• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Known Lancer Evolutions In Sl

madmax

so the lesson to be learned is, if you come across an Evo haggle as hard as you can lol

Unless it's a very well cared for car. As I know there are only about 3 or 4 cars in that category.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lool forward to seeing it run.. esp at Katu

i thinhk katu got postponed too..it was supposed to be on the 7th of september..i think it got postponed due to security reasons in the country..i doubt there'll be any racing activity left in the 2008 racing calender..i could be very wrong..but i really bl**** hope there will be something..

i thinhk katu got postponed too..it was supposed to be on the 7th of september..i think it got postponed due to security reasons in the country..i doubt there'll be any racing activity left in the 2008 racing calender..i could be very wrong..but i really bl**** hope there will be something..

ohh man! that sucks!! i was SOOOO hoping to go see some races this vacation...

Btw, i love this thread :D

there is another evo 7/8 at a sale in kohuwela...it has a evo 8 front and evo 7 rear end :)

Is this the Yellow one you're talking about? its been there for ages now, hasn't it? I thought it was DD's old one thats changing hands. Never went 'TO' the sale to check it out, so i only know the front :D

Any idea on the asking price?

no this is a blue one with some bad stickers on it etc. initial asking price was 55....but after chatting with the guy some more about different parts of the car. he said offer :)

Edited by fuzzo

Is this the Yellow one you're talking about? its been there for ages now, hasn't it? I thought it was DD's old one thats changing hands. Never went 'TO' the sale to check it out, so i only know the front :D

DDs old yellow one was quoted 6 Mil when it was with P*l* Auto Electricals. Then almost immediately it was at a car sale in Nugegoda (same place where they had a orange 350Z and also a red MRS that they say is "sold" but remains at the sale) and was being quoted 8 Mil!

no this is a blue one with some bad stickers on it etc. initial asking price was 55....but after chatting with the guy some more about different parts of the car. he said offer :)

How much is being quoted for DJ's Evo 8? I can't believe people quoted that high for cut & buds!

hehehe! sounds a LOT like a cut-bud like madmax says i guess.... maybe i found 2 totaled Evos.. a Evo7 with a messed up front a a Evo8 with a messed of rear... and i dawned to the guy "heyyy i'll but both of these and stick'em together!!!" :D

A land like no other. A car that was i think about 6.5 million brand new 5 years ago (correct me if i'm wrong) is now 8.0million..

Dilesh....he is asking 5.6m for the car. Car looks neat. <_<

Dilesh....he is asking 5.6m for the car. Car looks neat. <_<

I was told otherwise by a fellow Autolankan.

Neat or not. do the math and you'll see you're been ripped off!

Lancer Cedia car - Maximum Rs. 2 Mil (I've seen brand new imported G plate ones going for even 1.5Mil )

Conversion kit - Rs. Maximum 500,000

Installation/Interior/Extras etc -RS. 500,000

Total Maximum cost - 3 Mil

Add another healthy profit Margin of Rs. 500,000 and cost still is 3.5 Mil. So bottom line is your getting ripped off Rs. 2 Mil.

Plus the reality is no one wants to buy a conversion that has been done by someone else. I've seen a black Evo 6 convert being advertised without any luck for ages. If someone wants a convert, they prefer getting it done by themselves by a trusted mechanic. Conversion are a low cost alternative to the real thing. There's no point loosing the price advantage. These car sale buggers are trying to make a big buck trying to sell it to un-informed customers.

Edited by madmax

I was told otherwise by a fellow Autolankan.

Neat or not. do the math and you'll see you're been ripped off!

Lancer Cedia car - Maximum Rs. 2 Mil (I've seen brand new imported G plate ones going for even 1.5Mil )

Conversion kit - Rs. Maximum 500,000

Installation/Interior/Extras etc -RS. 500,000

Total Maximum cost - 3 Mil

Add another healthy profit Margin of Rs. 500,000 and cost still is 3.5 Mil. So bottom line is your getting ripped off Rs. 2 Mil.

Plus the reality is no one wants to buy a conversion that has been done by someone else. I've seen a black Evo 6 convert being advertised without any luck for ages. If someone wants a convert, they prefer getting it done by themselves by a trusted mechanic. Conversion are a low cost alternative to the real thing. There's no point loosing price. These car sale buggers are trying to make a big buck trying to sell it to un-informed customers.

true.

• 2 months later...
Wow, I never knew there were TME's in SL! I thought they were rare.

There's a very well kept specimen with Evilmak! and then there's another convert that landed recently. Both silver in color.