• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Injector Cleaner

wurth fuel system cleaner worked for me too. i had an issue starting the vehicle and a technician who looked into my matter suggested that it could be some blockage of sorts in the fuel pump and that wurth fuel system cleaner poured into the the fuel tank would work.

Spot on MadMMx, your 2 cents are correct. As I stated earlier the recommended way to clean injectors are ultrasonically & you will notice the difference straight away on boost & economy.As JD mentioned the old way of powering up the injector ''just works''. It just works to open & close the valve to let the cleaning agent out which does some cleaning. But the Ultrasonic wave does the job 100%. After all,you do want to spend your money for a complete job.Dont you? And how often will you be taking out your injectors apart?

Cheers,

Jerome

Hi Jerome,

I have checked the Wurth UK website and I note that they do not have an injector cleaner for Diesel. What would you suggest for Diesel injectors?

Regards

Ekendra

Hi Jerome,

I have checked the Wurth UK website and I note that they do not have an injector cleaner for Diesel. What would you suggest for Diesel injectors?

Regards

Ekendra

Hello Ekendra,

Thanks for the message.

As you may know there are loads of fuel injector cleaners & additives in the market today. Wurth, STP, Redex, 3M & ABRO to name a few in our market which has equal and or similar effects.

As you stated that you are looking for something extra what I can recommend is Forte Diesel Injector system cleaner. It’s around £15.00 & is available in UK.

As stated earlier in this thread Running a good fuel additive is your best bet to keep your injectors happy as long as they are not clogged-up. Also as a tip, is that if you are going on a somewhat extended drive (i.e., road trip), this is a great time to use a fuel injector cleaning additive. The constant flow of the injectors (since you are in somewhat of a cruising state) with the additive in there does a really great job of cleaning the fuel system.

Another is the Berryman's line of cleaners.

For petrol vehicles the BG 44K Power Enhancer should be used. It safely, rapidly and thoroughly removes engine deposits in combustion chambers, intake manifolds, ports and on valves. It restores flow in fuel injectors and cleans the entire fuel system.

Users have noticed an improvement in fuel economy and exhaust emissions. This is available in the US & UK if you can get your hands on one of them. Add one can or bottle to fuel tank at fill up. You can use this about every 20-25k miles

This additive is also Catalytic converter and oxygen sensor safe.

What you need exactly is BG244 for diesel engines which have equal effects. One advice by one of my mates is that you should not use this anywhere else other than the fuel tank itself.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Jerome

Machan,

I got my injectors cleaned at this place called ASNU Lanka. He's the guy who supplied the machine to DIM*'s and has the same setup at his place close to Maharagama. PM me for his phone no. Very decent job.

Cheers,

MadMMx

I can vouch for the ASNU place as well. I had the injectors in my old M52 cleaned by him and it was cracking afterwards. Same went for the Alfa engine and even Indika now uses him as he is impressed with the change in performance. I am going to remove the injectors of my new M52 as well one of these days an get the guy to clean them for me. Worth the hassle and the money spent. IN-Tank cleaners don't work e well.

• Like 1

Hello Ekendra,

Thanks for the message.

As you may know there are loads of fuel injector cleaners & additives in the market today. Wurth, STP, Redex, 3M & ABRO to name a few in our market which has equal and or similar effects.

As you stated that you are looking for something extra what I can recommend is Forte Diesel Injector system cleaner. Its around £15.00 & is available in UK.

As stated earlier in this thread Running a good fuel additive is your best bet to keep your injectors happy as long as they are not clogged-up. Also as a tip, is that if you are going on a somewhat extended drive (i.e., road trip), this is a great time to use a fuel injector cleaning additive. The constant flow of the injectors (since you are in somewhat of a cruising state) with the additive in there does a really great job of cleaning the fuel system.

Another is the Berryman's line of cleaners.

For petrol vehicles the BG 44K Power Enhancer should be used. It safely, rapidly and thoroughly removes engine deposits in combustion chambers, intake manifolds, ports and on valves. It restores flow in fuel injectors and cleans the entire fuel system.

Users have noticed an improvement in fuel economy and exhaust emissions. This is available in the US & UK if you can get your hands on one of them. Add one can or bottle to fuel tank at fill up. You can use this about every 20-25k miles

This additive is also Catalytic converter and oxygen sensor safe.

What you need exactly is BG244 for diesel engines which have equal effects. One advice by one of my mates is that you should not use this anywhere else other than the fuel tank itself.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Jerome

Hi Jerome,

I was talking to a guy who has considerable experience with 4X4 vehicles and he suggested that I use Auto Diesel fuel (Cetane of 48) with a regular treatment of Wurth Diesel Additive. He seems very confident that this combination would suffice. I have a 90 litre tank and he suggests that I fill up when the tank is half empty and add 100 ml of Wurth Diesel Additive each time I fill the tank with diesel. I presently use Super Diesel.

Would you like to comment?

Thank you - Ekendra

Edited by Ekendra Edrisinghe

I can vouch for the ASNU place as well. I had the injectors in my old M52 cleaned by him and it was cracking afterwards. Same went for the Alfa engine and even Indika now uses him as he is impressed with the change in performance. I am going to remove the injectors of my new M52 as well one of these days an get the guy to clean them for me. Worth the hassle and the money spent. IN-Tank cleaners don't work e well.

In tank cleaners help you to keep your injectors in good working order after you get your injectors cleaned by either manual/ultrasonic manner. Specially when you pump 90 octane. Advice from my tuning guy.

Well, I am going to stick to the notion of not putting anything but fuel in the tank. I pump a mixture of 90/95 depending on availability. the M52 can handle RON 91-98, so I am fine anywhere in Sri Lanka.

I am not sure how pumping 90 and the cleanliness of the injectors are related.

• 2 months later...

Could someone please post ASNU Lanka's contact details (or Harris's contact details if anyone knows. Sent him a PM but didn't get a response)?

Thanks in Adv

did you try googling for asnu lanka? they even have their own web page!

Removing injectors and cleaning them manually is totally unnecessary unless you haven't used your vehicle more than 2-3 months or it has clocked more than 150k.

I haven't seen a manufacturer who has recommended this kind of cleaning in there workshop manuals. Change fuel and air filters when necessary and don't let the fuel level go below 1/2 tank. This will keep the injectors in good condition.

If your mechanic has a very clean environment to clean the injectors allow him to do that. Otherwise you are letting in dust and meny other particles while removing carbon deposits at the out side of the injector.

Use "wurth" stuff. it's great.

Edited by Dinuk

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone. I tried to set shop in SL, but sadly it did not work out. To start, as it was out of Colombo there was not much exposure & finding dedicated technicians is like finding a needle in a haystack. Had 3 guys, who always had some sort of excuse to turn up for the 6days of the week.Its always some sort of excuse like the grandmother died or someone else. I am not trying to be insensitive. How many times can one grandmother pass away. Another ones wife was not working and staying at home. But for some reason he had to take time off everyday to pick the children & drop them off to school & would never turn up on time or take hours doing private work.

Considering many options I returned with my family back to UK. It was sad to leave such a beautiful country where every day is a summer's day unlike UK. I am getting back to what I was doing before which was Salvage, Recovery, Mechanics & European vehicle parts.

If anyone has any issues with European vehicles please contact me at [email protected] & I will be more than happy to help.

Best regards

Jerome

• 2 months later...

guys please bear me for my ignorance.one of my friends asked me to use soltron after pumping full tank.is soltron also sth like wurth or 3M which cleans the fuel system? he said it costs less than 200.please advice me.I get my car tuned by my mechanic.he takes off the injectors and clean then with WD40.will ANSU place do a better job??