• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do You Auto Gurus Know The Make Of This Car ??

Nitro

Nice car, a bit strange for 11 sri car. looks like based on some old car chassis hugly modified.

noticed it is with power shutters as well, someone done a nice job ..

Yeah I know what it is.... it's a Mitsubishi Lancer Box Model Car. All it's Body, Engine & Interior is modified...!!! & the funny thing is It has Meter sets in Both Diver & Passenger sides.....

hey hey a nice way to spend some money over an dead car (11 SRI ) may be u like the old style number but even the number is not soo special to spend alot of money over this & looks too bulky and too much bling bling (just a personal thought )

as a car model from the back it looks like an integra from the front like an mitsubishi lancer (even though i don't kw much)i don't kw whats under the trunk but may be thats not even original too

:blink: feels like its a big gigsaw puzzle ...of a combination of left overs of alot of automakers may be now at last u can brand this as your own (______ auto engeneers) but nice creative work though technically it's a flop

at some point in what has appeared to be a long career, this car was a Mitsubishi Lancer, Most likely the "Lancer Box" or even the earlier model... This much has been stated, but not actually confirmed... this was hearsay from a recent motorshow, where it was a featured attraction, I believe Peri has some pics.

quite what the objective of it's current appearance was, it is difficult to say, apart from perhaps a need for err..... "artistic expression"...

The only bits that can be identified are the taillights, which seem to have come off a DC5 Honda Integra/Acura RSX, and the dashboard itself, where the AC controls are definitely off a CK series Lancer, and the instrument binnacle(S) which seem to be again CK series Lancer, but in duplicate!

someone also mentioned that this has a 4G63 under the hood, but dont know quite how accurate that is...

Wonders never cease i suppose!

I recently saw this car being taken into the Bergerya(spelling?) mount hotel... when I inquired from what one of the Sec guards as to what the function was- he said that its a meeting of a local motor racing club and this was the sponsors car or something. I'm sure the Audience appreciated it in all its glory :)

while we are on the topic of cars that have lost its original outer shell what happened to that yellow Ferrari kitcar? last we spoke of it some time ago i remember some one mentioning that it too had bit of a run in with the RMV

while we are on the topic of cars that have lost its original outer shell what happened to that yellow Ferrari kitcar? last we spoke of it some time ago i remember some one mentioning that it too had bit of a run in with the RMV

I saw it on the road a couple of days ago. I thought it was an MX5 underneath!? So why should the RMV have a problem with that?

Anyway there should be a way that kit cars are registered. If I remember right the Westfield Megabusa was put together here and registered.

• 4 years later...

It does actually have a 4G63 under the hood...and this car changes almost every month. Becomes worse everyday sadly. But something must be told here. Its

the talent that our Sri Lankan Fabs and Panel beaters have. True it might not be very tasteful but if they can achieve this much with a 11 Sri Car, with some good leadership and good design maybe SL can produce a good car...someday hopefully!