• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Is Nissan Fb15

sira

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys,

a lot of people miss the re-sale value in their calculation. let’s consider two cars;A and B

lets say,

Current price of A – CPA Re-sale Value of A – RVA Fuel and maintenance const of A - FMA

And

Current price of B – CPB Re-sale Value of B – RVB Fuel and maintenance const of B – FMB

(Lets assume the re-sale value considered here is after .. say…3 years)

Now the cost one would have to bear for these two cars would be like this

CPA – RVA + FMA for the first car and CPB – RVB + FMB for the second.

Therefore if the cars depreciate at the same rate, the only factor we have to consider is fuel and maintenance cost.

If they depreciate at different rates i.e RPA is not equal to RPB, then the difference of those two contributes. This is the reason why cars like Maruti’s are not good buys. They may be efficient in fuel consumption but when you sell you loose that advantage.

Therefore even if you spend a lot to buy a car like 121 compared to say a N16, thing that really matters is it’s maintenance cost and fuel efficiency. The extra amount you have to spend in buying the vehicle can be earned at re-sale.

Guys I’m not saying Toyota is better or something like that but extra amount you spend to buy a car with good market would be out of equation as you can find it back when you sell the car.

My personal opinion is condition of a car matters than the brand it self for fuel consumption and comfort level. I have been in an N16 and an Allion but hardly felt a difference in terms of comfort level.

Points to consider are,

1. Would the N16 and the 121 depreciate at the same rate. The answer is probably around the same, and in reality both cars have appreciated in value as Jaga points out.

2. Second is the cost of maintenance, and running cost and here I think the Toyota's will cost slightly less to maintain and the 121 is probably more fuel efficient than the N16. But to this to affect the cost of running significantly the owner will have to do a hell of a lot of miles.

A more pragmatic way of looking at this is,

When I was in SL I noticed a company called Okanda Finance paying 27% interests on deposits. I noticed you can get 23% interest on most deposits.

So if to depict things mathematically

if value of FB15 is VFB15 and the value of a Corolla 121 is V121 and the cost of maintaining a FB15 is CFB15 and the cost of maintaining a Corolla 121 is C121 (this includes cost of fuel, servicing, repairs and value depreciation), and the deposit interest rate is 23% (which is a very realistic rate to get)

IF

(V121 - VFB15) x 23% > CFB15 - C121

In words if at the end of the year, the interest earned on the cost difference between the 2 vehicles is greater than the cost difference in maintaining the 2 cars, then I would say that you've made an excellent decision by spending less and buying an FB15 !!

Since there is about 1 million difference between the 2 cars which even at a modest interest rate of 23% earns you 230 000 a year I think that would be pretty hard to beat.

Psychology and opinions of people play a very big role in the car market, but if you care about your pocket one needs to look beyond image and crunch the numbers :)

Disclaimer : I have no connection to Okanda finance or any other finance company for that matter, nor do I own a FB 15 :)

Points to consider are,

1. Would the N16 and the 121 depreciate at the same rate. The answer is probably around the same, and in reality both cars have appreciated in value as Jaga points out.

2. Second is the cost of maintenance, and running cost and here I think the Toyota's will cost slightly less to maintain and the 121 is probably more fuel efficient than the N16. But to this to affect the cost of running significantly the owner will have to do a hell of a lot of miles.

A more pragmatic way of looking at this is,

When I was in SL I noticed a company called Okanda Finance paying 27% interests on deposits. I noticed you can get 23% interest on most deposits.

So if to depict things mathematically

if value of FB15 is VFB15 and the value of a Corolla 121 is V121 and the cost of maintaining a FB15 is CFB15 and the cost of maintaining a Corolla 121 is C121 (this includes cost of fuel, servicing, repairs and value depreciation), and the deposit interest rate is 23% (which is a very realistic rate to get)

IF

(V121 - VFB15) x 23% > CFB15 - C121

In words if at the end of the year, the interest earned on the cost difference between the 2 vehicles is greater than the cost difference in maintaining the 2 cars, then I would say that you've made an excellent decision by spending less and buying an FB15 !!

Since there is about 1 million difference between the 2 cars which even at a modest interest rate of 23% earns you 230 000 a year I think that would be pretty hard to beat.

Psychology and opinions of people play a very big role in the car market, but if you care about your pocket one needs to look beyond image and crunch the numbers :)

Disclaimer : I have no connection to Okanda finance or any other finance company for that matter, nor do I own a FB 15 :)

Yes.. a good point. 100% agree with you. But all I wanted to point out is that, lot of people forget about the fact that if they buy a higher priced and popular car they can also sell it at a good price. Some people think if they go for a cheaper car, they can spend the rest of the money for petrol… like they save some money from the deal. This is incorrect.

Obviously, and as you mentioned, if you buy a cheaper car and put the rest of the money in a bank account or do a business withit, it can be better than spending the whole amount for buying a car. That decision is up to the individual who is going to buy the car. :)

Well said "Don", It would be more valuable to invest the extra 1.2 milion for buying a land.

For "ripper"...I think this thread went far beyond a mere Nissan vs Toyota discussion

Guys...most of us are bit curious about the fuel consumptions of vehicles. Can somebody initiate a kind of data base with average fuel consumptions (genuine) of vehicals we often come across...

Guys...most of us are bit curious about the fuel consumptions of vehicles. Can somebody initiate a kind of data base with average fuel consumptions (genuine) of vehicals we often come across...

there was one such thread giving fuel figures of vehicles that AL members drove...

edit:

here it is

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=2215

Edited by Dilesh

Buy FB-15. Its a really good car. I own it since 2004. :angry-smiley-048:

But remember you can go ONLY 10 to 12 Km per liter within Colombo and ALSO you can go 12 to 15 Km per liter, if you are going outstations.

Also remember, this is valid ONLY for MANUAL GEAR. :alc:

Hi Guys,

We always had this argument between the toyotas and Nissans. I owned a Carina 212 ( 1997 model) with auto trnsmission. But it was giving me 8KM,in Colombo & 11KM out station maximum. I am not a fast driver & I do not accelarate hard, as I know the pertol consumption is high, when I do. I felt that , I should go for a English number car. Therefore I sold it & looked if I can buy a Toyota again with little money from my pocket. But I never found a car. Therefore I bought a N16 (2001 model) from a lady doctor, with a genue milage of 66000 Km for 17.40. This car gives me the same comfort & same milage the Carina was giving me. No additional maintanance cost. Just think if you want to buy a Toyota 2001 model a J letter car how much it would cost. atleast another million. If you have it, its fine otherwise for another million how much interest will you be paying? It,s all mind set, nothing else.

When it comes to re sale value, toyota has more, Nissan has a little less. But still I do not think, that I need to sell this car, lesser than what I have bought.

I do not deny, toyota is one of the best cars in the world, but the price is very high, for people like me.

I think our friends has decided right.

nice Comment... :rolleyes: no doubt Toyota is a good car. Most of them balaming to FB 15 but not to Nissan. I don't know why Nissan not thinking about this sensor issue. I think N16 has the same problem.

I think B11,B12,B13 very good cars. nobody complain and still they have a good market. Why Only FB 15 ??? :angry-smiley-024:

I have been following this debate on Nissan and Toyota, dont forget to add the cost of reverting badges and indicator units to the interest calculation mentioned!! and the insurance premium for fancy prices.

Now if you drive a Hon** or a Su**** the above problem is not there. Buy cheap sell cheap, just like the stocks. :rolleyes:

I have been following this debate on Nissan and Toyota, dont forget to add the cost of reverting badges and indicator units to the interest calculation mentioned!! and the insurance premium for fancy prices.

Now if you drive a Hon** or a Su**** the above problem is not there. Buy cheap sell cheap, just like the stocks. :rolleyes:

very valid point about the insurence premium - one missed by many

hmmm but the artificially inflated price levels apply to certain models of Honda's as well :mellow:

Buy FB-15. Its a really good car. I own it since 2004. :angry-smiley-048:

But remember you can go ONLY 10 to 12 Km per liter within Colombo and ALSO you can go 12 to 15 Km per liter, if you are going outstations.

Also remember, this is valid ONLY for MANUAL GEAR. :alc:

As I told before I do not believe that mileage depends on the gear. Major factor is the driver! :violent-smiley-030:

In case of FB 15 there can be another reason for the difference of km/l combinations.

If you take the FB 15 lineup you can notice that some B15 cars came out with Lean Burn technology and some don’t. Be careful to buy a one with lean burn when you are buying FB 15. :action-smiley-060:

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/nissan/sunny/

As I told before I do not believe that mileage depends on the gear. Major factor is the driver! :violent-smiley-030:

that's true but at the same time... a well driven manual will easily spank a well driven auto on fuel figures any day imho :)

there are too many variables you can fine tune and adjust to as a human being a machine can't quite replicate...

Bharath,

Since your using a Nissan, Machan is there any difference between N16 and FB15 Engine? is it the same or is there any difference between them? which one is better? N16 or the FB 15.. personally i think N16 is quite bigger and spacious.

Sira,

Whats the price range for the car?

I guess not except for the engine cover on top of FB 15s!