• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Box

fatjoe

Question

Hi guys, I have a Misubishi Lancer ( Box Model) YOM 1980. I'm thinking of replacing the engine with power steering. What do guys suggest? What's the engine that I can go for? What else should I replace? Where do you think the best to find this? And the rough cost. I immidiatly wanna replace the Carburetor for the existing engine. I would appreciate if you guys can suggest a place to buy this.

Cheers

Did a overhaul. Gave up da Idea of replacing da engine. Still want a carburetor. Checked at " BMC WATTA" what they say is to modify and replace a C11 Carburetor.

'fatjoe',

It is best to modify the carburetor where do you have your car in or out of Colombo.

sylvi wijesinghe.

'fatjoe',

It is best to modify the carburetor where do you have your car in or out of Colombo.

sylvi wijesinghe.

Colombo

What are the pros n cons? does C11 carb' go with lancer box? I remba watta guy told me to shut a water line and insert da bolts from top instead from bottom. Din get it properly any idea?

Fatjoe as a fellow Lancer driver I strongly suggest that you DONT LISTEN TO THE WATTA FELLOWS ADVICE and dont go in for a C11 carb and try to modify it,it will only meess things up in your car,they will tell anything to sell something

if you search carefully im sure you can get a recon lancer box carb in colombo or try the net and brin one down fron Phillipes where its very popular

btw,what color is ur car? and what was wrong with the original carb

Did a overhaul. Gave up da Idea of replacing da engine. Still want a carburetor. Checked at " BMC WATTA" what they say is to modify and replace a C11 Carburetor.

Edited by carboy2011

try amila at dehiwela....and also union place.....

Tnx bro. U got a number?

Fatjoe as a fellow Lancer driver I strongly suggest that you DONT LISTEN TO THE WATTA FELLOWS ADVICE and dont go in for a C11 carb and try to modify it,it will only meess things up in your car,they will tell anything to sell something

if you search carefully im sure you can get a recon lancer box carb in colombo or try the net and brin one down fron Phillipes where its very popular

btw,what color is ur car? and what was wrong with the original carb

I do agree with you on the carb modification. These buggas will refrigerators to Eskimos. :) Yes I was thinking Philipines option but ma problem is without seen it first hand, U aren't sure for at least 15-20 yer old parts.and will dey ship it here and cost. I will lokk around bit more. Problem with carb is it is not doing a good job in fuel consuption, pulling poer and it also has some misfires. About da colour it was red and I changed it to black

Tnx bro. U got a number?

I do agree with you on the carb modification. These buggas will refrigerators to Eskimos. :) Yes I was thinking Philipines option but ma problem is without seen it first hand, U aren't sure for at least 15-20 yer old parts.and will dey ship it here and cost. I will lokk around bit more. Problem with carb is it is not doing a good job in fuel consuption, pulling poer and it also has some misfires. About da colour it was red and I changed it to black

Hay,

Check this , I had the same kind of a issue . now its done.

many places i visit said the same story to fix a recondition carb . but finally its Done.

http://forum.autolanka.com/Index.php?/topic/9898-repair-carburetor/page__p__141668__hl__mensoft__fromsearch__1#entry141668

As my mac said most of the time fuel consumption not only the carb issue. its electric current issue too.

Edited by mensoft

If I'm to fix a HID kit for LB, what type of Kit should I get? I tot of buying it on E bay coz its cheaper. If I'm to order them what type or brand should I get? Great if you can put some links to couple of ebay ads.

TNX. Appreciate it.

If I'm to fix a HID kit for LB, what type of Kit should I get? I tot of buying it on E bay coz its cheaper. If I'm to order them what type or brand should I get? Great if you can put some links to couple of ebay ads.

TNX. Appreciate it.

any Idea guys? If you can spare couple of minitues.

any Idea guys? If you can spare couple of minitues.

i don't thinks fixing a Hid kit to a non projector headlights car is a good thing any ways if you are going to buy one go for bi xenon kit as for the brand try philips or bosch as for the color temperature try 4300k.

Tnx mate. So fixing a HID kit on a non projector headlights doesn't give the full capability of HID? On a different note, instead of standard yellow bulbs what if LED florescent colour bulbs are fixed? Does it enhance the visibility?

Edited by fatjoe

Tnx mate. So fixing a HID kit on a non projector headlights doesn't give the full capability of HID? On a different note, instead of standard yellow bulbs what if LED florescent colour bulbs are fixed? Does it enhance the visibility?

you can say that the problem is you can't properly align them for optimal use and glare from them can blind other drivers.

i don't have experience with LED's but i heard the light spread is not good like in halogen lamps.

sorry for the delay buds. i was outta country. u can find lancer box engines at niroshan motors in wattala. they have old car engines. ive seen VW beetle parts, lancer engines and nissan b12, b13 engines and parts.

hope my info is useful and my delay was inevitable.

c11 carbs is ok. practically same engine. c12 is different. c12 has electric valves to operate the carb. you will have to replace distributors as well if u go fot that. fixing bolts from top and bottom are not a prob. fixing from top means the thread is on the manifold and u fix the bolt from top four corners of the carb. fixing from bottom means the thread is on the carb flange. the bolts should be tightened from under the manifold. both have the same housing and adapter flange. both fits.

BCC bridge area /bmc watta is the best place to search for them. best of luck.

sorry for the delay buds. i was outta country. u can find lancer box engines at niroshan motors in wattala. they have old car engines. ive seen VW beetle parts, lancer engines and nissan b12, b13 engines and parts.

hope my info is useful and my delay was inevitable.

machang i am searching for some original AC ducts to restore my lancer A72 to original condition...can you give me the no of niroshan motors.

machang i am searching for some original AC ducts to restore my lancer A72 to original condition...can you give me the no of niroshan motors.

sorry again for the delay buddy. i rarely get time to check out dis forum. Niroshan motors is in front of toyota lanka in wattala. Their number is 0771582345

acording 2 da my knolage u need p/steering box n pump only.there is no rack on this modle.but thing is very deficult find da p /steering box.try find galant a163 modle p/steering box i thik its ok for lancer box .L 200 2*4 p/steering box also can fix with out any modification.

popping an old threat...

thought of a power steering conversion on my lancer box (4G12)

if L200 P/S box fits, what is the model year?

With your enthusiasm Id put my time and money on the A/c !

also look at the charging system as the original system has a mechanical voltage regulator to the alternator.+ it could do with an update with a unit having a built-in IC regulator alternator.

You'll need a new crank pulley to run the power steering pump. Don't forget to ad a cooler for the fluid for good measure.

As for your Engine,.. Ger a good tuneup, replace everything (filters,plug wires contact points+condenser,

dizzy cap, rotor,and plugs) plus a good lube service for good measure by replacing all oils ( engine, gear box ,diff and Brake fluid)
Keep the value and originality of the car.And have a good look at the T belt, it may need changing

Enjoy the freedom of motoring!

TT

Edited by Twin Turbo

Q: Does you car have an A/c system factory fitted?

At any rate I recommend a new compressor,So you'll need a mounting kit with one.( which you'll have to get custom made. )Do the above plus a cooling system flush and add coolant into the rad.

Good luck with the steering job.

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo