be 300 rupee. but nissan will ask you 550 rupee. just tcheck the pulg model

what is your plug model if its BKR5E2 then eack cost you 300 if its platinum plug will be expensive and i dont have the price with me some body told em it cost 3000.

I did my car - FB13 with carb 3 years ago and it cost me 4000 with all plugs and filter. best way ask the price without plug i think it will cost you less than 4000 cox EFI is siple than carb

Sira

I changed my plugs with Platinum as soon as I bought my FB15 on May 2006 at D*MO and it cost me Rs1795 each. After that I did tune up at A*W twice and when they check the plugs they said those are Platinum and can drive 100k with them. So I didn't change the plugs yet and the car has done 50k with these plugs and fine. Thinking of changing after 75k as don't want to run 100k with them.

What do you guys prefer:

1) Doing 100k with Platinum plugs?

or

2) Frequent change with copper plugs?

Which is better?

I changed my plugs with Platinum as soon as I bought my FB15 on May 2006 at D*MO and it cost me Rs1795 each. After that I did tune up at A*W twice and when they check the plugs they said those are Platinum and can drive 100k with them. So I didn't change the plugs yet and the car has done 50k with these plugs and fine. Thinking of changing after 75k as don't want to run 100k with them.

What do you guys prefer:

1) Doing 100k with Platinum plugs?

or

2) Frequent change with copper plugs?

Which is better?

Even i switched to Iridium.. (which can last 100K) guess it's economical on running on Iridium. but you better checked the plugs at least after 25,000 Kms just to be on safe side. :rolleyes:

Even i switched to Iridium.. (which can last 100K) guess it's economical on running on Iridium. but you better checked the plugs at least after 25,000 Kms just to be on safe side. :rolleyes:

How much an iridium plug cost machan?

And what is the change interval for copper set?

• 5 years later...
I checked with A*W. They said it cost about 15,000 for Engine Tune up. Not 2,500!

1. You are quoting figures from a post made in 2008

2. The figure 2500 is given for a full vehicle inspection and not a tune-up.