• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Permit

thusithasam

okey, thought of sharing some info about this..as i have now already imported a vehicle under this permit, one of my brothers are actually in japan, but we used him only to get the permit, car was chosen, taken from auction and sent down to SL, all were done by a dad's close friends car sale (which is in front of CR&FC grounds)

its a 2002 Allion, it was bit expensiver from japan it self, as for its color(Black), original wheels, and the HDD-TV setup it had, below are the costs that what we had to pay:

Supplier: 13.40

Import & Export department:

Initially: 32000/-

Debiting the Permit: 52,000/- (it was a penalty charge, but dunno why was it, wasnt interested to look in to that, just wanted to

clear the car out soooooooooner, so just paid it off)

TAX: 17.20 (believe me, for the alloys they've taxed 75K, damn!! if i knew that earlier :()

Clearing Agents: 30K

Final Cost: almost 32 lakhs

it was some great hassle getting the TIN's, VAT's and the TAX clearence's and all that..but then, i wont complain..its a superb car with low milage, of course u can buy such a car for around 36-37 but then(as i think), at least we have saved 5 lakhs from this, and thats a quite lot for us ;)

if anybody needs any clarification, i would love to help :) and BTW now they have changed the no. of years old, and now u can import a car which is 10 years older..

Thanks for this post Kim ! It was very useful information.

May I ask what scheme did you bring the car under and if you have a link to a government publication on the relevant scheme. If the no of years has been extended there is a certain car I would dearly like to send back :)

What type of permit is this?

this permit comes with transferable restrictions?

its a blue permit / Gift Permit

yup, there is a transferable restriction, u cannot transfer till 3 years from the first registration, hmmmmm..we are anyways using a car for 2 years, THIS, will c by the end of 2 years ;)

Thanks for this post Kim ! It was very useful information.

May I ask what scheme did you bring the car under and if you have a link to a government publication on the relevant scheme. If the no of years has been extended there is a certain car I would dearly like to send back :)

hey don boy, as to what permit is this is posted in the earlier reply to nemash

link? i have a scanned copy of the leaflet, i will upload it here once i get back home, yeh, its 10 years now, actually at first we were trying to get down a year:2000 TX, diesel, Manual Prado, but the tax it self came up to 47 lakhs, and the CIF was only 11 (yeh i knw we have paid 13.40 for the car which is 2002, and petrol, but then, i remember right, the amount for the jeep (CIF) came up to 11) so the final costs would have been 60 lakhs around may be even greater calculated if it had options..(we just don't have such money :P)

hope u had seen ma new babe on FB, u have rite? haven't ya? (btw, some gud time back u mailed me asking something, and i replyed u, but i didnt get a re-reply for that, hmmmmmmmm don! did u miss my mail? :rolleyes: )

Note: i had to go through the whole process, so i know what, and how exactly, pls do not hesitate to ask for any help, anyone..

Edited by Kim

its a blue permit / Gift Permit

yup, there is a transferable restriction, u cannot transfer till 3 years from the first registration, hmmmmm..we are anyways using a car for 2 years, THIS, will c by the end of 2 years ;)

I thought its 5 years. anyway thanks for the info kim,

i was hoping to get one down from UK last year.. cuz of the long process i gave up and ended up with buying an allion.

I thought its 5 years. anyway thanks for the info kim,

i was hoping to get one down from UK last year.. cuz of the long process i gave up and ended up with buying an allion.

in my case - i just didn't want to waste it ;) and then, you don't have to prove how that CIF sum was paid either :rolleyes:

ahaa..u have a allion, tell us more info, whats the fuel u pump? :P hows it doing in colombo?

in my case - i just didn't want to waste it ;) and then, you don't have to prove how that CIF sum was paid either :rolleyes:

ahaa..u have a allion, tell us more info, whats the fuel u pump? :P hows it doing in colombo?

hmmm, car is not bad, i ve got sports grill, xenons(factory fitted i guess), 16" lp which differs from a standard allion.

did over 170 on hambanthota road recently.

can do more than 650 km with full tank of fuel.

hmmm, car is not bad, i ve got sports grill, xenons(factory fitted i guess), 16" lp which differs from a standard allion.

did over 170 on hambanthota road recently.

can do more than 650 km with full tank of fuel.

thats great, must be nice - post some photos if you can.. whats the fuel u pump? and can u get 650KM in city limits? (I'm yet to experience it)

hey don boy, as to what permit is this is posted in the earlier reply to nemash

link? i have a scanned copy of the leaflet, i will upload it here once i get back home, yeh, its 10 years now, actually at first we were trying to get down a year:2000 TX, diesel, Manual Prado, but the tax it self came up to 47 lakhs, and the CIF was only 11 (yeh i knw we have paid 13.40 for the car which is 2002, and petrol, but then, i remember right, the amount for the jeep (CIF) came up to 11) so the final costs would have been 60 lakhs around may be even greater calculated if it had options..(we just don't have such money :P)

hope u had seen ma new babe on FB, u have rite? haven't ya? (btw, some gud time back u mailed me asking something, and i replyed u, but i didnt get a re-reply for that, hmmmmmmmm don! did u miss my mail? :rolleyes: )

Note: i had to go through the whole process, so i know what, and how exactly, pls do not hesitate to ask for any help, anyone..

Sorry Kim, I sometimes skim read Emails and miss out little bits of info. I read it again today, he he and it seems I did miss out something. But I wasn't too difficult to find now was I ? ;)

if you could scan and send me that leaflet I would be very grateful.

Thank your information Kim,

I like to import a Noha van from Japan under blue permet.It is SR40, Stereo / CDPlayer / CentralLocking / Airbag / PassengerSeatAirbag / ABS / AirConditionning ,full seat.Alloy wheel. According to yourr knowedge how much SL gov TAX for this van.At the moment I am working in aboard.This vehicle cast 7000$(with shipping) from Japan.Please advised to me.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thank your information Kim,

I like to import a Noha van from Japan under blue permet.It is SR40, Stereo / CDPlayer / CentralLocking / Airbag / PassengerSeatAirbag / ABS / AirConditionning ,full seat.Alloy wheel. According to yourr knowedge how much SL gov TAX for this van.At the moment I am working in aboard.This vehicle cast 7000$(with shipping) from Japan.Please advised to me.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

according to my understanding of this permit scheme tax and the duty percentile remain the same. the advantage is you can import a vehicle that is up to 10 years old. older the vehicle more the depreciation of the vehicle value hence a lower tax/duty figure. so in order to get the best value for money bring one down close to that 10 year age group.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...