• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New One Way Roads

Watchman

Am i the only one who was messed up by the new one-way roads in the greenpath / museam / flower-road / liberty-plaza areas?

It was one seriously messed up system. not as simple as the galle-road duplication-road one way system.

Hopefully people will get familiar with it soon and learn not to have to take the longer way around...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i normaly dont take this route but had to drop a friend in bamba today and went through it and came, just utter confusion and the rain made it worse. But coming back was a breeze towards my office near union place. I think the evening traffic will be far worse due to this since more vehicles will be leaving colombo than in the mornings.

I think in a couple of days people will get used to it as they did to the duplication road uniflow system. well...we we live in Sri Lanka dont we? and we eventually will get used to all things in time!! :rolleyes:

we're such a tollerant race aren't we..................

at least warn the people - was quite confused at to wtf was going on whilst trying to get out of colombo this morning...

& does any one know what the rationale is for clossing off the Galle Road - Galle Face section?

we're such a tollerant race aren't we..................

at least warn the people - was quite confused at to wtf was going on whilst trying to get out of colombo this morning...

& does any one know what the rationale is for clossing off the Galle Road - Galle Face section?

A bomb went off two weeks ago near Hilton. Guess they are still looking for clues or summin. Or more likely mostly standing around scratching their arses and asking each other "meeyy, mokawath peenawaada?"

Yeah it was a Horrible morning with Traffic..... Didn't know about this untill I got caught on a total JAM. don't think anyone new about this... Lets see after 1 week...

Yeah it was a Horrible morning with Traffic..... Didn't know about this until I got caught on a total JAM. don't think anyone new about this... Lets see after 1 week...

Yeah it was a Horrible morning with Traffic..... Didn't know about this until I got caught on a total JAM. don't think anyone new about this... Lets see after 1 week...

i was listening to morning show on radio and they do a pretty good traffic update...saved me few liters couple of times :)

to add to Peri's point...what sucks is that the best solution our guys have to bombs is closing down roads... and they had to close down such an important road to ordinary folks... Initially i though they might open it after finishing up whatever they were doing but it seems like now it's closed for good...

Like Devinda said...we've become too tolerant to all this crap...

i was listening to morning show on radio and they do a pretty good traffic update...saved me few liters couple of times :)

i was in and out of the city earlier than most , so i was already in the thick of things and just scrambling out of the mess once the traffic updates started rolling it :(

to add to Peri's point...what sucks is that the best solution our guys have to bombs is closing down roads... and they had to close down such an important road to ordinary folks... Initially i though they might open it after finishing up whatever they were doing but it seems like now it's closed for good...

Like Devinda said...we've become too tolerant to all this crap...

dude, can you let us know which station that is..? considering that i tend to get stuck in traffic on a daily basis, could be useful...

dude, can you let us know which station that is..? considering that i tend to get stuck in traffic on a daily basis, could be useful...

I believe he's reffering to the Yes FM Morning show...........and youre right ripper, it's saved me from quite a few jams. Good Stuff.

Haven't gone through the "new" roads yet, but I think because of all the action there galle road itself was clear this morning......got to Kollupitiya from Ratmalana in 30 mins........ and no I wasn't driving like a maniac either :)

Nevertheless I wish these jackases would warn people in advance. :angry:

I believe he's reffering to the Yes FM Morning show...........and youre right ripper, it's saved me from quite a few jams. Good Stuff.

Haven't gone through the "new" roads yet, but I think because of all the action there galle road itself was clear this morning......got to Kollupitiya from Ratmalana in 30 mins........ and no I wasn't driving like a maniac either :)

Nevertheless I wish these jackases would warn people in advance. :angry:

yes it's YesFM... and also i hope they will open the galle face drive soon cos that alone is causing $hit load of traffic in the morning...

I used to have cool drive every morning but now have to suffer going through jammed up alternate routes :angry-smiley-024:

yes it's YesFM... and also i hope they will open the galle face drive soon cos that alone is causing $hit load of traffic in the morning...

I used to have cool drive every morning but now have to suffer going through jammed up alternate routes :angry-smiley-024:

i've heard a RUMOUR saying that it'll be like that till the SAARC summit... :blink: but whats worrying is that,thats in July! :o

Am i the only one who was messed up by the new one-way roads in the greenpath / museam / flower-road / liberty-plaza areas?

It was one seriously messed up system. not as simple as the galle-road duplication-road one way system.

Hopefully people will get familiar with it soon and learn not to have to take the longer way around...

have they changed the existing one way system or are u talkin about the same thing?? :unsure:

have they changed the existing one way system or are u talkin about the same thing?? :unsure:

no they have changed it - from the little i saw of it , the section of road in front of the public libarary , from the round about on Dharmapala Mw upto the Green Path SLTA round about is one way with the traffic heading toward SLTA.

There after , the road remains one way all the way up the remainder of Green Path heading toward Liberty Plaza

(Apparently the first section of Dharmapala Mw has been made one way as well, but obviously with the traffic flowing in the opposite direction)

This may have been changed since last morning!

what they're trying to do is to make all of it a block system... it wouldn't have been too bad if they had given some kind of prior warning!

thanks...i was listening to it today from around 8.25 to 9 AM, they just played 1 song... the rest was all talk and ads...hoping this is not the case everyday,.... :)

here's the deal....someone who wants to get from the public library round-about to bishops...will have to go all the way to the liberty junction and back..... :angry:

but to be honest there was less traffic today....takes around 15-20 mins for me to get from Colpity to Fort normally (took 45 mins on Tuesday!!!), but today did it in 5 mins...

But to be honest there was less traffic today....takes around 15-20 mins for me to get from Colpity to Fort normally (took 45 mins on Tuesday!!!), but today did it in 5 mins...

Hmmm in all honesty , if they were to systematically convert all the colombo roads into a structured block system , then i figure traffic would flow rather smoothly...

Hmmm in all honesty , if they were to systematically convert all the colombo roads into a structured block system , then i figure traffic would flow rather smoothly...

In all honesty :P still this new system takes more time and burn more gas for me.

I'm coming from wattala >> mattakkuliya >> Fort >> Col 3 and taking galle road from fort to office was a breeze... even with the bloody road being closed for traffic on ones side near you know who's official residence...

This new system at least triples the time for me to travel from fort to col 3.

Monday i'm going to try and get to galle road from slave island and see how that works out...

At the end of it all...i don't see how on earth we're gonna "ease" congestion by closing down roads for general traffic...

all that traffic that used to ply on galle road has to be "handled" by other roads right? so no matter what you do i don't see how things gonna improve if you don't open these bloody roads up...

for any security threat, the firs solution is closing down roads. and i think that just plain sucks.

At the end of it all...i don't see how on earth we're gonna "ease" congestion by closing down roads for general traffic...

all that traffic that used to ply on galle road has to be "handled" by other roads right? so no matter what you do i don't see how things gonna improve if you don't open these bloody roads up...

for any security threat, the firs solution is closing down roads. and i think that just plain sucks.

wholeheartedly agree with you on that - for what ever reason . closing a road , means that the same amount of vehicles need to make to with less road coverage - end result is a load of bottle necks which slow the flow down considerably :(