• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

California: Police Raid Car Enthusiast Gathering

Pericles

xXx,

Go back and re-read your first post. Just because you started you statement with "don't take it as a personal bashing" doesn't mean that it's not. The fact that you began your statement with such a qualification indicates that in your mind you already knew that it is a bashing. This is the internet and keyboard warriors are all over the place. Pointing out a silly statement is not playing dirty, IMO. but you're entitled to your opinion.

You may want to get your facts straight before jumping into a discussion and make a blanket statement as you have on your two statements. Since we are discussing the traffic law issues in CALIFORNIA, lets bring it back to the topic at hand.

First of all, your issues with getting a visa has as much to do with this discussion topic as discussing what you had for dinner last night. Secondly, what facts do you base your argument on? Is there somekind of a statistics that you're aware of that no one else know about? Or are you just "speaking out of your ass?"

I'm not here to get into these petty and stupid little mindless arguments with someone who's bitter about something and making mindless comments. So if you know of ANY facts to show us all that the "brown people", as you mentioned are prosecuted by others getting traffic tickets or that a visa to another country is denide on the basis of trafic violations from your contry men, please feel free to post up those studies and facts.

If you're having trouble in SL with the cops and them taking away whatever and you need to get whatever to keep your car or it's modification, welcome to the club. We all have to go through crap to deal with the law. However, I'm not going to go around making statements holding a Sri Lankan responsible for crap that goes on over here, which you happen to be doing in reverse order.

Try and see if you can keep in topic and discuss this issue intelligently so you don't have to "degrade your self to my low level"

If you want to keep talking shit, I'm a master at that, so if the admins are okay with it, roll up your sleeve and let's have at it. Otherwise you may want to go cry about your life issues to someone else as I certainly don't give a flying F**** about it.

Hi Mani

Please calm down, I do think you have very slightly misunderstood comments made by xXX.

What he seems to be saying (according to my own interpretation obviously) is that sometimes the actions of a few cause an entire community to get a bad name and then have a knock on effect on other things like immigration.

For example over where I live in London Asian and Black drivers are more likely to be pulled up by the Police rather than Caucasian drivers simply because of the involvement of a minority in car crime. And this is based on a study done by if I remember correctly the Metropolitan Police or a related stage agency.

Also sadly the Sri Lankan community in the UK has also attracted attention for being involved in fraud specifically credit card and identity fraud, again because of the actions of a minority. As a result Sri Lanka was chosen as the country to pilot the finger printing scheme which every Sri Lankan has to go through before getting a visa. (This scheme has now obviously been expanded to other countries)

So xXx does have a point ....

So there is no need for this to degenerate in to a mud slinging match.

I know why you might feel very strongly about some of the things which have been said, but I still think as adults it must be possible for us to have a heated yet good natured discussion / argument.

What do you think ?

If you want to keep talking shit, I'm a master at that

You just proved that point very well.

I knew you may take this personnel that’s why I started my post with that specific statement. As I said in my previous post the whole point of listing immigration as an example is that we all can easily relate to it.

No there’s no direct relationship between traffic violations and difficulties surrounding obtaining a visa. My point is all these ‘stunts’ from a minor offense as not paying a parking ticket to benefit fraud to counterfeiting, add up and can tarnish the reputation of entire communities. In the end majority end up paying the price for the actions of handful of these stunt men. For someone who went through lot of trouble to understand my psyche you did a miserable job in figure out my simple argument other than clinging on to few phrases. May be you should stick to your day job next time.

Don, you got it spot on mate.

My good man don’t assume everyone in sri lanka is depressed and unhappy and they all want to leave the country.

Edited by xXx

You just proved that point very well.

I knew you may take this personnel that’s why I started my post with that specific statement. As I said in my previous post the whole point of listing immigration as an example is that we all can easily relate to it.

So let me make sure that I understand this. You compared a traffic ticket issue to an immigration issue. While we are at it, lets also talk about the credit card fraud that's going on in UK and see how we can tie that into the traffic ticket laws in the US. That may make some sense to you but most of us see no relation between the two. Then again, I can't possibly meet the level of your intelect when it comes to California traffic laws. You seems to know the process inside and out. :action-smiley-034:

No there’s no direct relationship between traffic violations and difficulties surrounding obtaining a visa.

Then why the hell are you bringing it up? Good god man, are you high or something?

My point is all these ‘stunts’ from a minor offense as not paying a parking ticket to benefit fraud to counterfeiting, add up and can tarnish the reputation of entire communities. In the end majority end up paying the price for the actions of handful of these stunt men. For someone who went through lot of trouble to understand my psyche you did a miserable job in figure out my simple argument other than clinging on to few phrases. May be you should stick to your day job next time.

What does the BS above have to do with the topic at hand? Is reading and comprehending a challenge for you? Oh and keep my day job? That's funny! hope you didn't have to think too long about that. It'd be unfortunate for you to get a headache over this.

This topic is about CALIFORNIA TRAFFIC LAWS. Not about why they kicked you out of the travel visa office. :bye:

Don, you got it spot on mate.

My good man don’t assume everyone in sri lanka is depressed and unhappy and they all want to leave the country.

Again...... Take this really slow....... here you go... READ & COMPREHENSION is a key factor in a forum which you seems to sorely lack. Where in any of my posts do you see me generalizing all Sri Lankans? This is directed directly to you, no one else.

Are you always in the habit of reading about an orange and commenting about an apple? You're either smoking some exotic tobacco or got your underwear on too tight. Try and see if you can come up with a post that remotly related to this perticular topic witout bringing your family history into it. My guess is you can't. One recommendation for you. Might want to open a topic titled why you can't get a travel visa, since you're so hard up on it. I'll come over there and talk to you about global warming.

Edited by Mani

boys! go easy! both of you!

running through both your posts i see you've both misunderstood each other... i personally don't see traffic offences affecting immigration... they're not crimes... at least not severly punishable... so dragging a court case till an accusing officer gets fed up of pursuing it is just laziness on his part... it's just a loophole and i'm sure we take advantage of these things in any part of the world... doesn't make it a criminal offence...

on the other hand most lankan motorists (including me) would have to be tried for bribing traffic cops to get away and THAT is a crime... :) now please lay down your arms thank you...

boys! go easy! both of you!

running through both your posts i see you've both misunderstood each other... i personally don't see traffic offences affecting immigration... they're not crimes... at least not severly punishable... so dragging a court case till an accusing officer gets fed up of pursuing it is just laziness on his part... it's just a loophole and i'm sure we take advantage of these things in any part of the world... doesn't make it a criminal offence...

on the other hand most lankan motorists (including me) would have to be tried for bribing traffic cops to get away and THAT is a crime... :) now please lay down your arms thank you...

Sharkster,

C'mon brother, I was just starting to have some fun with this fruit salad :grinning-smiley-003:

Edited by Mani

you are a lost cause. people who can read and understand beyond 5th grade level received and acknowledged my point. that's all that matters

i got ur point and am happy that you think that way!

its the same anywhere.....from school days, where u get punished for ur set-fit! :action-smiley-060:

a whole class getting punished for what a few did!

(of course this has nothing to do with california traffic laws!) :rolleyes:

chill mates!

Christ boys. Mods take a day off to watch the races and this goes on. Well, at least its been resolved.

Anyhoo, its just a parallel that xXx is making.

Also, this was supposed to be about the abuse of power by cops. No just cause in the given article.

Interesting question. I was stopped at a traffic point for no reason and the cops were all set to write a ticket coz my bulb over the number plate has burned out. I told him I didn't know about it. (I didn't. Usually can't see this kinda thing from inside the car which is where I am when the lights are on) Point is, he can't see that until I go past him, so it is right to stop me and THEN look for offenses? If nothing had been wrong, I would have been stopped for nothing.

However, that happens aplenty coz they stop people to check for drunk drivers. Is even this right? Not like these guys were weaving all over when stopped.

Interesting question. I was stopped at a traffic point for no reason and the cops were all set to write a ticket coz my bulb over the number plate has burned out. I told him I didn't know about it. (I didn't. Usually can't see this kinda thing from inside the car which is where I am when the lights are on) Point is, he can't see that until I go past him, so it is right to stop me and THEN look for offenses? If nothing had been wrong, I would have been stopped for nothing.

However, that happens aplenty coz they stop people to check for drunk drivers. Is even this right? Not like these guys were weaving all over when stopped.

when SOME cops want to find money to Drink tey, they even look for the number plate color, bulbs etc, Fortunatly im very lucky with my Subaru, i go every where, only stoped like 5 times out of CMB, and once at Moratuwa, no complains abt the huge noice or anything just to check im drunk or not, but i think the Airforce checkpoint near pila hate me, every day they stop me there and write down my ID Details lol :action-smiley-060:

Edited by GihanFX

driving in a straight line when quite drunk isn't hard (at least not for me)... gauging the distance between you and objects around you on the road is what's difficult...

disclaimer... before someone goes all out to shoot me down, i've only ever driven drunk once cos i had a bad mix of 'substances'... :)

driving in a straight line when quite drunk isn't hard (at least not for me)... gauging the distance between you and objects around you on the road is what's difficult...

disclaimer... before someone goes all out to shoot me down, i've only ever driven drunk once cos i had a bad mix of 'substances'... :)

OT Sharky

Today at COMMONS i saw a legacy like ur one with a 19- plate bt not sure is it ur one or not :unsure:

Edited by GihanFX

Also everything arround your seems to happen slower and sloooower and slowwwweeeerr ........... basically reaction speeds diminishes !