• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Amp Battary Suits Nissan Fb 14

cena07

Question

hi gys :rolleyes: my cousin's FB-14 got following issue , if any one can help it will be helpful

I have a car Nissan FB 14 . Current Battery Amperage is 35 Am. i replaced the battery abt one month back and I don't use car everyday. Use abt once a week. But start for 2, 3 minints in every other day. Now the battery is dead. I need to know what is the reason for that and 35Am battery is not sufficient ?? :(

7 answers to this question

hi gys :rolleyes: my cousin's FB-14 got following issue , if any one can help it will be helpful

I have a car Nissan FB 14 . Current Battery Amperage is 35 Am. i replaced the battery abt one month back and I don't use car everyday. Use abt once a week. But start for 2, 3 minints in every other day. Now the battery is dead. I need to know what is the reason for that and 35Am battery is not sufficient ?? :(

35Am battery is sufficient. Plz check your battery charging system. It has a problem.

well i think driving once a week and only 2-3mins run everyday is not enough to keep the battery. The started motor consumes quite a bit of juice while firing up and to recover that drain just 2-3 mins of running is not enough imho...Actually this even might be the reason for the battery to die in the first place...

And also like me, if you have additional electrical stuff like stereos, high wattage headlights etc... those also take away some extra juice from the battery and the car needs to be running to charge it back to shape...

On you charging system....If you have a multimeter or a voltmeter you can do a rough check on your charging system... In my car while it's running the battery voltage should hover around 14volts which is where it should be..

If you're not good with electrical stuff...take the car to a decent battery joint and get your charging system checked... Bad rectifier, regulator circuitry is also to blame at times for killing batteries

First of all machan, Why is he starting and running the car idle every other day..? I really dont think that is necessary specially with the petrol prices these days why waste even a small amount isn`t it..?? :) I mean if he is running it every weekend that is enough to keep the battery in good shape.. I use the car once a week sometimes but battery has never given problems because of that..

Like others has said, better to get it checked machan.. It wont take much time to check the charging system.. :)

I mean if he is running it every weekend that is enough to keep the battery in good shape.. I use the car once a week sometimes but battery has never given problems because of that..

Like others has said, better to get it checked machan.. It wont take much time to check the charging system.. :)

If the car is used once a week we don't need to start the car in between to charge the battery if the battery is in good condition. Some times I use the car once in 3 or 4 weeks and it starts. A good battery will definitely remain it's power for a week.

Well from Few weeks I also having Same kind of problem in my Fb14.. When I went to the battery Shop They say mY battery is Ok (Not Excellent) The Problem is with my Alternator (I have replaced my Alternator 2 months ago as I had problem with the one been there.. Actually they said I had B13 one) But now when I check my Alternator the Electrical guy said there is no problem... But today also Car suddenly Stopped & when I try to start it act like my Battery Gone Down.. My Bat is 40 AMP one.. Any one can guess what’s the problem.. & What the Best AMP for B14..

Well from Few weeks I also having Same kind of problem in my Fb14.. When I went to the battery Shop They say mY battery is Ok (Not Excellent) The Problem is with my Alternator (I have replaced my Alternator 2 months ago as I had problem with the one been there.. Actually they said I had B13 one) But now when I check my Alternator the Electrical guy said there is no problem... But today also Car suddenly Stopped & when I try to start it act like my Battery Gone Down.. My Bat is 40 AMP one.. Any one can guess what’s the problem.. & What the Best AMP for B14..

35 and over should be ok...i think stock is anyways 35... I also recently went upt0 45 cos the headlights and the stereo was eating a bit of juice from the charging system...

I've had a few bad experiences with small time battery joints cos those fellows don't really know much about the damn thing in the first place. Once they fried one of my good batteries by fast charging it at high amperage when a i specifically told them to slow charge...

So maybe there's a chance that your present battery is actually not in great health and the battery joint didn't diagnose it properly...

Checking the alternator/charging system is pretty easy if you know a bit of electrical stuff and know the factory output values of the unit but to properly diagnose your battery need to be in good health IMO...

I i were you i'd get the battery checked again from a good joint like the exide agents...