• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Most Expensive Car In Sri Lanka?

Stingray

Relatively quite a cheap car. Only the Silver Shadows are cheaper I think...

hmmm in Sri Lanka lets assume one of these Rollers of Classic Caddy's were to sell - what kinda prices do you think they'd change hands for?

will they be in line with the international 'standard' prices? :huh:

hmmm in Sri Lanka lets assume one of these Rollers of Classic Caddy's were to sell - what kinda prices do you think they'd change hands for?

will they be in line with the international 'standard' prices? :huh:

I believe the top (condiotion) price will be in line with international prices. In SL there's no mkt as such.... A few guys have a load of cars. Let's say you wake up tomorow and decide to by a Caddy. What can you do about it? Not much. Just keep your ear to the ground and wait until someone decides to sell. Which is so unlikely as the cars are with well heeled guys. You can't tempt them with an above average price. And you really have to be crazy about the car to do that. Where as a resto poject will be higher than the international prices. The seller's probably selling because he can't afford to restore it or has lost interest, needs money etc. And restorartion eventhough a lot harder in SL than in the UK is still a lot cheaper considering the labour rates. So it you can pick it up higher than the UK price and still bring it to concours cond with your cost lower than the UK price for a car in that condition.

But buyers (and sellers) do need a reference and usually try to stick by the UK prices.

Cambridge place is where Mr.Samson Silva lives so the logical assumption would be that the seen in that neighbourhood is his..

Not his. This is down a lane closer to the Museum junc. The car sits in a glass fronted garage. It looks like its inside the house. Might be an early Phantom...? Looks like a Cloud but older and smaller. White!

which?? there aren't that many are there?? :huh:

The white convertible Caddi EY6000 was owned by the Bandaranayake's back in the day if i recall correctly...

someone put a diesel lump in a Roller?????? :o

who the hell woud do such a thing??!!! :blink:

This was supposed to be owned by J.R Jayawardana, the car was going through a paint job when i checked it the owner didn't like me taking pics of it. From the looks of it i feel it should belong to the 70's or the 80's but didn't have no plates on it. Actuall this car was put on sale together with a Pontiac coupe. He wanted 2.5M for the Pontiac, I didn't bother to check the price of the Caddy...

Yeah... its a maroon color one with a diesel power house. one garage guy told me that its a Toyota Coaster bus engine that has been put into it. Got to check for more info on this car...

This was supposed to be owned by J.R Jayawardana, the car was going through a paint job when i checked it the owner didn't like me taking pics of it. From the looks of it i feel it should belong to the 70's or the 80's but didn't have no plates on it. Actuall this car was put on sale together with a Pontiac coupe. He wanted 2.5M for the Pontiac, I didn't bother to check the price of the Caddy...

Yeah... its a maroon color one with a diesel power house. one garage guy told me that its a Toyota Coaster bus engine that has been put into it. Got to check for more info on this car...

oooh right these were the two cars which were up on sale a few weeks back in the Observer!

any idea what kinda engine the Pontiac was running - this is that black Firebird right?

i believe the asking for the Caddy was 6~7 Million :unsure:

Yup... they were put-up in the observer.

The pontiac had a 5.0 V8 in it. It's not the black firebird can't remember the exact model.

Have no idea to comment on the price of the Caddy... The value offered for such car may differed from person to person.

This same owner had more classics many years ago... there's no trace of many of them now. I had a chance of having a very small ride in a Pontiac many years ago....

Yup... they were put-up in the observer.

The pontiac had a 5.0 V8 in it. It's not the black firebird can't remember the exact model.

Have no idea to comment on the price of the Caddy... The value offered for such car may differed from person to person.

This same owner had more classics many years ago... there's no trace of many of them now. I had a chance of having a very small ride in a Pontiac many years ago....

is this by any chance the same guy who once owned a Ford Saloon from the 1930's with a V8 and also that Studebaker bullet nose ???

...must go take a look at this Pontiac if it really does have a V8 in it - ...so how good was that ride? :D

is this by any chance the same guy who once owned a Ford Saloon from the 1930's with a V8 and also that Studebaker bullet nose ???

...must go take a look at this Pontiac if it really does have a V8 in it - ...so how good was that ride? :D

Hmmm not sure whether he owned those 2 cars. His dad had a collection as well & maintained the vehicles much better, no idea on what happened to those cars.

Was kid at that time... it was short & wasn't exciting to feel the power of those oldies.... And it wasn't the same car which is for sale it was another one.

Hmmm not sure whether he owned those 2 cars. His dad had a collection as well & maintained the vehicles much better, no idea on what happened to those cars.

Was kid at that time... it was short & wasn't exciting to feel the power of those oldies.... And it wasn't the same car which is for sale it was another one.

what ? :blink:

so your saying theres another Pontiac as well?? :o

so that brings the count to 3 ? :unsure:

1) Black Firebird

pontiacpz4.jpg

pontiacpz4.c85e69c3dc.jpg

2) Trans-Am thats in pieces

3) The car you mention thats on sale now

anymore? :huh:

what ? :blink:

so your saying theres another Pontiac as well?? :o

so that brings the count to 3 ? :unsure:

1) Black Firebird

2) Trans-Am thats in pieces

3) The car you mention thats on sale now

anymore? :huh:

Well there are a few older (50's) ones like the Stratochief that was at the Motorshow.

Heard there is a new LHD Dodge Charger currently residing in millenium city athurugiriya as well. Dont know who's. Must have cost a lot, not to mention the fuel costs.

but isn't there some legislation that prevents the import & or registration of new LHD vehicles?

but isn't there some legislation that prevents the import & or registration of new LHD vehicles?

obviously he is a good legislator then :P Ill try and get a picture of the thing and post it. Meantime someone who lives in the area might be able to give more info.

obviously he is a good legislator then :P Ill try and get a picture of the thing and post it. Meantime someone who lives in the area might be able to give more info.

that would be great - nothing like some good ole photo evidence eh?! :lol:

• 3 years later...