• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Insurance

DCL

Hi Guys,

So sorry If I start a Old thread again.Don't know whether you guys knw abt this info by now , anyway just wanted to share the info I got.

Ok now this is it. I just wanted to see the prices which Insurance companies quote for a 3milllion worth insurance.

V*P 3 in one : Rs.84500/=(With 20% ML discount)

J*nshakthi : Rs.55000/=

Didn't went to SLIC coz my father had a really bad experience with them.

V*P

But you knw guys there are hidden catches in Both of above insurance. Even though V*P bost abt there 3 in 1 saying "Kochchara heppunath No claim bonus"(NCB remains even there's a number of accident), well this is only valid until the accident you met prove that there is nothing wrong in your side means if you are the one who responsible for the accident there will be no NCB for you. So when you pay you annual insurance after that you have to pay Initial premium + 20% discount you got :jumping-smiley-013: As an example if you take above figures after an accident which I responsible your next time premium will be Rs.100543/= :violent-smiley-030:

J*nshakthi

Catch in this policy is the two other insurances you get with Motor insurance(House insurance & Life insurance). House insurance only pays the if the House got damage not the house holds & etc. Also since it mention in there quatation Lightning & fire, this will be specific to these reasons only.

Abt the life insuarance you get here not like the other normal life insurance, It has to be accident which you were suppose to be in the insured car. No insurance for other reasons. :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

See how these companies misleading the consumer. There giving a totally different picture in the advertising.

And also guys Comparing the Premium difference what do you think which one is the worth? :unsure:

Thanks ,

DCL

My personal preference is SLIC. I was quoted little over Rs100K for 7 Million recently, so comparing the prices you gave, mine seems to be a deal. However the efficiency/ability of your insurance agent matters a lot, because in case of a claim he can act and get things done for you quickly.

My personal preference is SLIC. I was quoted little over Rs100K for 7 Million recently, so comparing the prices you gave, mine seems to be a deal. However the efficiency/ability of your insurance agent matters a lot, because in case of a claim he can act and get things done for you quickly.

Surprised to hear DCL had a bad experience with SLIC...in the last 2 years or so all the people I know who are with them and had to claim had very good experiences because they are very revamped now (F**** P*** and all) compared to the old days. I have eagle myself, i think around 50k for a 3 million worth.

funny...i paid 36k for 1.1 on me ae100 sprinter :angry-smiley-048:

bloody FP was created by us too in advertising :violent-smiley-030:

I personally prefer J*nshakthi. i used to be with them for over 5 years, im very happy about their service on response when accident happen, and their garage service (even though it take some time, but work quality is superb). I pay 71K for 4M (with all possible covers +after 50% no claim bonus + 3 installments)

Guys,

What do you think about there tricky advertising? aren't you all not surprise to hear that there is something hidden in all of these? or already knw that da? :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:

Edited by DCL

Surprised to hear DCL had a bad experience with SLIC...in the last 2 years or so all the people I know who are with them and had to claim had very good experiences because they are very revamped now (F**** P*** and all) compared to the old days. I have eagle myself, i think around 50k for a 3 million worth.

Well SeanD it's not me ,my father.

Well guys I took Quotation from SLIC as well . For 3 Mill it's Rs.64833.61/=

So which is your recommendation? I'm thinking abt J*nashakthi since they are the cheapest one among these 3!!

Guys,

You must remember quotations rely on a number of factors including the type of coverage (for example in some policies things like windscreens and glass are not includes and there are other exceptions, some covers do not include terrorism cover) the No Claim Bonus you are claiming (some of you might not have driven for that long to qualify for the maximum no claim bonus) the type of car you drive (some cars like the Toyota Corollas are cheaper to repair than others) etc.

So if you are going to compare policies or compare the policies you have to each others then you have to take all of these factors into consideration not just the value of the car.

H*N Assurance charged our vios some 58k inclusive of 15% VAT in 2006. Insured for 2.2mil

Comprehensive cover including terrorism as well... no exceptions.

so far haven't claimed anything, so got 15% NCB for 2 years.

just curious, but how many of you have claimed insurance for big accidents/damages (say over 75,000).. and was this accident due to your fault or someone else's?

In my personal opinion dishing out for an accident you might have say once in 3-4 years might still be cheaper than paying the higher premium of about 50k a year. (thus recommendation: 3rd party- Rs.950a year :D)

just curious, but how many of you have claimed insurance for big accidents/damages (say over 75,000).. and was this accident due to your fault or someone else's?

In my personal opinion dishing out for an accident you might have say once in 3-4 years might still be cheaper than paying the higher premium of about 50k a year. (thus recommendation: 3rd party- Rs.950a year :D)

always expect the unexpected. its called an accident cos it happens without notice! :rolleyes:

always expect the unexpected. its called an accident cos it happens without notice! :rolleyes:

My car is KI series and met with an two accidents. first one costs 46000 SLR and other one was big one . It was with paralel with Minister DM dassanayake bom blast. just imagine it was huge. i was with V*P and they paid evry thing. premimum was 64000 SLR. so beetr go for the comprehensive.

Edited by sunny123

I pay 47000 for 1.5m vitz.. V.*.P on the spot

but I've claimed bout 135000.........three accidents 1. by my wife( she drove into a bus..(ashoka leland) :angry-smiley-048:

2. by a drunk three wheel driver :action-smiley-060:

3. by me Crazy biker hit on ma right fender and took off da front bumper too.. <_<

Edited by DarkangeL

thought on the same lines when SL*C quoted 42k as my premium and drove around colombo paying just 950 as premium and was lucky to have 3 minor accidents which didn't cost me at least 5k to repaint, and if u search on this forum you'll find the very similar response i made few months back :rolleyes: but later got a good deal on this through my employer and got it done for 25k and met with 2 slightly major accidents after that and now i know the value of insuring and mind you its playing with the probability and risk. coz you never know :ninja:

The main problem is this machan, What would you do if your vehicle is stolen or robbed?

thats something that i never put into the equation all this time. Starting to worry about this a bit now. :mellow:

Always have a good theft cover machan, it will give you peace. Paying 50k for the annual premium is way better than loosing 2 or 3 millions.

But in SL there is no 'Third party Fire and Theft' cover available if I am not mistaken cos in j********i they have the theft cover only with comprehensive cover. Don't know about other companies.