• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Known Sti's In Sl

gunat

does anyone know the history of that white WRX ( HX 2002 ) Which has been up on sale for a few months now??

quick?

Known Crashes?

Was this the same car that was brought down by B.R.J.W alongside that Red/Maroon autotriptronic WRX?

I can remember seeing a white WRX with a C/F hood around the same time

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know the history of that white WRX ( HX 2002 ) Which has been up on sale for a few months now??

quick?

Known Crashes?

Was this the same car that was brought down by B.R.J.W alongside that Red/Maroon autotriptronic WRX?

its Mitilas car, as i know his dogs always like to sleep on the CF hood :unsure: , no big crashes only body dents and paint scratch

Edited by GihanFX

quick?

Known Crashes?

Machan it was imported by BRJW and was in immaculate condition, if i recall it had a exhaust, cf hood, hks evc boost controller and a boost gauge fitted inside the ac vent which looked cool. :rolleyes:

saw it today running with a spare wheel in the front

Machan it was imported by BRJW and was in immaculate condition, if i recall it had a exhaust, cf hood, hks evc boost controller and a boost gauge fitted inside the ac vent which looked cool. :rolleyes:

I've seen it those days and recently too. Looks a bit worn out now

its Mitilas car, as i know his dogs always like to sleep on the CF hood :unsure: , no big crashes only body dents and paint scratch

thats a shame :(

i went n looked at it whilst at the sale and wasn't impressed - it just seemed like it had been carelessly used

no crashes is good , but all the rest would lead one to (quite rightly) form an opinion that its been abused and neglected :(

that in turn would also make that asking price ridiuculous and that white EVO VI look like a good buy for someone who's got cashed to burn

quick question -

the two Impreza's in this picture :

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=y0b0l2&a...1&nostamp=1

would i be right to assume that the white one up front is the old Manapperuma car which was blue once upon a time?

(Sti 4? :unsure: )

Fuzzo - 5555 something ya? :unsure:

and what about the car behind it? a STi 2 , 3 or conversion?

or is it the Orangish coloured 3 that was with J.D ? bumper , spoiler etc were different on that car thought...

dunno about Suraweera's sti...but the 2nd car is Janaka Dias's old wrx sti..Sanjeewa san drove it..

i believe the white one was originally black with 555 in the plates.. it's an RA

Nope, that's not it. You're referring to the ex-Manapperuma car and as far as I know that project has been abandoned, even though Shantha still owns it. The car he races/rallies and ran at Fox Hill is one that Dan Dissanayake once owned. His son Sanjaya (who incidentally had a massive wreck in an Evo IV on Friday) raced this car a few years ago at Fox Hill.

Nope, that's not it. You're referring to the ex-Manapperuma car and as far as I know that project has been abandoned, even though Shantha still owns it. The car he races/rallies and ran at Fox Hill is one that Dan Dissanayake once owned. His son Sanjaya (who incidentally had a massive wreck in an Evo IV on Friday) raced this car a few years ago at Fox Hill.

aah ok so thats the same car that i was thinking about as well

i disticnyl remember the Manapperuma car being Blue back in 2001-03 or there about...

but not too many RA's so fuzzo n i are likely on about the same car

KLM where was the crash - street ? Track?

what is this - Evo bashing season? :(

that in turn would also make that asking price ridiuculous and that white EVO VI look like a good buy for someone who's got cashed to burn

I know the history of the Evo VI advertised, genuine car, never tracked. Definitely a good buy!

KLM where was the crash - street ? Track?

what is this - Evo bashing season? :(

Sanjay crashed in qualifying for Fox Hill. It was one of the worst accidents seen there and the car, a rental from Kurunegala, was totalled. Yet, they mucked around with it and brought it to the track in the hope that they could run the SL GT Race 2. Mercifully the scrutineers refused to pass it and that was that.

Sanjay crashed in qualifying for Fox Hill. It was one of the worst accidents seen there and the car, a rental from Kurunegala, was totalled. Yet, they mucked around with it and brought it to the track in the hope that they could run the SL GT Race 2. Mercifully the scrutineers refused to pass it and that was that.

An Evo rental?! Does such a thing exist? And is it possible for us mere mortals to rent one for say two weeks or so at a time?

An Evo rental?! Does such a thing exist? And is it possible for us mere mortals to rent one for say two weeks or so at a time?

Most of these cars are container buds, even Pradeep Jayawardene was running a rented Evo.

Yes, you can. It generally costs Rs. 100,000.00 for a race. And you have to pay for any repairs incurred during the race.

Yes, you can. It generally costs Rs. 100,000.00 for a race. And you have to pay for any repairs incurred during the race.

No kidding? Intriguing...what about for general hire, for a week or two of everyday, 'tame' on road transportation? Are these cars available for that type of rental as well?

Nope, that's not it. You're referring to the ex-Manapperuma car and as far as I know that project has been abandoned, even though Shantha still owns it.

the update on this car is that it is getting a fresh quote of paint and looking street able. when it will come out, i dont know.

No kidding? Intriguing...what about for general hire, for a week or two of everyday, 'tame' on road transportation? Are these cars available for that type of rental as well?

most of these cars do not have valid registrations, so tame road transport is outof the question

most of these cars do not have valid registrations, so tame road transport is outof the question

Ah, the picture is beginning to fill in; right so I guess that's what Madmax meant as well when he said these were 'container bud' cars. Renting an Evo while on vacation is out of the question then. Too bad, for I always find myself at a loss after the first week when the initial excitement at all the familiar sights and sounds wears off. A bit of rental bashing on some back roads every now and then would have spruced things up no end.... B)

• 2 weeks later...
Ah, the picture is beginning to fill in; right so I guess that's what Madmax meant as well when he said these were 'container bud' cars. Renting an Evo while on vacation is out of the question then. Too bad, for I always find myself at a loss after the first week when the initial excitement at all the familiar sights and sounds wears off. A bit of rental bashing on some back roads every now and then would have spruced things up no end.... B)

Kurunegala fellas can do wonders. They run Cygnus's from Maruti registration books.