• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Who Is Using Highspeed Internet In Sri Lanka?

oops.. sorry. i've made a mistake. all of them are Download not Upload.. try this....

http://www.dvdvideos...-to-YouTube.htm

sorry again..

Be weary about "free" programs claiming to provide stuff that simply cannot be done. There are no upload accelerators. If there is such a program you have to have an agent program running at the server accepting multiple streams of data coming in and be able to concat those into a single file. Certainly there will be no such thing for youtube. Just sayin'

Thanks Nirosha for the link.

I downloaded the software --however my upload speed is soooooo slow - that the uploads failed!!

The problem with my package is that - it has become slow after i exceeded the 2/3 GB monthly quota. But the slow connection offered by Dialog is not sufficient for downloading or uploading.

I think the best connection is Mobitel --according to the test given above by you - Nirosha.

http://www.trc.gov.l...st-results.html

http://www.trc.gov.l...march-2011.html

actually i dont upload things much (most of the time pictures and videos to FB).

you can reduce the size of the video. I think best way to convert your videos into 3gp format.

you tube supported video formats: http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=55744

well I have both Mobitel (standard 1GB, monthly rs. 240/-) and Airtel (unlimited, monthly rs. 340/- per 5GB quota) conn.s.

Mobitel is very good. it has good coverage and downspeed (most of the time max speed has reached 1.6Mbps or even more at kelaniya, thummulla) Airtel good at it covered areas.(I use it at my work place, thummula. most of the time it reaches 2Mbps downspeed. therefor I use it to download films and large programs biggrin.gif. but at my home i cant even connectsad.gif)

Be weary about "free" programs claiming to provide stuff that simply cannot be done.

yeap. most of the web sites and tools, applications available in net better to use with caution. bcs they could contain malwares.

Be weary about "free" programs claiming to provide stuff that simply cannot be done. There are no upload accelerators. If there is such a program you have to have an agent program running at the server accepting multiple streams of data coming in and be able to concat those into a single file. Certainly there will be no such thing for youtube. Just sayin'

well. I think it could be done. bcs such things done using script codes. one can change these scripts using some tools. therefore I think it is possible.. just my two cents..

well. I think it could be done. bcs such things done using script codes. one can change these scripts using some tools. therefore I think it is possible.. just my two cents..

No. Take it from people who work in the IT industry.

There is a 'SpeedBit video accelerator' installed ---doesn't help for uploads. It works only when watching a video -- but not really sure whether it helps. Any others to try? thanks in advance.

For me that SpeedBit Video Accelerator did not help at all. But one thing I noticed about the Download Accelerator was that, when used on a Multiple computer Network which shares one internet connection, it succeeds garbing most of the bandwidth of the connection, leaving the other computers on the network with slow internet..

For me that SpeedBit Video Accelerator did not help at all. But one thing I noticed about the Download Accelerator was that, when used on a Multiple computer Network which shares one internet connection, it succeeds garbing most of the bandwidth of the connection, leaving the other computers on the network with slow internet..

from my experience internet download manager(IDM) is the best it,very easy to use it actually boost your download speed.

I think most of the ppl misunderstand that what is the Speed of the Link. There is significant difference in Wireless Broadband and Wireline broadband technologies. I will simply explain it without much more technical wordings.

Wireless Broadband:

Dialog, Mobitel and SLT Wimax technologies falls under Wireless Broadband

Wireline Broadband.

SLT ADSL is only the wireline Briadband available in Sri Lanka Now. Future SLT will provide fiber optics broadband to residential customers which can provide even 1000 Mbps connectivity.

Your Overall Internet Speed depends on the four factors.

1. Access Speed

Followings are the maximum speed of each technologies

ADSL - 26 Mbps ( Dedicated per User)

3G - 7.2 Mbps ( Shared by users in a cell)

Wimax - 50 Mbps ( Shared by users in a cell)

2. Transport Network Speed

This is the network that all local internet traffic passes.

SLT has 1Gbps transport network for very adsl exchange

Dialog/Mobitel has Multiple of E1 (2Mbps) levels. But not much higher as SLT provided link.

3. International BW

Don't have much idea about it. But SLT has greator speed than others.

4. Server Speed.

Web server speed also a considerable factor when you are downloading.

Finally internet speed vary depending on the all above factors.

Note: Dialog/Mobitel market their product by telling only the access speed even though they dont hv much rich transport network. Hence i doubt that how the 7.2 Mbps can provide every users simultaneously.

SLT market their product by telling actual internet speed what customer can provide without telling that internet speed is 26 Mpbs which is the ADSL maximum speed.

I hopes u may get some idea about that.

I think most of the ppl misunderstand that what is the Speed of the Link. There is significant difference in Wireless Broadband and Wireline broadband technologies. I will simply explain it without much more technical wordings.

Wireless Broadband:

Dialog, Mobitel and SLT Wimax technologies falls under Wireless Broadband

Wireline Broadband.

SLT ADSL is only the wireline Briadband available in Sri Lanka Now. Future SLT will provide fiber optics broadband to residential customers which can provide even 1000 Mbps connectivity.

Your Overall Internet Speed depends on the four factors.

1. Access Speed

Followings are the maximum speed of each technologies

ADSL - 26 Mbps ( Dedicated per User)

3G - 7.2 Mbps ( Shared by users in a cell)

Wimax - 50 Mbps ( Shared by users in a cell)

2. Transport Network Speed

This is the network that all local internet traffic passes.

SLT has 1Gbps transport network for very adsl exchange

Dialog/Mobitel has Multiple of E1 (2Mbps) levels. But not much higher as SLT provided link.

3. International BW

Don't have much idea about it. But SLT has greator speed than others.

4. Server Speed.

Web server speed also a considerable factor when you are downloading.

Finally internet speed vary depending on the all above factors.

Note: Dialog/Mobitel market their product by telling only the access speed even though they dont hv much rich transport network. Hence i doubt that how the 7.2 Mbps can provide every users simultaneously.

SLT market their product by telling actual internet speed what customer can provide without telling that internet speed is 26 Mpbs which is the ADSL maximum speed.

I hopes u may get some idea about that.

• 1 month later...

Wow you guys are really getting screwed! I used to live in SL but now I live in Pakistan. I enjoy 1Mbps connectivity with no usage limits for PKR 1,000 per month that's around LKR 1,300. Faster connections are also available. For instance 2,000 PKR buys you a 4mbps connection. Of course its not Japan where you can get a 1gbps connection for 50 usd!

Wow you guys are really getting screwed! I used to live in SL but now I live in Pakistan. I enjoy 1Mbps connectivity with no usage limits for PKR 1,000 per month that's around LKR 1,300. Faster connections are also available. For instance 2,000 PKR buys you a 4mbps connection. Of course its not Japan where you can get a 1gbps connection for 50 usd!

Oh joy.... Another Pakistan fan. What, is there an initiative to get people to move there or something? :rolleyes:

I am facing very bad time with Mobitel. Earlier it was good (normal package 1GB per month for Rs. 240.00). But currently it is very bad in Kelaniya area. I think its due to their new 4G stuff...wink.gif

I feel my SLT ADSL is really slow since last couple of weeks, It's download speed is almost like 9.5Kbps and i do go to video lessons (to do my studies http://tv.adobe.com/). Previously the lessons were loaded really fast and now its so slow, complained couple of times via 1243 but no improvement. I live in Malabe.

Does anyone experienced the same recently? [Living in that area specially.]

I am facing very bad time with Mobitel. Earlier it was good (normal package 1GB per month for Rs. 240.00). But currently it is very bad in Kelaniya area. I think its due to their new 4G stuff...wink.gif

I think we both are experience the same effect of SLT ......

I think we both are experience the same effect of SLT ......

I dont have any experience with SLT land line connections resently.

I've complained few times to Mobitel. But useless. Only thing they (technical dept.) done is analyze the my connection and said that there is a problem in our area, due to simultaneous connections at the same time, and they will make a complaint to increase the band width (or something i cant remember). And that's all.action-smiley-060.gif

I dont have any experience with SLT land line connections resently.

I've complained few times to Mobitel. But useless. Only thing they (technical dept.) done is analyze the my connection and said that there is a problem in our area, due to simultaneous connections at the same time, and they will make a complaint to increase the band width (or something i cant remember). And that's all.action-smiley-060.gif

'Nirosha',

I use SLT land line which gives very low speed it is average to 250kbps goes up to 450 kbps. Have Mobilel Diolog and Airtel Sims I was told Etiselat had increased the speed by the Etiselat agent I want to try same will inform to the forum their speeds.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

im in wattala... have the 8gb package and so far...mobitel is working A ok for me.

earlier i was with dialog and the connection was beyond crappy.

even google took a while to load :)

i mostly use the connection in wattala and colombo 3 and it works just fine.

my sis use the 4gb connection in kelaniya without any issues.

maybe the tower closest to you gets packed up pretty fast or something

I'm using SLT 1mb unlimited package (landline) and it's working really well for me.

All downloads are between 115-124KBps almost all the time.

Browsing is totally fine but there are occasional hiccups when watching streaming videos.

It's not great for online gaming though, always having about 350-550 milliseconds lag.

im in wattala... have the 8gb package and so far...mobitel is working A ok for me.

earlier i was with dialog and the connection was beyond crappy.

even google took a while to load :)

i mostly use the connection in wattala and colombo 3 and it works just fine.

my sis use the 4gb connection in kelaniya without any issues.

maybe the tower closest to you gets packed up pretty fast or something

'Ripper',

Most of us use the cheapest connection available by the provider. Because this system is a shared system due to that usage speed drops.

ISDN Digital line if you use both lines you will get steady speed of 125 Kbps. But you will get charged as a normal telephone call 1 Line I minute 1 call two lines 2 calls.This system is out dated now SLT do not offer the System it is very reliable.

My Mobitel I used few months back at Jaffna town it worked very well.

Yesterday I bought Etiselat Sim I will give the result.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Ripper',

Most of us use the cheapest connection available by the provider. Because this system is a shared system due to that usage speed drops.

ISDN Digital line if you use both lines you will get steady speed of 125 Kbps. But you will get charged as a normal telephone call 1 Line I minute 1 call two lines 2 calls.This system is out dated now SLT do not offer the System it is very reliable.

My Mobitel I used few months back at Jaffna town it worked very well.

Yesterday I bought Etiselat Sim I will give the result.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I was trying to install the Sim and get the service of Etisalat but it never worked so I complained to their hot line that has a recording takes about 10 minutes to answer by a agent finally the send a young chap with not much of knowledge to install the Sim he too failed now it is postponed to Thursday the main office contacted me to conform same. Will inform later what the speed and all information.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 1 year later...