• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aba

Watchman

have you guys heard of Jackson Anthony's upcoming movie 'Aba' ?

The trailer is available on youTube, and you can also visit the site www.aba.lk its got a high definition trailer (44mb) available for download. Its a 4 minute trailer. and the site itself is pretty awesome! Probably the best Lankan site i've seen.

The cinematography is just awesome! As good as Asoka, maybe even a bit better! It gave me a very Lord Of The Rings feeling!! A friend said it had the highest budget for a Lankan movie (FINALLY knocking one-shot-one from the pedestal which was nothing but a disgrace for the sri lankan movie industry)

And its supposed to be pretty historically accurate too... Its good to see movies of such caliber coming out even though its ever so infrequently...

i noticed Rupavahini is airing the locally produced series called Sherlock Holmes - looked quite impressive , with period costumes , horse carraiges and the like...

haven't got a chance to watch a full episode yet so can't comment on the acting etc - airs Saturday night at 9.30 i think :unsure:

yep saw the trailer when i went to watch the forbiden kingdom at liberty, the aba trailer just made me sit up and i thought the cinematogrpahy was excellent and on par with the western standards, but trailers are deceptive so lets see how the movie realy is!

I'm talking about Asoka Handagama.

ohhhh nonononooooo... hahahaa! misunderstanding... sorry my bad...

i was talking about Asoka the movie.. you know, the indian one staring Shar Ruhk Kahn about Dharmashoka....

both of these are pretty much on the same lines of prince-in-self-excile, going to be killed by someone, comes back to power kinda thing... but the trailer seemd quite good, and J.Anthony has some good taste in projection...

Edited by Dilesh

only today i got my hands on this site and watched the trailer and pretty damn good for a srilankan movie the last movie that i liked was mille soya ... and this really new ABA movie really cought my attention guess it's time to stand up and make some good movies but as usual every time we face the problem of funding ..:(