• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lock Timer For K11 Yom 2000

Anjo

Question

Hi Guys,

I bought a Nissan March K11 (YoM 2000) and the previous owner has had the Central Locking Disabled by removing the lock timer and a few wires. He handed me a lock timer and said to go visit this electrician ( S*man@Ka**bowila) and said he will fix it and restore CL.

However when I did go visit the guy, he checked for a while and handed it back saying it's the wrong type for the car. He said the lock timer of my one should have around 10 wires coming out where as the one I had has only 5. I checked at J**an L*nka but couldn't find one matching his criteria.

Question(s) :rolleyes:

Does any of you who own a K11 had their lock timer replaced? if so any particular place where I can get it done (I have doubts about this guy's claims)?:unsure:

A*W said they have to get it down via special order and said it would cost around 14k! and that does not include installation!!:angry:

11 answers to this question

If the problem is only the central locking, go to SUN LANKA and fix a new system with security alarms and will not cost you much. :)

But the problem is that along with the CL, some other functions are also missing, namely

Door open indicator

Cabin light

As per http://www.micra.org.uk/ the factory fitted CL has some cool features such as automatic door locking when the vehicle starts moving, etc

Thus, I prefer to have the factory fitted CL

C'mon now guys, am I the only guy on AUtolanka with a K11? :jumping-smiley-013:

Of course not! :D But you are the only one with the sort of problem, which makes the case unique, better to check with Agents about the default CL and then go to Autolanka I think.

Automatic door locking function comes with most security systems

guys...if i'm not mistaken most security systems expects the car to "tell" them whether doors are opened or closed...there's a little sensor in the doors and this is couple to the dash "door open" indicator bulbs... I think most of those wiring was removed in Anjo's car so it needs to be re-rigged.

Just hooking up a security system won't solve the issue IMO

But what sunlanka or anybody else like that offering similar product lineups should be able fix this issue and normally those guys can sort out hard to find parts as well :)

Why not take the ride to a normal electrical joint who deals with central locking stuff and get their feedback... Even checking with SunLanka or anybody similar should be ok i think... you've got nothing to loose :)

Update:

Found a friend of friend working @ A*W. When told about the issue, he said to bring it around on a weekend to have a look at it. Said most probably it's a simple fix.

Will keep this thread updated.

Thanks 4 ur replies guys!

P.S.

Know a place where I can buy a fusebox cover? coz that was missing too :blush:

Guys, thought of adding a bit more info on my issue,

This is the lock timer that was supposedly removed from my car.

The Label

dscf3637.th.jpg

The Wires

dscf3638.th.jpg

dscf3639.th.jpg

Can another K11 owner with factory fitted CL confirm if this is the correct lock timer for my car (Model Number on label says 28451 89900)?

Also, I found these two connectors with cut wires that were just left to hang underneath the dash on the driver's side.

Connector 1

dscf3641.th.jpg

dscf3642.th.jpg

Connector 2

dscf3643.th.jpg

What were they connected to?

And what's the function of this Yellow w/ red stripe wire shown here? it comes from the driver side door....

dscf3644.th.jpg

Any help much appreciated, and if anyone has the wiring diagram for the K11, PLEASE send me

Thanks in Advance

P.S.

As you can see from the pics, my fusebox cover is 404. What are the chances of finding one from Delkanda?

Edited by Anjo

As you can see from the pics, my fusebox cover is 404. What are the chances of finding one from Delkanda?

Try the NIN at Wijerama Junction

Hi Guys,

I bought a Nissan March K11 (YoM 2000) and the previous owner has had the Central Locking Disabled by removing the lock timer and a few wires. He handed me a lock timer and said to go visit this electrician ( S*man@Ka**bowila) and said he will fix it and restore CL.

However when I did go visit the guy, he checked for a while and handed it back saying it's the wrong type for the car. He said the lock timer of my one should have around 10 wires coming out where as the one I had has only 5. I checked at J**an L*nka but couldn't find one matching his criteria.

Question(s) :rolleyes:

Does any of you who own a K11 had their lock timer replaced? if so any particular place where I can get it done (I have doubts about this guy's claims)?:unsure:

A*W said they have to get it down via special order and said it would cost around 14k! and that does not include installation!!:angry:

well to begin with your car is the K11 model ya?, and does the car have a security sys stock or retro? since the central lock mechanisam can be sorted out give me your input