• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New One Way Roads

Watchman

In all honesty :P still this new system takes more time and burn more gas for me.

I'm coming from wattala >> mattakkuliya >> Fort >> Col 3 and taking galle road from fort to office was a breeze... even with the bloody road being closed for traffic on ones side near you know who's official residence...

This new system at least triples the time for me to travel from fort to col 3.

Monday i'm going to try and get to galle road from slave island and see how that works out...

At the end of it all...i don't see how on earth we're gonna "ease" congestion by closing down roads for general traffic...

all that traffic that used to ply on galle road has to be "handled" by other roads right? so no matter what you do i don't see how things gonna improve if you don't open these bloody roads up...

for any security threat, the firs solution is closing down roads. and i think that just plain sucks.

i tried a new trick today.... slept till 8.30 and left home around 9.00.. MUCH less traffic :D

and went upto kolpity on galle road thus bypassing the museam/libraru areas and thurstan road which i normally take...

Edited by Dilesh

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're such a tollerant race aren't we..................

at least warn the people - was quite confused at to wtf was going on whilst trying to get out of colombo this morning...

& does any one know what the rationale is for clossing off the Galle Road - Galle Face section?

machang rataionale and SL dont go together..

i dont know if this will ever work.. we are burrning more fuel on these stupid new so called one way roads...

Try slave island machan. I feel its much quicker..

thanks mate...will do. the only worry there is that sometimes they block the road near the military hospital and the results aint pretty

thanks mate...will do. the only worry there is that sometimes they block the road near the military hospital and the results aint pretty

Agree with that.... :(

I cant understand what they done to the gall road near MC, they open one lane for the vehicles gioin towars to CMB from the opposite side and today it took me bladdy 2 hours to go to MC from Mirihana, on da way i was cursing the people who change these roads etc, thanks to some idiots i mis the 1.30 movie,

I cant understand what they done to the gall road near MC, they open one lane for the vehicles gioin towars to CMB from the opposite side and today it took me bladdy 2 hours to go to MC from Mirihana, on da way i was cursing the people who change these roads etc, thanks to some idiots i mis the 1.30 movie,

if i'm not mistaken they've had that for quite some time....it was there in December i remember. i think the reason is since all traffic going towards galle have duplication road to travel on.. the one lane thats on galle road is meant for busses because there isnt any other wide road that connects duplication road and galle road.

hehehe, its ok machan.. i know the feeling i too missed Indianna Jones on sunday.. it was sold out :(:D

if i'm not mistaken they've had that for quite some time....it was there in December i remember. i think the reason is since all traffic going towards galle have duplication road to travel on.. the one lane thats on galle road is meant for busses because there isnt any other wide road that connects duplication road and galle road.

hehehe, its ok machan.. i know the feeling i too missed Indianna Jones on sunday.. it was sold out :(:D

Yeah bro but went there last week same time and its normal, even we cant turn toward MC we can go and turn near No U turn sign lol only when cops not there, but now with vehicles coming towards us cant U turn :angry:

Yeah bro but went there last week same time and its normal, even we cant turn toward MC we can go and turn near No U turn sign lol only when cops not there, but now with vehicles coming towards us cant U turn :angry:

they only allow you to turn from there on weekends :) probably late at night too... what i do is go down duplication road and and take a right just before HOF... from there you can join into the traffic that flows towards colombo passing MC...

My biggest complaint so far is that bloody galle face drive being kept closed :angry-smiley-024:

what used to be a 20-30mins drive to work has almost become and hour now :angry-smiley-024:

ahh dont worry!!!

when u come up from the road that connects duplication and galle road, DONT turn left... instead go a little bit to the right :D meaning go down the road thats next to general pharmacy (or is that still there?)... You're cutting acorss some traffic and bound to get honked at or stared at.... but dont worry about those :D that road will take you to the end of marine drive. Go along M drive and turn into MC :).. problem solved.... have fun at the movies and tell us how it was:D

Edited by Dilesh

ahh dont worry!!!

when u come up from the road that connects duplication and galle road, DONT turn left... instead go a little bit to the right :D meaning go down the road thats next to general pharmacy (or is that still there?)... You're cutting acorss some traffic and bound to get honked at or stared at.... but dont worry about those :D that road will take you to the end of marine drive. Go along M drive and turn into MC :).. problem solved.... have fun at the movies and tell us how it was:D

i've used that route to get on to the Marine Drive many time but there are two hic-cups

First there is the issue of the terrible state of the road section (Potholes , ditches and humps :( ) which leads upto the Marine Drive

the second being the fact that the road Majestic City is on being one way - so if you wanna go full legit you need to go up St.Albans place onto Galle Rd and then come down again :)

i've used that route to get on to the Marine Drive many time but there are two hic-cups

First there is the issue of the terrible state of the road section (Potholes , ditches and humps :( ) which leads upto the Marine Drive

the second being the fact that the road Majestic City is on being one way - so if you wanna go full legit you need to go up St.Albans place onto Galle Rd and then come down again :)

oh yeah, the state is QUITE bad, but if you stay all the way to the land-side its a bit OK.... :D

the road upto MC is one-way only from a certain point if i'm mistaken, but to get into the MC carpark you do have to break the law a 'bit', but you can get into the other carpark opposite MC without a breaking the one-way rule. Or there is the alternative of St.Albans (didnt know the name till now, thanks), but the M.drive end of that road isnt very good either, but should be manageable for a AWD rally car :D

but personally if i'm not driving that expensive of a car, i just park on marine drive and walk to MC... :D

Edited by Dilesh

ahh dont worry!!!

I've taken that road a few times but i think now there's a sign somewhere there saying you can't turn into that lane :) makes sense but i have tried it on the 2 wheeler since that crappy road and short burst of speed across galle road to get into that lane is a cakewalk :)

But on the car...i'd play it safer cos i hate those darn cop fellas :) especially when they get me with a real offense :) you gotta shut the hell up and take all the crap they have to dish out :P

Day by day they chaging and closing roads guys, its very hard thing, but today the trafic was so hi cus of somekind of a park and Horn thing middle of the road by Mr Ranil W

I’ll take it the protest campaign was a success then

I’ll take it the protest campaign was a success then

well i heard that if folks went ahead with this...the traffic cops were gonna issue charge sheets for traffic violations...

dunno whether they can do something that legally though... but then again this is SL...possibilities are endless :lol:

does anyone know whether park and honk thing worked or not?

well i heard that if folks went ahead with this...the traffic cops were gonna issue charge sheets for traffic violations...

dunno whether they can do something that legally though... but then again this is SL...possibilities are endless :lol:

There is a possibility a lot of these charges will not stand up in court.

What people should do in civil disobedience is to follow the letter of the law, and let the police or whoever do whatever they want and then challenge it in court.

The case will drag on for ages but more often than not the court will side with the defendants

Saw is a news article that the police was busy writing down the registration numbers during the protest. I suspect rather than forwarding a charge sheet some of the participants may get a can full of ass whooping by Mr. Dutugamunu himself as that seems to be the answer to everything these days.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=16608

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=16612

Saw is a news article that the police was busy writing down the registration numbers during the protest. I suspect rather than forwarding a charge sheet some of the participants may get a can full of ass whooping by Mr. Dutugamunu himself as that seems to be the answer to everything these days.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=16608

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=16612

i like Rauf's ride int he 2nd link...