• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Site Needs An Upgrade

saraprobe

Question

I too second it.

If you now place a photo classified advertisement, most of the times, it gets off from the 1st page of buy.asp in few hours. From my point of view I see a disadvantage for the advertisers.

May be you can relay the buy.asp.

GMI

well once you get into the forums don't think there's much left to improve other than a few basic mods imo :)

the site as a whole can use a full makeover... maybe new features can be added and an expert put in place to look after that section :)

The site design can be be lot more casual, fun etc...

But it aint no easy job so let's wait and see what Madz has in store for us :)

Madz...

if you need any help with design stuff... Gimme a holler :)

Guys,

Don't knw whether someone has highlight this ealire but did any one noticed that if you click on "Rent" in the Auto Lanka Home page nothing happens? :unsure:

Rgds,

DCL

Yeap.. Someone at office was also telling me it’s not working..

Think I have mentioned this before also, it’ll be really good if the classifieds section is improved coz A/L classifieds is quite popular and lot of people are using it these days. I mean this’ll be a superb business venture if can be revamped and be the No.1 on-line classifieds for Automobiles in SL. :rolleyes:

I think people need to constructively put forward what they wanna see on the site.. its no use saying something needs to change for the sake of changing.. I guess the site owners would like the hear your open & specific suggestions..

Edited by Pilawoos

I noticed that the forum rating system has gone from a "Vote Up/Down" system to a "like this" model.. It's a shame.. we cant votedown jack-a$$es anymore...

Signs of a bit of soft version of democracy perhaps? (:D)

Auto lanka is a "Sri Lankan democracy"... complete with saataka-clad moderators :D

Aney ehema kiyanna epa bung :D What exactly is a Saataka?

The forum isn't a democracy because ultimately this forum is owned by Madhawa who is a private individual, and it does have a comercial aspect to it, the classifieds which also fund the up keep and infrastructure costs. So while as he accepts feedback ultimately its his decision to implement them.

But it is not an autocracy either, because without the membership it would be meaningless. So its a fine balance trying to encourage open discussion, offering some protection against harassment and the commercial interests of Autolanka the site.

The only thing I'm sad about is that the magazine aspect of Autolanka seems to have completely disappeared. All it is now is the forum and classifieds.

Edited by The Don

I like this 'like' thing...I'm not a fan of negative repping people anonymously ,that is the cowards way.We can always call a j***a$$ a j***a$$ by replying with a post for all to see.
I noticed that the forum rating system has gone from a "Vote Up/Down" system to a "like this" model.. It's a shame.. we cant votedown jack-a$$es anymore...

What?! I actually have to make an effort to write something negative in response now instead of voting you two down now? Geez! What a bummer...

Edited by Kavvz

I like this 'like' thing...I'm not a fan of negative repping people anonymously ,that is the cowards way.We can always call a j***a$$ a j***a$$ by replying with a post for all to see.

I don't have problem letting people know if I vote a post up/down. In fact I would like to see who the voters are, cos it gives every member a sense of accountability.

Just that the ability has been removed all-together.

I don't have problem letting people know if I vote a post up/down. In fact I would like to see who the voters are, cos it gives every member a sense of accountability.

Just that the ability has been removed all-together.

I hate to agree, but that would actually be cool: To see who voted it up and who voted it down, without taking away the ability to do so altogether...

• Like 1

Autolanka certainly needs an upgrade. I vote we bring back:

1. Sylvi.

2. Komisiripala

3. Holla

In that order....

Thats not such a bad idea. Does anybody know what happened to Holla?

Sylvi we can get hold of since he had a habit of sharing his telephone number and email with everybody. The only problem is its difficult to stop him from going on rants that go into hundreds of words on completely irrelevant topics.

Whether they want to come back, is a question for them :)