• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Skyline Sedan...

fuzzo

Imangine reving 6 cylinders and three and a half liters in your hands with a stick shift!! Farzan!

Thats the thing with Nissan.. Vtec should be used for Economy not ONLY for performance.. thats where they get it wrong and honda and Toyota get it right..

so true machan nissan fails in the economy department...the ironic thing is sumhow the owners r ok wit the gas guzzling...i hear even the march is poor on fuel

the one i saw was also an auto. my dads planing on gettin down one. the one which his gettin down is also an auto. i guess, they manufacture only auto for the 4doors. i havent seen much 2doors in japan as well. never have come across one.

The VQ35DE seems to be pretty powerful engine 260hp! According to Global car.. Is that the same thing we get here rather than the VQ25??

http://www.globalcar.com/datasheet/Nissan/...line350GT-8.htm

no machan the VQ25DE is on the 250GT skylines we get here...i think its around 170 to 180bhp but not sure...the 350GT comes with a detuned 350Z VQ35DE...i dont think we get any here

We have 250GT and a 300 summin, dunno about the 350

havent seen any manual ones...doubt they wudve been importd considerin how much ppl luv autos here...the maxima/cefiro SE in the US comes with the VQ35DE and a 6spd manual tranny...only the SR series had variale valve timin n lift (VVL/VTEC :))...the best way to identify it is there should be a V after the 2-digit number on nissan VVL engines...SR20VE,SR16VE,SR20VET

age is catchin up machan

Not quite 100% 350Zs VQ35DE has some version of VVL. Think it was called CVVT*#$^@ (continuously variable summin summin sum shit. Cant remember)

Even Wiki says it was Variable Valve Timing. Also lists one on the cars as

2002- Nissan Skyline (V35) (280 hp)

so true machan nissan fails in the economy department...the ironic thing is sumhow the owners r ok wit the gas guzzling...i hear even the march is poor on fuel

Well, yeah.... Apply Irony here. and yeah for the last. Tho I hear the 1.3 March with CVT is quite good.

And Pila, if u think V-Tec should be used to economy, there are some ppl u need to educate who equate vtec with performance :huh:

Isn't this also the same as the USA's Infiniti G35? Looks like that. The 2006 version of the car are around $30,000 here. I think the ones A*W were selling were recons of the equivalent of the 2002 Infiniti G35. I think auto came only on 3.5 L (both 2 and 4 door versions i think) and at the time they were going for 4.1 Mil (around August 2004). I've seen a few around Sri Lanka, Dark blue, champagne and also a Maroon one parked somewhere opposite the Durdan's car park. The Blue one I've seen parked on Union Place (not at the A*W showroom:P). Donno how much they are now though

Isn't this also the same as the USA's Infiniti G35? Looks like that. The 2006 version of the car are around $30,000 here. I think the ones A*W were selling were recons of the equivalent of the 2002 Infiniti G35. I think auto came only on 3.5 L (both 2 and 4 door versions i think) and at the time they were going for 4.1 Mil (around August 2004). I've seen a few around Sri Lanka, Dark blue, champagne and also a Maroon one parked somewhere opposite the Durdan's car park. The Blue one I've seen parked on Union Place (not at the A*W showroom:P). Donno how much they are now though

dont the US only get the G35 coupe?all the skylines ive seen here were auto

Not quite 100% 350Zs VQ35DE has some version of VVL. Think it was called CVVT*#$^@ (continuously variable summin summin sum shit. Cant remember)

Even Wiki says it was Variable Valve Timing. Also lists one on the cars as

2002- Nissan Skyline (V35) (280 hp)

oh u throwin dat wiki shit at me eh?bring it on man...jk but i guess ur rite...havent studied much on the VQ35DE since we dont hav access to it :)

dont the US only get the G35 coupe?all the skylines ive seen here were auto

oh u throwin dat wiki shit at me eh?bring it on man...jk but i guess ur rite...havent studied much on the VQ35DE since we dont hav access to it :)

Wiki says the D postfix can mean

D DOHC, Variable Valve Timing, or Direct Injection

(that all "or" conditional)

And if my memory serves, it was Continuously Variable Valve Timing and Lift Control System (CVVTLCS). Could be wrong. Going by memory :huh: Found it some time ago when I first started obessing over Z's

Wiki says the D postfix can mean

D DOHC, Variable Valve Timing, or Direct Injection

(that all "or" conditional)

And if my memory serves, it was Continuously Variable Valve Timing and Lift Control System (CVVTLCS). Could be wrong. Going by memory :) Found it some time ago when I first started obessing over Z's

ok all new nissans r DOHCs so the only variation wud b the VVL...y didnt they rename the engine VQ35VE?

One of our directors has just bought a Skyline sedan. A 250GT. says it cost him 4mill. Apparently got it off a friend. (Some ppl sell their cars cheap to their friends, when again others like to keep margins, like some ppl we know. ;) )

One of our directors has just bought a Skyline sedan. A 250GT. says it cost him 4mill. Apparently got it off a friend. (Some ppl sell their cars cheap to their friends, when again others like to keep margins, like some ppl we know. :D )

LoL...Hmmmmm...Wonder who ur hinting at..?!?!?!?!? ;):):P