• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Security System Of A Car

Kasuncp

Question

Guys,

I Have a small question. I Have only One Remote in my car security system. If it got upset (Remote) can i replace it with a new one, or do i have to go for a new security system. is their a place i can get a duplicate remote of my security system?

Regards,

Kasun

Edited by Kasuncp

12 answers to this question

Well..it depends on the brand too, but try calling S*n L*nka, they are providing remote-copy/duplicate services, they actually match the car security systems freq. to the newer remotes and give, try them, let us know too.

Is it original remote that came with the car? or locally fitted one? If it is locaaly installed the supplier should be abled to give you a second remote. If it is original , local agents will help you.

Guys,

I Have a small question. I Have only One Remote in my car security system. If it got upset (Remote) can i replace it with a new one, or do i have to go for a new security system. is their a place i can get a duplicate remote of my security system?

Regards,

Kasun

Generally all new remote systems come with a spare remote, and if you buy from Sxx Lxxxx definitely you will get 2. I got my 2nd system installed from them.

You can get a second programmed.

I gave a call to S*n L*nka. They said cant do like that. In my Remote, It says "Wheels" is it a localy fixed one or an original. because i baught the car from a sale (Used in SL)

Regards,

Kasun

In my view, this wheels brand name seems not to be a famous brand name in sri lanka. Most probably this can be a security system someone has bought from Singapore or somewhere abroad and fitted to your car. Yeah!! Regardless of what ever brand the security system is, all those come with two remotes. So most probably the previous owner might have lost one of the remotes.

Bro, dont get scared by what I say. As you told you got only one remote when you got the car from the sale, dont you think there is some kinda risk around for your car if the "so called lost remote" as you assumed, is with someone else. Logically, if the other duplicate remote of what you have is with someone else other than you, he can unlock your car when it is parked by you somewhere (But this is by chance as he might not know where you are). In Sri Lanka, car hi jacking scenes are not rare so better to be safe isnt it. When you bought the car, if you had both remotes and lost one by yourself then it is somewhat ok. But since you got only one remote with your car, its upto you to think a bit. ....................

Sorry bro, I dont need to mess up you. I just pointed a danger/ risk involved with your case.

So if your car is an expensive one then dont you think its worthwhile to remove this existing security and go for a new system. These days, security systems are not that expensive. You can even find one for 7000 rupees with shock sensors and stuff.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

well car maniac does raise an interesting point.

With regard to the previous point, I have some experience with a company which installs security systems (Sing*r). They sourced a large number of "blank remotes" which could be programmed to any (of the available) systems. I'm sure if you ask around you will be able to find a blank remote. But you will have to find someone who knows how to program it as well.

I gave a call to S*n L*nka. They said cant do like that. In my Remote, It says "Wheels" is it a localy fixed one or an original. because i baught the car from a sale (Used in SL)

Regards,

Kasun

Kasun,

I had the same system whe I bought my car.. if I'm correct, the remote has two Grey buttons, one small, and the other bit larger, with the word "WHEELS" engraved on the back. If it is the same...

Then u can have an extra one programmed.. I got it done. it's a Do-it-your-self thing.. I watched it been done.

Let me know, I'll direct you to the place, it's on the Piliyandala road.

QUOTE(Kasuncp @ Jun 24 2008, 02:44 PM)

Regards,

Kasun

Kasun,

I had the same system whe I bought my car.. if I'm correct, the remote has two Grey buttons, one small, and the other bit larger, with the word "WHEELS" engraved on the back. If it is the same...

Then u can have an extra one programmed.. I got it done. it's a Do-it-your-self thing.. I watched it been done.

Let me know, I'll direct you to the place, it's on the Piliyandala road.

Hi Bugatti

Need some advice on this if possible. I know its a long shot as your original post being 3 years old. But here you go,,

I also have the same type of a remote and only difference mine is having over yours is a third button on the side where the "Wheels" engraving is placed. Following are the issues i'm currently dealing with this system.

1. All 3 buttons does the same function (Locking & Unlocking). Now the 3rd button is not functioning also. Are there any other option which i could activate using these buttons?

2. Earlier when i lock/unlock the car, usual indicator sound came, but now its not there. Any reason for that??? Also i think that the whole alarm is not functioning. Cuz even if i left the door half closed when locking, the alarm doenst sound. If that is the case can it be fixed??

3. Finally when i lock/unlock the car, the tention of the process is so high, it makes a huge "thud" like sound as if someone hit the car from behind. Any possibility to fix this??

:) Well i know its quite a questioneer... :). I tried to find local agents for this brand but all efforts failed. Would highly appreciate if you could recall any information regarding the captioned subject.

Many Thanks