• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Is Nissan Fb15

sira

come on..lets discuss this here it self, so that it will be known to all the users? whats there to hide and talk privately in a FB 15??

May be he wants to sell his AE to Sira. Whatelse otherwise.....

Edited by ash

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May be he wants to sell his AE to Sira. Whatelse otherwise.....

Machang, what a piece of guerrilla marketing! Talking down Nissan and talking up Toyota to artificially inflate demand for the car on the long run!

Fuzzo, u have competition dude.

Machang, what a piece of guerrilla marketing! Talking down Nissan and talking up Toyota to artificially inflate demand for the car on the long run!

Fuzzo, u have competition dude.

But Fuzzo doesn't do dirty marketing.... :action-smiley-060:

i dont have that much money. :angry-smiley-024: no way

Don't worry.... If you live in a world with no any other car, you can go for an AE. AE's are outdated and very cheap. (How do you like to have your own medicine Nilantha?) :violent-smiley-099:

The funy thing is my technecian also working in A*W and he aslo told me if i ware you i buy FB13 or 14.coz it's not giving major faults. he recommend toyota, Forrd are best cars. see !!!

friends don't bother with this.

Sira

Thats may be cos of FB15 have more sensors, but if you maintain the car well it won't give you faults. I have been having it for more than 2 years and done 41000km (The ODO was reading 43000km when I bought the car and now 84000km) and never had any problem. I do all the regular maintenance time to time. Toyota is also good car but obviously Nissan is way better and reliable than FORD.

Thats may be cos of FB15 have more sensors, but if you maintain the car well it won't give you faults. I have been having it for more than 2 years and done 41000km (The ODO was reading 43000km when I bought the car and now 84000km) and never had any problem. I do all the regular maintenance time to time. Toyota is also good car but obviously Nissan is way better and reliable than FORD.

Thanks all of you friends.

so may i know what is the best car that i can buy around 1500k. prefer manual gear and good petrol consumption. execpt muruti,kia,hundai,cherry QQ...

sira

so may i know what is the best car that i can buy around 1500k. prefer manual gear and good petrol consumption. execpt muruti,kia,hundai,cherry QQ...

sira

1.5Mn is not a bad budget, you have many choices. If you are looking for a commuter then go for a FB14, FB15, Corolla etc...

If you want perfomance and economy then go for Honda civic EK3, EG8 etc...

Don't hurry up, spend some more time and try to find a car in good condition.

sira

Sira, the current market value of a FB15 (auto) in good condition is around 1650k. I think manual version is a bit lower than this. But if the car is going cheap to 1500k be careful before you buy it. Sometimes you’ll have to spend a lot more to repair if there’s a problem.

Happy Hunting! :jumping-smiley-013:

Edited by Sha7

1.5Mn is not a bad budget, you have many choices. If you are looking for a commuter then go for a FB14, FB15, Corolla etc...

If you want perfomance and economy then go for Honda civic EK3, EG8 etc...

Don't hurry up, spend some more time and try to find a car in good condition.

"If you want perfomance and economy then go for Honda civic EK3, EG8 etc..."

I thought that Honda Civics suck on fuel and do not deliver economy. But they will deliver the performance for sure.

I am also in the same situation as Sira. My budget is around 1.3Mn -1.4Mn though. My heart is with a FB14 as I too have heard that FB15s dont give as much economy as the FB14.. I am sure there are many Fb14s in good condition around that budget.

Can someone who has actually used a FB14 in Colombo give a rough figure for the actual fuel consumption of a manual FB14...?

"If you want perfomance and economy then go for Honda civic EK3, EG8 etc..."

I thought that Honda Civics suck on fuel and do not deliver economy. But they will deliver the performance for sure.

I am also in the same situation as Sira. My budget is around 1.3Mn -1.4Mn though. My heart is with a FB14 as I too have heard that FB15s dont give as much economy as the FB14.. I am sure there are many Fb14s in good condition around that budget.

Can someone who has actually used a FB14 in Colombo give a rough figure for the actual fuel consumption of a manual FB14...?

Who says that Ek3 sucks fuel? I have used a Ek3 for 3 years (Run about 80000km) beleive me It did 13 km/lt out station and of course it depends in city according to the traffic congestion. It is a very good car and did not give any major problem to me for 3 years period. Even I would like to recomend Ek3 more than Es1 as far as the comfortabiltyand manurability are concerened. :)

Who says that Ek3 sucks fuel? I have used a Ek3 for 3 years (Run about 80000km) beleive me It did 13 km/lt out station and of course it depends in city according to the traffic congestion. It is a very good car and did not give any major problem to me for 3 years period. Even I would like to recomend Ek3 more than Es1 as far as the comfortabiltyand manurability are concerened. :)

Well said machan.

Hi All

I'm going to buy nissan FB 15 car.Please advice me how is Nissan FB 15. i've heard there is a noice comming rear wheel calipers is that true? fuel consumptin , is EFI giving problem, air flow sensor.....etc.is parts expensive? avalablity.

All your addvices are most welcome.

sira

I own a Nissan FB 15 for abt 4 yr's nw. :alc:

Car is very comfortable. You dont feel tired. :angry-smiley-048:

Sensors are very good. But, u must protect them by water. :action-smiley-060:

Fuel efficiency, my car work over 12Km ~ 15km per liter in outstation. :jumping-smiley-013:

But it is 10Km ~ 12km per liter in Colombo depending on the traffic and our driving styles. :angry-smiley-024:

PLEASE NOTE :- My car is Manual gear. Auto gear is NOT gives you this fuel efficiency. Also, auto gear is cant control like manual. :P

I assume this said millage could only be achieved by slow-moderate driving...am I right? :rolleyes: As per my experience with my best friends car he had two EK3's both did around 10kmpl max 11kmpl. Nothing more....He maintained his cars perfectly did tunning every 3 months so on.and a moderate speed driver.Yours a bit exceptional I guess! :huh:

Guys I was following this thread with lot of interest....

seem to me that the average fuel consumption of FB15 is 8-12 km/l city limits,.,,, 12-14 km/l outstation, also the comfort is not bad...

How fuel efficient is this so-called "gold" corolla 121 ?

Is it worthwhile to spend extra 1.2 or MORE to buy this damn corolla than go for a decent FB15...

To my feeling, the prices of corollas are highly inflated in srilanka by narrow minded people like,,,,, :angry-smiley-048: , so people are trying to sell any rubbish with a high price

I assume this said millage could only be achieved by slow-moderate driving...am I right? :rolleyes: As per my experience with my best friends car he had two EK3's both did around 10kmpl max 11kmpl. Nothing more....He maintained his cars perfectly did tunning every 3 months so on.and a moderate speed driver.Yours a bit exceptional I guess! :huh:

My car was a manual gear one(Ek3) and Y.O.M.1996 brand new and the agent maintained right through out..

Normally I am not a slow driver but I confirms It did average 13 km/lt out station when I drove to Anuradapura etc etc.

My new one is ES1 auto and does only 12 km/Lt average at out station. :angry:

PLEASE NOTE :- My car is Manual gear. Auto gear is NOT gives you this fuel efficiency. Also, auto gear is cant control like manual. :P

I sorry that I can’t agree with this statement. Mine is auto 1500cc. but as I told before I make over 15km/l in outstation.

According to my understanding lots of people try to drive auto geared vehicles on the same way they deal with manual, which they are used to. Few years back there were few lessons done by Mr. Lal Alawatte on Sirasa TV regarding this which were very useful.

There are few differences between how auto and manual react to inputs. For example in a manual if you press the accelerator hard, car will definitely speed up. But if you do this in an auto it will change the gear down to a heavy gear from the existing which will give more power but not the acceleration and ultimately results in burning lots of fuel. And how many of you use the over drive switch accurately????

Once you’re familiar with the technique with an understanding auto gear is extremely controllable

My car was a manual gear one(Ek3) and Y.O.M.1996 brand new and the agent maintained right through out..

Normally I am not a slow driver but I confirms It did average 13 km/lt out station when I drove to Anuradapura etc etc.

My new one is ES1 auto and does only 12 km/Lt average at out station. :angry:

Well the ES1 is an AUTO... so it IS likely to be less economical than a MANUAL EK3

do keep in mind that the ES1 is a slightly heavier car than the EK3 as well.

I sorry that I can’t agree with this statement. Mine is auto 1500cc. but as I told before I make over 15km/l in outstation.

According to my understanding lots of people try to drive auto geared vehicles on the same way they deal with manual, which they are used to. Few years back there were few lessons done by Mr. Lal Alawatte on Sirasa TV regarding this which were very useful.

There are few differences between how auto and manual react to inputs. For example in a manual if you press the accelerator hard, car will definitely speed up. But if you do this in an auto it will change the gear down to a heavy gear from the existing which will give more power but not the acceleration and ultimately results in burning lots of fuel. And how many of you use the over drive switch accurately????

Once you’re familiar with the technique with an understanding auto gear is extremely controllable

Interesting post sha. Thanks. I think u r right...... :action-smiley-060:

care to share ur knowledge with us? :rolleyes:

seem to me that the average fuel consumption of FB15 is 8-12 km/l city limits,.,,, 12-14 km/l outstation, also the comfort is not bad...

How fuel efficient is this so-called "gold" corolla 121 ?

Is it worthwhile to spend extra 1.2 or MORE to buy this damn corolla than go for a decent FB15...

as xXx rightly pointed out its the cost per Km that is important

so if a FB15 does 12 kmpl , then that works out to Rs. 13

a Corolla 121 will do around 14 kmpl lets say, so Rs.11

so if were to take urajdrlk as an example where in the other thread he said something about having to do 150 km daily , that would work out to a daily saving of Rs. 300

(http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=5092&st=20)

so the assuming a 1.2 Million varience between the two vehicle prices, it would take somewhere close to 11 years to recoup that cost! :lol:

quite simply that would mean the Toyota simply isn't worth the premium! :D

[now don't no body come along and knitpick - i was just working some numbers about for effect - i do realize that truck load of other factors need to be added to the equation to make this a comprehensivly viable calulation :) ]

I think your point is correct, given the main differences of these two cars lie in the fuel consumption and maintainance (issues of sensors and front suspension)

Beside that i think the resale value of both stays same

By the way.... I noticed plenty of FBs are advertised on AL classifieds......bit strange....

I think your point is correct, given the main differences of these two cars lie in the fuel consumption and maintainance (issues of sensors and front suspension)

Beside that i think the resale value of both stays same

By the way.... I noticed plenty of FBs are advertised on AL classifieds......bit strange....

hate to get into this Toyota vs Nissan debate but if you compare a 121 against a N16 which i assume to be the competition... the 121 easily commands a lead when it comes to re-sale value and that i believe is a fact...

The annual running costs for both cars is another debate but going by the limited inputs i've got from friends who own both cars... the obvious brand seems to be better over the other there too but that's just my opinion :) And i have the right be wrong :P

as xXx rightly pointed out its the cost per Km that is important

so if a FB15 does 12 kmpl , then that works out to Rs. 13

a Corolla 121 will do around 14 kmpl lets say, so Rs.11

so if were to take urajdrlk as an example where in the other thread he said something about having to do 150 km daily , that would work out to a daily saving of Rs. 300

(http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=5092&st=20)

so the assuming a 1.2 Million varience between the two vehicle prices, it would take somewhere close to 11 years to recoup that cost! :lol:

[now don't no body come along and knitpick - i was just working some numbers about for effect - i do realize that truck load of other factors need to be added to the equation to make this a comprehensivly viable calulation :) ]

guys,

a lot of people miss the re-sale value in their calculation. let’s consider two cars;A and B

lets say,

Current price of A – CPA Re-sale Value of A – RVA Fuel and maintenance const of A - FMA

And

Current price of B – CPB Re-sale Value of B – RVB Fuel and maintenance const of B – FMB

(Lets assume the re-sale value considered here is after .. say…3 years)

Now the cost one would have to bear for these two cars would be like this

CPA – RVA + FMA for the first car and CPB – RVB + FMB for the second.

Therefore if the cars depreciate at the same rate, the only factor we have to consider is fuel and maintenance cost.

If they depreciate at different rates i.e RPA is not equal to RPB, then the difference of those two contributes. This is the reason why cars like Maruti’s are not good buys. They may be efficient in fuel consumption but when you sell you loose that advantage.

Therefore even if you spend a lot to buy a car like 121 compared to say a N16, thing that really matters is it’s maintenance cost and fuel efficiency. The extra amount you have to spend in buying the vehicle can be earned at re-sale.

Guys I’m not saying Toyota is better or something like that but extra amount you spend to buy a car with good market would be out of equation as you can find it back when you sell the car.

My personal opinion is condition of a car matters than the brand it self for fuel consumption and comfort level. I have been in an N16 and an Allion but hardly felt a difference in terms of comfort level.