• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sri Lanka's First Ever Boatshow

Ripper

For those who are into boating,

Sri Lanka's first ever boatshow will be happening at the BMICH from 8th-10th June 2008, 10am to 10pm.

Dunno it'll be a huge success since it's the first effort and us sri lankan are sadly not into boating that much...

I'll be there for sure wit my al-cheapo digi cam :)

I'm guessing Pradfred will be there too :)

http://www.boatshowsrilanka.com

For those who are into boating,

Sri Lanka's first ever boatshow will be happening at the BMICH from 8th-10th June 2008, 10am to 10pm.

Dunno it'll be a huge success since it's the first effort and us sri lankan are sadly not into boating that much...

I'll be there for sure wit my al-cheapo digi cam :)

I'm guessing Pradfred will be there too :)

http://www.boatshowsrilanka.com

Saw the banner in Galle road too. I will give it a visit If I have time.

I've been waiting for this since January. Let's hope it is as awesome as it sounds.

same here mate :)

But the website really sucks... doesn't show that many locally built boats etc at all...

Neil Marine, Blue Star, CDL and CeyNor etc have all done some really good builds but none of that is displayed there so a visitor to the site wouldn't really be enticed to visit the actual show... :action-smiley-060:

But SL has huge potential to become a major player in boat building...Hope this show will help to showcase what we've achieved so far and what's in the future...

fingers crossed :)

same here mate :)

But the website really sucks... doesn't show that many locally built boats etc at all...

Neil Marine, Blue Star, CDL and CeyNor etc have all done some really good builds but none of that is displayed there so a visitor to the site wouldn't really be enticed to visit the actual show... :action-smiley-060:

But SL has huge potential to become a major player in boat building...Hope this show will help to showcase what we've achieved so far and what's in the future...

fingers crossed :)

Yes ripper CDLPC is now building Anchor handling high tech tugs for indian market. other than 90% of Daura fast petrol craft belongs to Sri Lanka Navy.

Really we have to be proud of. : :rolleyes:

Yes ripper CDLPC is now building Anchor handling high tech tugs for indian market. other than 90% of Daura fast petrol craft belongs to Sri Lanka Navy.

Really we have to be proud of. : :rolleyes:

actually CDL builds what's called a Colombo Class UFAC or ultra fast attack craft... "Dvoras" or "Super Dvoras" are made in Israel.

The colombo class UFAC's are not called "Dvoras"

CDL has been on the TUG scene for quite a while now... I hope they can get better facilities and go for larger crafts, ships soon :)

We should be able to build our own OPV's like SLNS Sayura etc. :)

actually CDL builds what's called a Colombo Class UFAC or ultra fast attack craft... "Dvoras" or "Super Dvoras" are made in Israel.

The colombo class UFAC's are not called "Dvoras"

CDL has been on the TUG scene for quite a while now... I hope they can get better facilities and go for larger crafts, ships soon :)

We should be able to build our own OPV's like SLNS Sayura etc. :)

Israel Dauras do only 48 knots but CDPlc UFAC are doing 54 knots at sea condition leval 2.

It is better isn't it?

Israel Dauras do only 48 knots but CDPlc UFAC are doing 54 knots at sea condition leval 2.

It is better isn't it?

super dvora mk111 can do 50knots...

http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/nav...uperDvora3.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4aUM0w4drs

not to take anything away from CDL...but for an FAC straight line speed alone doesn't make it better over the competition

any speed sport boat maker is there is SL or any speed boats for off shore speed boat racing ...... :Dthats a subject i guess which every one would like .... :P

there are two...

one is called the SLN and the other Sea Tigers :P

I too am a bit of a boating enthusiast.

Ripster click away like there’s no tomorrow mate and please post the pictures here. Peri will you spinning your magic as well????

Will try on Sunday. Tho I doubt anything beyond the jetskis will hold much attraction for me. Not really nautically inclined, unless there are some big guns on it :D

Will try on Sunday. Tho I doubt anything beyond the jetskis will hold much attraction for me. Not really nautically inclined, unless there are some big guns on it :D

was thinking of going sunday evening myself, but likewise just for the jetskis :D

was thinking of going sunday evening myself, but likewise just for the jetskis :D

there's a chance of seeing the locally built UFAC by CDL :)

I've seen one in the deep seas off wella once :) beautiful sight :) ANd Peri they have big a$$ gunz too :)

I'm in to smaller craft...kayakas, canoes and under 25ft range offshore capable boats :)

not been on a jet-ski yet sadly :( another thing i need to fix asap :)

speaking of boats with guns, i was on my wait to the airport last night when i had to overtake a Navy Boat (on a truck).. it WAS quite huge.. i dont know a lot about UFACs or dvoras but this had a surprisingly flat hull than what i thought sea-vessels had...

A*W probably will bring in some of their PWCs i guess...

wonder if there's a Seadoo agent around.. dieing to see the new ones for real. the top of the range has a 1400cc turbocharged intecooled engine giving out 255bhp, now thats a LOT of power for something thats probably less than half the weight of a car :D

some tourist hotel (by the main road) in benthota rent jet skis... 1600 for 15 minutes, though this was before the fuel price hike :D

It is better isn't it?

According to Dvora pilots,speed matters but not always.One model has some serious stability issues when low on fuel and load.Sorry unable to comment more.

MINIACE

speaking of boats with guns, i was on my wait to the airport last night when i had to overtake a Navy Boat (on a truck).. it WAS quite huge.. i dont know a lot about UFACs or dvoras but this had a surprisingly flat hull than what i thought sea-vessels had...

A*W probably will bring in some of their PWCs i guess...

wonder if there's a Seadoo agent around.. dieing to see the new ones for real. the top of the range has a 1400cc turbocharged intecooled engine giving out 255bhp, now thats a LOT of power for something thats probably less than half the weight of a car :D

some tourist hotel (by the main road) in benthota rent jet skis... 1600 for 15 minutes, though this was before the fuel price hike :D

well offshore capable speed boats have to what's called a deep V hull... flatter hulls are called displacement hulls and are the most economical to run cos it takes little power to move such a hill through water as opposed to V and deep V hulls.

all SLN fac's are deep V hulls...even IPC or inshore patrol crafts are V hulls... So chances if this boat had a flat hull it's not intended for fast operational speeds or choppy water/blue water conditions...

flat hulls are really crap in riding waves :)

The bentota thing...i think there's a bugger called Sigi J Mono (and yes he's a local dude :P) who has a water sports centre in bentota... prices and acommodation is pretty cheap there from what i heard...

SL270045.jpg

I too am a bit of a boating enthusiast.

Ripster click away like there’s no tomorrow mate and please post the pictures here. Peri will you spinning your magic as well????

will do mate :)

what sorta boating are you into? :)

According to Dvora pilots,speed matters but not always.One model has some serious stability issues when low on fuel and load.Sorry unable to comment more.

MINIACE

well since these things are technically pushed to the max to achieve best results...these sorta things will exist sadly.

I suppose the center of gravity changes drastically and the craft can't dig deep enough into the drink to get traction...

Maybe they can install ballast water tanks to take in sea water to compensate for the fuel/load loss???

It was OK.. had lots of boat engines and hulls (as expected).

Some small boats that people can buy, and some pretty big boats too.. sorry, i'm not very 'in' with boat terms though....

Yamaha had 2 jet-skis (though one looked like a used one) and the navy had some very nice boats!

Oh there was this 'Sujith Motors' from Matara. They have locally made alternators for various engines.. they also have pre-heat timers and TURBO-TIMERS! i remember someone inquiring about it on a different thread.. I dont remember exactly how much but the timers were quite cheap too!

well guys

I was there sunday and took a few pics. will upload them somewhere and post a link here for all to see :)

Not the best of shots since i don't have a fancy cam just yet :P

About the show..

Like Dilesh said... It was ok. Not too bad as a starter i suppose.

Navy had one of their IPC water jets on display...fully armed with LMG's, forward mounted 23mm canon... and rear twin barrel 23mm canon i think.

They also had two "arrow boats" each having twin 200Hp outboards armed with what looked like grenade launchers and some high caliber guns...

The arrow boat is made in SL by the navy and seems to be quite a capable vessel...

A*W had 2 jetskis and 2 boats on display with lotsa outboard motors. One vessels i checked was 4mil minus the motor... and with it it was 6mil+

Most boats on display didn't have 100% perfect finish. Railings were not secured properly and the rubber skirting on the edges were not secured properly etc etc... But gotta admit that i never knew we did export so many different varieties of boats to other countries :)

Personally i preferred the boats made by Neil Marine. They had the best finish out of the lot displayed and the styles and lines of the boats were just plain awesome...

await pics :)