• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Just A Few Pics

Pericles

Since I was playing around with the 450D, got a chance to take some pics of a model car collection

http://preveenr.fotopic.net/c1516846.html

Would have loved to have had more time on this. And a step ladder, coz there were some good stuff on the top shelves that I couldn't reach :D

PS: sorry about the small size. Running out of free space on that gallery so had to resize it to a small size. Anyway, with that number of pictures would have taken days to upload if I used full res :)

Edited by Pericles

Since I was playing around with the 450D, got a chance to take some pics of a model car collection

Would have loved to have had more time on this. And a step ladder, coz there were some good stuff on the top shelves that I couldn't reach :D

Thanks to Peri..we now could see, "the impossible to see on the road" items, atleast now on the computer pc screen. Great collection! :rolleyes:

Many thanks for sharing! Thats is some collection! Would you happen to know where these cars are sourced from?

Edited by Silver

hey peri, quick question:

How did you get the cupboards/racks made? i've been wanting to make a full-wall-rack for my collection but due to the unbelievable amount of dust that comes into our house, i have dreaded taking the cars out of their boxes. Do you have a outer glass to make prevent dust going in, or is it just shelves?

Nice collection btw! Though longer exposures without the flash would have been nicer, don't you think? cos sometimes you end up with uneven lighting...

How did you get the cupboards/racks made? i've been wanting to make a full-wall-rack for my collection but due to the unbelievable amount of dust that comes into our house, i have dreaded taking the cars out of their boxes. Do you have a outer glass to make prevent dust going in, or is it just shelves?

Nice collection btw! Though longer exposures without the flash would have been nicer, don't you think? cos sometimes you end up with uneven lighting...

I dont think they're his... Are they Peri? :unsure:

WOW Nice collection and Nice pics too, btw i also want to buy a GC8 Model, where can i buy from ? some time ago i used to buy these at Planet 99 @ MC but now the shop is closed

I used to be a familiar face at Planet99 myself. :D why dont you try to call them up and ask if they have any other showroom. The Importer was PeeBee Fasion or something like that... address/telephone was on the Models' boxes... will try to find it when i go home...Nastaz (is that how you spell it?) at M.C and L.P also have some, but the selection isn't that wide. And prices on model cars too go up like for the real thing!!! Ebay has some good deals, only issue is shipping, Some sellers have HUGE collections, and if you can find a few more friends to join in, you can get combined shipping. Price might be maybe little under the price of a model in SL, but you get variety! I once bought a AutoArt Pajero Evolution, Subaru WRC, Mustang Boss 729, and a Mustang GT500KR total cost Rs.8000... now in the market for a Defender, though haven't found one in my budget :(

I read an article in the paper once about a Scale Model Convention at i think Mt.Lavinia Hotel. Any idea on how to join or see one of these?

.. now in the market for a Defender, though haven't found one in my budget :(

I read an article in the paper once about a Scale Model Convention at i think Mt.Lavinia Hotel. Any idea on how to join or see one of these?

Call Chandana on 0714715810. He's the Club secretary. The Club has been v quiet for a while now.

Odel Unlimited has some 1:18 s. Not sure they'll have but check for the Defender there.

Many thanks for sharing! Thats is some collection! Would you happen to know where these cars are sourced from?

No idea. Life time of travel has something to do with it. I remember him telling me he got quite a few from abroad.

"just a few" is a wee understatement don't ya think?!! :blink:

i take it he's in the model car collectors club?

Actually, I don't know if he is.

See the first pic for a longer exposure without flash :) It was night timeAnd he seems to like kinda dim lighting. Lots of small low powered lights as opposed to a few large ones. Besides, I wanted the background to black out so the cars would be in focus. Might have to make a studio for that. And move a few more. I was reluctant to move any, and only did those that had a door blocking it or was on a high self. Thats why so many are as is, in place.

Tho it would have been nice to try it in the day time with a narrower aperture. And if I had time to dust some of them The ones behind the glass were mostly OK, but the smaller ones that are exposed were quite dusty. See that Supra?

As far as getting the racks make, since he run an interior design company, I assume its not a problem for him. I'll give you the contact if you want, but prepare to pay top dollar. Even my modest collection is still in boxes coz of the dust. I'll take some of that one I figure out some kinda studio setup.

WOW Nice collection and Nice pics too, btw i also want to buy a GC8 Model, where can i buy from ? some time ago i used to buy these at Planet 99 @ MC but now the shop is closed

ebay. Starts around $20 depending on the price. Let me know if ur interested, I can hook you up with a guy in the model car club. About your age, and lives really close to you, so you can do things on a machang level. He gets stuff down from ebay, and he knows the brands that are worthwhile getting.

I used to be a familiar face at Planet99 myself. :D why dont you try to call them up and ask if they have any other showroom. The Importer was PeeBee Fasion or something like that... address/telephone was on the Models' boxes... will try to find it when i go home...Nastaz (is that how you spell it?) at M.C and L.P also have some, but the selection isn't that wide. And prices on model cars too go up like for the real thing!!! Ebay has some good deals, only issue is shipping, Some sellers have HUGE collections, and if you can find a few more friends to join in, you can get combined shipping. Price might be maybe little under the price of a model in SL, but you get variety! I once bought a AutoArt Pajero Evolution, Subaru WRC, Mustang Boss 729, and a Mustang GT500KR total cost Rs.8000... now in the market for a Defender, though haven't found one in my budget :(

Can give you that same contact I mentioned to Gihan. Nastars. Also, Arpico super centers have some. AutoArt and Maisto. Seen at Dehiwela, Hyde Park and Battaramulla. Also, N-Force Hobbies at Rajagiriya, opposite the Impala. Expensive again. Ask for Niroshan. Give him my regards and tell him I haven't forgotten my E-Maxx

However, wouldn't it be cheaper to ship to Singa after buying on ebay? Lots dudes around Hong Kong and stuff.

Call Chandana on 0714715810. He's the Club secretary. The Club has been v quiet for a while now.

Odel Unlimited has some 1:18 s. Not sure they'll have but check for the Defender there.

Odels 1:18s are going at 10k per piece last time I checked. At YODS. I was soo drooling over an Aston Martin DBR9 racer. And the JGTC Xanavi Skyline. And the JGTC Xanavi and Calsonic Z. I was so busy drooling that a friend of mine had to inform me that the Ferrari Enzo Ferrari was priced at 30k! Apparently its a licensed model. Or you can get a model Gallardo if you buy one of those Asus Lambo notebooks, absolutely free! :P

Not to mention that Porsche display just down the hall that had a 1:18 black Porsche (think it was a 911, but it was some time ago, so memory might be faulty) priced at 12k.

BTW, you should be knowing the owner of this collection. His collection of real cars is quite impressive too. :)

Awesome pics Peri and the collection too.... way to go machan..

Guess you finally got an SLR....congrats machan. BTW have you sold the S2?

Nope. I'll hang onto that for a while longer. Other wise no telephoto since I only got the kit lens. And with Ol Chinthana's petrol prices, I'm gonna have to put telephoto lenses on the back burner.

@peri: the last couple of items i checked out didnt have a shipping difference between SL an S'pore, and since the rest of my collection is here i figured i'll get to SL. S'pore does havea fairly good collection of AutoArt Maisto and Welly. A 1:18 Maisto or Welly costs around Rs.3000 there.

I too have seen some of these Ferrari licensed models. Some were hotwheels some were not, started at around Rs.7000/= and went as high as 14000/= Way above my budget.

The only Defenders i found were in the US, and shipping alone was USD40.00 and USD20.00 for each additional model.

BTW, you should be knowing the owner of this collection. His collection of real cars is quite impressive too. :)

Oh yes bumped into him this morning. I've been up there and seen those show cases. I want to get some done like that for my collection too. Its so space efficient.

Btw. I sold him the Fulvia Coupe and the X 1/9 seen in your pics as I had extras :)

Oh yes bumped into him this morning. I've been up there and seen those show cases. I want to get some done like that for my collection too. Its so space efficient.

Btw. I sold him the Fulvia Coupe and the X 1/9 seen in your pics as I had extras :)

:D Didn't even know he had a Fulvia.

Img 0007 I think.

Ahhh! I think my brain isn't working right after the review today :D I thought you meant you sold him some actual cars :D

I noted the X 1/9 tho I didn't know the Fulvia. There are quite a few oldies that I don't know, to be honest :)

Ahhh! I think my brain isn't working right after the review today :D I thought you meant you sold him some actual cars :D

I noted the X 1/9 tho I didn't know the Fulvia. There are quite a few oldies that I don't know, to be honest :)

Ha ha no way I could EXTRA real Fulvia coupes and X 1/9s :lol: !