• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Breaking News

ash

ever increcing fuel price ..... :( ... motor bikes and tooktooks seem to be a good method of transport .. easy on ur pocket .really can't understand where this thing is heading cos if this keeps going up like this may be u r gona see a lot of modified push bikes on the road pretty soon ..:LOL is the selary gona increse .... the rate things r going up .... :unsure:

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Night saw a Tv programme abt this fuel price Increse, then the so call Expert said lods of bull shit abt World Economy and Only Rich people use Petrol Etc, then the guy who interview said Tuks and Motor Bikes also run on Petrol but they not rich people, and the Expert said some bull shit abt world economy and some other things even he cant understand if he watch the programme.

macho gihan as all the politicians and leaders in Srilanka ... he is high on weed or drugs man ... :angry-smiley-048: cos he don't kw what he is talking abt .... til he see the recorded show

all the politicians and leaders in Srilanka ... he is high on weed or drugs man ... :angry-smiley-048: cos he don't kw what he is talking abt .... til he see the recorded show

i guess u match the criteria as well!! you should consider a political career!!!

Still there is a Rs.40/= per ltr tax on Petrol right? :jumping-smiley-013: So why can't this government reduce there tax & give people a relief? :angry-smiley-024:

Well If they reduce the tax on Petrol, How come Mr.Chinthana maintain his Ministers & there families , Relations,etc :action-smiley-060::rolleyes:

Don't knw how long will people bare this!! Don't knw abt u guys but this it for me!!

Guys, i saw a great advertisement in newspapers regarding a Electric scooter thingy (which manufactured in locally as well). which runs around 100Kms with one charge. thinking of getting that now.. cost's around 80,000/- what do u guys think?

The GOVERNMENT HAS A PLAN OF DEMOLISHING THE POOR.THIS IS WHY THEY ELEVATE THE PRICES ON EVERYTHING THEY WANT THE RICH TO Skyrocket AND THE POOR TO PERISH! And the moderate middle class like us to either catch-up with the High class or perish with the lower class!

Malthiyala wadinna watinawa me wage adahas walata! :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by priya

Guys, i saw a great advertisement in newspapers regarding a Electric scooter thingy (which manufactured in locally as well). which runs around 100Kms with one charge. thinking of getting that now.. cost's around 80,000/- what do u guys think?

Very true..I went to see this bike with my father..the innovator is planning to fix a Turbo charger to this to add more BHP for cities like Kandy, Nuwaraeliya for pulling power

ive been having an eye on that for the past few weeks....

but the prob is now that electricity costs a lot and it will increase in the future also, will it be worth it?

also is it true that we don't need a driving license for that???

cos i don't have a D :rolleyes:

Very true..I went to see this bike with my father..the innovator is planning to fix a Turbo charger to this to add more BHP for cities like Kandy, Nuwaraeliya for pulling power

Have you had any test rides?? What do you think about? I cannot understand how to put a turbo charger without having an exhaust and also intake.. :unsure: May be something I cannot understand like quantum physics. :rolleyes:

The GOVERNMENT HAS A PLAN OF DEMOLISHING THE POOR.

No, they need the poor to vote for them.

Actually, the high fuel costs are a reflection of world crude prices.

True, they could sell gasoline at about 60 a liter, if they dropped profits and tax

but where would be the fun in that.

When fuel hits $200/barrel later this year, things will be even more interesting

AFAIK its around 135+ now..

Edited by Saturn

News Alerts

23-May-2008 19.11

“No immediate fuel price hike” – Petroleum minister A.H.M Fowzi ensures the public that there will not be an immediate fuel price hike by the CPC-Ada Derana

News Alerts

24-May-2008 21.17

CPC increases Petrol and Diesel prices with midnight today. Accordingly a litre of Petrol has increased to Rs157 while a litre of Diesel to Rs 110-Ada Derana

Next time when Mr. Fowzi ensures no price hike, I'll make sure I'll have a full tank of fuel in my car. <_<

Edited by ash

Still there is a Rs.40/= per ltr tax on Petrol right? :jumping-smiley-013: So why can't this government reduce there tax & give people a relief? :angry-smiley-024:

Well If they reduce the tax on Petrol, How come Mr.Chinthana maintain his Ministers & there families , Relations,etc :action-smiley-060::rolleyes:

Don't knw how long will people bare this!! Don't knw abt u guys but this it for me!!

Rs 40/= tax is not enough. :jumping-smiley-013:

Gov should increase the tax at least to Rs. 100/=. Otherwise how come all these ministers and Chinthana family can survive?

Plus fuel price should increase more too. So that more Chinthana supporters can be employed at C.P.C.

Perhaps they will also be able to give some free fuel to Mihin Air too :angry-smiley-024:

Have you had any test rides?? What do you think about? I cannot understand how to put a turbo charger without having an exhaust and also intake.. :unsure: May be something I cannot understand like quantum physics. :rolleyes:

No no..not the usual turbo graphics a turbo motor. :angry-smiley-048: Well muchung unfortunately the Doctor(the inventor) doesnt let anybody go for test rides since he is waiting for the patent! You could talk to him about the turbo charged motor to see how it works! I do not know. What I mentioned was the theory that he described to us.

???????????????????????? fuel n chinthanaya n inflation ................????????????

hav any1 checked the electricity bill of this month...mine has doubled for the exct units as last month...

Yes this happened to me as well ... the bill doubled and the amount of units are almost same on average ... we have called and asked clarification and the explanation was that there was a 30% surcharge according to the consumption bracket we are in etc etc ...

well guys...end of the day...government is corrupt...there are lotsa of financial mis-management, skim-offs, rip-off etc etc etc

so though world oil prices have gone up...we're feeling the hit stronger all thanks to mess ups by those who are in power imho :violent-smiley-099:

like someone right pointed out...the present prices are with an import tax... government can't afford to reduce this tax and give us some relief cos this is one of their biggest revenue generators... and it is a very expensive government to maintain...

middle class and the low income bracket folks will take the biggest hit as usual... Little bit of war propaganda and some folks will easily forget and even justify these price hikes and whatever else the government does :(

Have you guys noticed that Galle road remains closed from galle face hotel to fort after that bombing incident to this date causing huge traffic jams wasting lotsa fuel for the country and also loss of productive hours. If closing roads was a viable solution to bombings i can understand... :(

we not only have corrupt officials but also insanely stupid ones :action-smiley-060:

ive been having an eye on that for the past few weeks....

but the prob is now that electricity costs a lot and it will increase in the future also, will it be worth it?

also is it true that we don't need a driving license for that???

cos i don't have a D :rolleyes:

Yes machan, according to the advertisement u dnt need to get Riding license and no need to register the bike as well. yeah true about electricity bills. theres a specific Unit limit which we need to play around. if you go beyond over that Unit limits, then the bill might get doubled :action-smiley-060: what to do. the bus fares getting high too. herd the minimum amount will be around 7 or 8. plus there's a risk getting killed by a Bra Bomb suicide killers, dunno what to do now :ninja:

Yes machan, according to the advertisement u dnt need to get Riding license and no need to register the bike as well. yeah true about electricity bills. theres a specific Unit limit which we need to play around. if you go beyond over that Unit limits, then the bill might get doubled :action-smiley-060: what to do. the bus fares getting high too. herd the minimum amount will be around 7 or 8. plus there's a risk getting killed by a Bra Bomb suicide killers, dunno what to do now :ninja:

machang that unit limit will be exceeded by most households... no escaping that

I've been feeling depressed and annoyed all Sunday and today as well :angry:, eventhough this was kind of expected. Yes we can blame Bush, China and India but I'm afraid we have to blame the Chinthanaya for screwing up the economy. If our economy was on a better footing we could have weathered the storm a lot better.

Inflation is rampant, interest rates are sky high, large export oriented manufacturing companies are re-trenching staff, Turnover of local market manufacturers/supplier and dropping like crazy, while the freakin government spends like crazy on themselves. We could lose GSP+ in the near future and our governer of the CB says that GSP is not that important. Does he even know that a large number of smaller garment factories are running because of this advantage? Thousands will lose their jobs.

Did you guys read about the story regarding the ministry of nation Building that was carried in the news papers a few weeks ago? Less than 10 officials using something like 63 vehicles and a monthly fuel bill of 750,000/- :blink::blink: !!!! And they're supposed to be nation-building!!!????

I mean everything seems to be totally out of control.

What an ass we've made ourselves to the International community as well? Yesterday's papers said that the World Bank is ready to dole us a crisis fund. This is after the govt. went on record to dismiss the IMF and World Bank, refuse their lending at 0.5% and borrow from HSBC at 8% in $$$s!! It's more or less economic scuiscide. Who do they(our govt.) think we are? The USA?

Then of course they leaped into the hugging arms of the Iranian president much to the total surprise of our biggest donors. And what have we got? Nothing tangible so far. They've thrown in US$300m to moderize the oil refinery when the total cost is 3 times that. Where is Mr. Mousche going to find the balance USD600m? HSBC???

Sorry to spoil everyones day but I've just got to learn that if oil hits $150 a barrel, we could run out of forex and there could even be rationing!!!!!!!

As usual I'm very sure they'll say we have to sacrifice to win the war. How can you win or even fight the war when you don't have money for fuel? I think our country is going into the worst economic crisis that we've faced in a long long time. And the worst is yet to come!

I've been feeling depressed and annoyed all Sunday and today as well :angry:, eventhough this was kind of expected. Yes we can blame Bush, China and India but I'm afraid we have to blame the Chinthanaya for screwing up the economy. If our economy was on a better footing we could have weathered the storm a lot better.

Inflation is rampant, interest rates are sky high, large export oriented manufacturing companies are re-trenching staff, Turnover of local market manufacturers/supplier and dropping like crazy, while the freakin government spends like crazy on themselves. We could lose GSP+ in the near future and our governer of the CB says that GSP is not that important. Does he even know that a large number of smaller garment factories are running because of this advantage? Thousands will lose their jobs.

Did you guys read about the story regarding the ministry of nation Building that was carried in the news papers a few weeks ago? Less than 10 officials using something like 63 vehicles and a monthly fuel bill of 750,000/- :blink::blink: !!!! And they're supposed to be nation-building!!!????

What an ass we've made ourselves to the International community as well? Yesterday's papers said that the World Bank is ready to dole us a crisis fund. This is after the govt. went on record to dismiss the IMF and World Bank, refuse their lending at 0.5% and borrow from HSBC at 8% in $$$s!! It's more or less economic scuiscide. Who do they(our govt.) think we are? The USA?

Then of course they leaped into the hugging arms of the Iranian president much to the total surprise of our biggest donors. And what have we got? Nothing tangible so far. They've thrown in US$300m to moderize the oil refinery when the total cost is 3 times that. Where is Mr. Mousche going to find the balance USD600m? HSBC???

Sorry to spoil everyones day but I've just got to learn that if oil hits $150 a barrel, we could run out of forex and there could even be rationing!!!!!!!

As usual I'm very sure they'll say we have to sacrifice to win the war. How can you win or even fight the war when you don't have money for fuel? I think our country is going into the worst economic crisis that we've faced in a long long time. And the worst is yet to come!

well said sir :)

i too heard about the rationing thing... wonder how people will take it if i ever comes to that :(

sadly over the decades politicians always used war as a scapegoat to cover up there misdeeds...

worse thing is that people failing to see the reality for what it is and not some painted over propaganda

well said sir :)

i too heard about the rationing thing... wonder how people will take it if i ever comes to that :(

sadly over the decades politicians always used war as a scapegoat to cover up there misdeeds...

worse thing is that people failing to see the reality for what it is and not some painted over propaganda

With any luck that might be the "straw that breaks the camel's back", so to speak...

while everybody has been looking the other way, MR has essentially become King of Sri Lanka... I mean think about it, No worthy opponent, nobody to stand up and tell him hes making a Royal C*ck up of things, nobody to check the flagrant abuse of public property by him and his minions.... Sri Lanka has basically become a bona fide monarchy, and no one has noticed....

After Many Months of thought i have Decided by the Bajaj CT 100 or a Push Bicycle

:unsure:

Forget the Image. Its time to think about living a simple life. Soon we all will have to eat Ala Bathala.

Not that I am complaining but Just that its better to live a simple without all the Headaches. Its mara Athal though.

Its the Fuel thats gona F**K Us. So let us F**k the Fuel.

Seriously Next Time i am not going to ask my freinds - Ado Whats the New Mods you did to the Sti.

Rather i would be saying - Ado Ada bus eke pick pocket Karayek Ahu Una - U Hamabanaka Kawa.

Soon all the executives in the Companies will wear no Tie, Rather Shorts and Mase Baniyan. Cos no AC and more comfortable.

Its better for the Health TOO.... Day After Tommarrow Is Here !!!! See whats Happening in Maynmar / China / USA.

Read the Prophecies of Nostradamus. Its becoming Reality.

Edited by Velocity