• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best 3rd Party Fuel Savers..?

I duno abt those stuff but i mix 1L of Toluene to 20L's of Petrol, and it makes the car smooth, Fast and gud one fuel too

Machan just outta curiosity, how expensive is Toluene? does it come in bulk form or can small quantities be purchased? If so from where?

Edited by Devinda_Z

Hi,

I've heard few Fuel savers Like "Soltron" "Nano Technology" like that.. What you guys think..? What is the Best..? Have you used them.. I have Used "Soltron" few times seems like it's good But hav't done A comparison how much save.. Whats your comments..?

these were discussed before in detail...pls use the search feature...

Machan just outta curiosity, how expensive is Toluene? does it come in bulk form or can small quantities be purchased? If so from where?

Machan it comes in 4L galon, only 1000 Rs, can buy from any chemical store at pettah, but after u open it cant store for long time, after 3, 4 days it start to discolor, then we dnt use it,

If u runing a Modified Ecu u will notice huge diffrence,

In my experience using 95 petrol gives better results and just only Rs.3.00 more you spend and its good for your engine. I have used soltron but I was warned against ALL additives by a knowledgeable family friend that these things some times sort of stir up the things in the petrol tank and may not be good on the long run. Nano I have heard is workable as well. Plan to get one myself. What is does is to make your petrol work like super petrol.

Machan it comes in 4L galon, only 1000 Rs, can buy from any chemical store at pettah, but after u open it cant store for long time, after 3, 4 days it start to discolor, then we dnt use it,

If u runing a Modified Ecu u will notice huge diffrence,

wouldn't that mean to not-waste the stuff you'll have to pump 80 liters of Petrol?!?!?! dont know if this is feasible unless you have 2-3 cars to split the can...

And at Rs.250 a liter how much fuel DOES it save? not being rude, but i'm really curious to see if this stuff really work! thanks!

wouldn't that mean to not-waste the stuff you'll have to pump 80 liters of Petrol?!?!?! dont know if this is feasible unless you have 2-3 cars to split the can...

And at Rs.250 a liter how much fuel DOES it save? not being rude, but i'm really curious to see if this stuff really work! thanks!

normaly we share it between 3 cars, Siver 300ZX (ranga) yellow EK3 and my Subaru, do u belive both ZX and subaru do close to 9km per L and the Honda with a Big Engine 10+

Edited by GihanFX

Its simple as this for me

60L of Fuel + 3L of Toluene cost 8550 Rs, can get around 550 Km, but without Toluene i need 80L of Fuel to do 550Km, thats 10400 Rs, The 3 cars Runing Aftermarket ECU's but dnt know with the Stock Ecu's

thats around a 20% saving!!! WOW!!! wonder why it isnt that popular...

Nano I have heard is workable as well. Plan to get one myself. What is does is to make your petrol work like super petrol.

Check this site http://fuelsaving.info/. This is an excellent site on fuel saving devices.

It is maintained by an engineer who specializes in internal combustion engines. I write to that guy asking about these nano fuel saving devices. As I suspected, they do not work. If they did, the vehicle manufacturer would have already included such a device wouldn't they? After all, they spend millions of dollars in R&D on improving the fule economy, if a small tube containing nano particles can give 20% improvement, they would have definitely included it, wouldn't they? IMHO, almost all of these fuel saving devices are hoaxes, and people are robbed of millions of dollars each year by the companies who manufacture these crap. So I would advise everyone I come across, "please do not waste your hard earned money on these so called fuel saving devices"

Here is my mail to Tony (from fuelsaving) and his reply:

----------------------------------

Hi,

First of all, let me congratulate you on the great service you are rendering to society.

Have you seen http://www.nanotechnology.net.nz/

Can it, at least in theory, improve the fuel efficiency?

--

Thanks

Az

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your message, glad you like the site.

In my opinion at least, the answer is "no". Infra-red light is absorbed by fuel molecules, and if you could somehow "beam" the IR into the cylinder at the point of combustion it might have an effect. But even assuming the device really does produce IR (and assuming it can get through the metal fuel pipe!), I don't see any way the effect can persist long enough to make a difference.

Interesting is to compare the two "fuel economy" tests quoted on their page ( http://www.nanotechnology.net.nz/test.htm )

Before fitting: 12.6 km/l

After fitting: 12.5 km/l

So fitting the device has made the economy worse...

Yours,

Tony

--------------------------------------------

Hi,

I've heard few Fuel savers Like "Soltron" "Nano Technology" like that.. What you guys think..? What is the Best..? Have you used them.. I have Used "Soltron" few times seems like it's good But hav't done A comparison how much save.. Whats your comments..?

This article should provide some insight about fuel additives http://fuelsaving.info/fuel_additives.htm

hmmm just from whats floating around on the net its apparently a clear pollutant and is quite toxic in nature :unsure:

After u Mix Toluene the smell from the Exhaust is different, and the Engine sound will be less, BTW its says 17L (93 Octane) + 1L (Toluene) = 114 Octane, not bad huh, why dnt u give a try Dev ?

[Dear AZ,

exactly you are correct. I also thought on the same manner and I managed to find a fuel saver free of charge and fixed it to my honda about 6 months back.

No improvement on fuel. Guranteed no use of fixing those type of toys to cars. :D:D:D