• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wheels

Faz

Dear all

can anyone tell me what wheel size (through experience) most suit srilankan roads..

10's 12's or 13's cos i'm thinkin of upgrading. I'm not a racer but would

like to have a miglia look on my car. I prefer 10's but need some advice .....

cheers

Faz

Edited by Faz

Hi ..

If u are lokking for 10 inch let me know mate coz i got 4 wheels(including tires).. Mind u 10 inch is comfortable and easy to handle..

Cheers

I've got 10's already thank you very much, I'm looking to upgrade and need advice which size

is best for sl roads

thanks again

Dear all

can anyone tell me what wheel size (through experience) most suit srilankan roads..

cheers

Faz

hi Faz,

10" and 12" with standard tyre rides are more comfortable than 13" rims with low profile tyres. However if your concern is on looks, probably you will select 13" or 12" deep dish wheels (so called mini lite rims though they are not original mini lites).

Only thing is you will have to cut the front fenders and use wide wheel arches if you are going for deep dish 13".

Edited by GMI

yep GMi is correcet..i recon 12 is the ideal size here cos.. tyre prices,availability is good..also u had to do changes to put in 13's im runing 12's in mini ,,also 10's r bit hard to find..

Thanx guys

I am thinkin 0f deep dish 10's (6x10) i like them but how are tens on Sri lankan roads

with alot of rough roads and pot holes will it damage the car?

if you are looking for upgrade your rims better size is 12" coz that size is ok for roads in srilanka :jumping-smiley-013: however im not recommed low profiles and widen wheels with minis really it brings the car good look,but it ill eat alive minis sus and boll joints, :action-smiley-060: but its ok if you are only driving your car in towen areas spicely colombo,and 12'' tyries also not expensive :blink: if you need to buy recondition wheel set dont buy stabless tyries as these tyre's life is short

if you are looking for upgrade your rims better size is 12" coz that size is ok for roads in srilanka :jumping-smiley-013: however im not recommed low profiles and widen wheels with minis really it brings the car good look,but it ill eat alive minis sus and boll joints, :action-smiley-060: but its ok if you are only driving your car in towen areas spicely colombo,and 12'' tyries also not expensive :blink: if you need to buy recondition wheel set dont buy stabless tyries as these tyre's life is short

Thanks magnom

I'll think about it. you've been of great help.

any other suggestions/advice would be much appreciated

cheers

faz

Edited by Faz

• 5 weeks later...
Dear all

cheers

Faz

ok.. for srilankan roads I think it is better to use size 12' wheels. the reasons are

1. a mini is a small car, so if you use size 13' wheels it won't go wih your car. your mini will look like WHEELS not like a MINI.

2. AND if you use size 10' wheels then your car specially your engine will get much closer to the ground. and you know how our roads that have huge humps and holes, and your sump will get damaged.

for better use you can use broad wheels like 165 or 185 and use a low profile tyre like 165-60-12 or 165-55-12 or 185-60-12 like wise

always try to use a low profile tyre if you are using other than size 10' wheels. because otherwise it will be hard to stear withouting power stearing

always try to use a low profile tyre if you are using other than size 10' wheels. because otherwise it will be hard to stear withouting power stearing

I dont think the profile affects how tight your steering is. The Width of the tyre will.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I need to replace my front tires. Looking for 165-55-13.

Haven't had any luck finding them so far. Appreciate if you guys could let me know some place(s) and price(s) pls.

Did you try Eranda (London Mini @ Polhengoda)? He stocks tyres for Minis sometimes.

Edited by Crosswind