• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Site Needs An Upgrade

saraprobe

Question

Autolanka certainly needs an upgrade. I vote we bring back:

1. Sylvi.

2. Komisiripala

3. Holla

In that order....

Agree with you. (Sorry I don't know about Member Holla)

Sylvi - Yes, his weakness is, if he starts to talk on "Floor Tiles" ended up with "Gotukola" :)

But I still like to see him here due to his unlimited history knowledge on the field. He is the unique member for that subject. I always admire him, being the age over 70years, his presence with young chaps, which nobody will do.

Komi - I don't think that he will be back. But I love to see him again here. Lost valuable member to AL.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

Agree with you. (Sorry I don't know about Member Holla)

Sylvi - Yes, his weakness is, if he starts to talk on "Floor Tiles" ended up with "Gotukola" :)

But I still like to see him here due to his unlimited history knowledge on the field. He is the unique member for that subject. I always admire him, being the age over 70years, his presence with young chaps, which nobody will do.

Komi - I don't think that he will be back. But I love to see him again here. Lost valuable member to AL.

The only name that was actually a loss to the forum was komi...

We all have our different opinions on automotive matters. Sadly some of these differences don't resonate with topics dear to us. I sincerely hope that he can brush them off his shoulder and return to the forum.

edit:

Sylvi's greatest strenght was also his weakness. With his vast knowledge of the industry, he created this great ego which made him so stubborn that he cocooned himself from every other opinion and technological development.

Hola was here a long time ago. Stirred up shit on how members were oppressed and what not, for his personal benefit. He started his own forum which didnt last very long. That forum probably saw more banned members and deleted moderated posts in its short lifespan (probably a year at most) than Autolanka has seen in over a decade.

Edited by Watchman

Does anybody miss "californikan"?

No, and he disappeared on his own acord..... There are plenty of other members like that.

What about Osaka_dude aka OJ?

People are missing out on important Japanese auction sheets......

He was banned and he will not be welcome in this forum again. :)

As for Sylvi, he voluntarily exiled himself for a while and made a brief return earlier in the year, but soon ended up on the moderator queue as he would not heed to any requests to not take topics OT. He must have got bored when his responses did not get approved immediately and then left for a second time.

Sampath if somebody can talk some sense to the man, I think there isn't much objection to him returning and we will even take him out of the moderator queue BUT he has to play by the same fairly lax rules as everybody else.

On another note, we really need to write down these rules, after small in number, and however losely worded they might be, and post them somewhere because at the moment we keep talking about them, but they are like the Yeti (we all talk about them but nobody has seen them). The time will come when the mod team will also change again and to expect people to play by the same rules, you kind of need to let them know what they are..... First :)

Madz is down and I'm down in a bit over a week for a short time. Might be good to catch up in person, and discuss things in person rather than hiding behind anonymity :) I've already met some of the gang, Crosswind, MasterDon, Komi etc.

The only name that was actually a loss to the forum was komi...

We all have our different opinions on automotive matters. Sadly some of these differences don't resonate with topics dear to us. I sincerely hope that he can brush them off his shoulder and return to the forum.

edit:

Sylvi's greatest strenght was also his weakness. With his vast knowledge of the industry, he created this great ego which made him so stubborn that he cocooned himself from every other opinion and technological development.

Hola was here a long time ago. Stirred up shit on how members were oppressed and what not, for his personal benefit. He started his own forum which didnt last very long. That forum probably saw more banned members and deleted moderated posts in its short lifespan (probably a year at most) than Autolanka has seen in over a decade.

As for Komi, I think a couple of us from the forum will speak to him AFTER his 510 is complete to see if he could be talked back in. His departure was a bit of a shock to quite a few of us as he does have many friends in here and while I cannot speak for him I think the project was very personal to him and I guess he needed the space to let him take care of his own affairs.

I think a lot of us petrol heads sometimes find it hard to comprehend that Life != Cars :) When I first became a member, I had no car, only a little expertise, but a lot of enthusiasm. But a decade and a few cars, break downs and gray hairs later I think its safe to say I have a bit of perspective..............

No, and he disappeared on his own acord..... There are plenty of other members like that.

He was banned and he will not be welcome in this forum again. :)

As for Sylvi, he voluntarily exiled himself for a while and made a brief return earlier in the year, but soon ended up on the moderator queue as he would not heed to any requests to not take topics OT. He must have got bored when his responses did not get approved immediately and then left for a second time.

Sampath if somebody can talk some sense to the man, I think there isn't much objection to him returning and we will even take him out of the moderator queue BUT he has to play by the same fairly lax rules as everybody else.

On another note, we really need to write down these rules, after small in number, and however losely worded they might be, and post them somewhere because at the moment we keep talking about them, but they are like the Yeti (we all talk about them but nobody has seen them). The time will come when the mod team will also change again and to expect people to play by the same rules, you kind of need to let them know what they are..... First :)

Madz is down and I'm down in a bit over a week for a short time. Might be good to catch up in person, and discuss things in person rather than hiding behind anonymity :) I've already met some of the gang, Crosswind, MasterDon, Komi etc.

Actually last time Sylvi returned back , after I requested him to do so. However one member complaining me over the phone for bringing him back :) .

So I won't repeat it. If you talk to Sylvi over the phone, I am sure most of you(even Watchman) will change your mind on Sylvi.

I am personally in touch with about 15 regular members of AL (mostly over the phone and through FB.)

Much happy if AL can arrange a simple meet-up at the end of the year.

By the way, it is time to "Autolanka Awards-2014".

Hope MD will appear soon with "FILES". ;)

Couple of interesting things came to mind, and its funny you guys are getting all sentimental over members gone by, but since we're getting all weepy; let me add my own sappy comment into the mix:

I truly do admire Slyvi for attempting to mingle with the younger generation and being somewhat familiar with technology. Most people his age (including my grandparents) can't even figure out how to use a cell phone! He was pretty unique, and yes, he did have his drawbacks, but there were also may positives.

Also: Holy crap there's a moderator queue where posts have to get approved manually? lol !! NICE! I didn't know how hard our modz worked! I hate to be the poor bugger who's got to read through half a dozen random rambling posts from some of our more colourful members every hour!

Edited by Kavvz

Hola is a now a pro photographer I believe.I talked to Sylvi sir few months back,he's still pissed off at Watchman and the mods...And according to my sources Komisiripala is still a massive [censored].I have files on him.

Regarding AL awards I won't be able host this year due to my sheer awesomeness.If Any member is willing they can do so.Go through my previous awards threads.You can follow the same formula or improvise.It's up to you but be fair.

Edited by The Don
Had to be fair. If I had to edit Satyajit's post below for the same term I had to edit this one out too.

Couple of interesting things came to mind, and its funny you guys are getting all sentimental over members gone by, but since we're getting all weepy; let me add my own sappy comment into the mix:

I truly do admire Slyvi for attempting to mingle with the younger generation and being somewhat familiar with technology. Most people his age (including my grandparents) can't even figure out how to use a cell phone! He was pretty unique, and yes, he did have his drawbacks, but there were also may positives.

Also: Holy crap there's a moderator queue where posts have to get approved manually? lol !! NICE! I didn't know how hard our modz worked! I hate to be the poor bugger who's got to read through half a dozen random rambling posts from some of our more colourful members every hour!

Ha ha there aren't that many people on the moderator queue. To my knowledge only Slyvi is on it and that was more because people were trying to find a way of keeping him while reducing the burden of having clean up threads afterwards an engaging in pointless shouting matches.

Actually not that members have been banned either. I guess those are the positives to be taken.

Considering the rather weird and worrying turn our dear motherland has taken of late, I think in general the forum represents the more positive side of Sri Lankans, most of the time :)

I think we really miss some good experts such a Komisiripala on this forum. Still we have good people such as The Don,Master Don,Ramishkad. Also some [censored] such as Watchman, Crosswind and SupraNatural

Edited by The Don
Please don't name call members....

I think we really miss some good experts such a Komisiripala on this forum. Still we have good people such as The Don,Master Don,Ramishkad. Also some [censored] such as Watchman, Crosswind and SupraNatural

I dont know on what basis you grouped ppl.. but I always thought I would be on MD's basket.. But I'm int he same basket as S_N, and Crosswind..so that's good too; better here than with rameshkad, who I dont even know who it is... :D

With all due respect don, you don't need to censor anyone calling me an a-hole.... i guess watchman too would agree :))

In fact, I take it as a compliment to be hated by imbeciles like sathyajith...

i missed the post before all the censoring.. so it said a$$hole? :D

I dont know on what basis you grouped ppl.. but I always thought I would be on MD's basket.. But I'm int he same basket as S_N, and Crosswind..so that's good too; better here than with rameshkad, who I dont even know who it is... :D

I remember ramishkad because he bought a hybrid civic with 'sterling' warranty and got the battery of the hybrid system replaced by them. After that he was full of praises for 'sterling'.

Few weeks later, his gearbox went bust and he was asked to f*ck off in true 'sterling' style :D

I remember ramishkad because he bought a hybrid civic with 'sterling' warranty and got the battery of the hybrid system replaced by them. After that he was full of praises for 'sterling'.

Few weeks later, his gearbox went bust and he was asked to f*ck off in true 'sterling' style :D

'Master Don' is been grouped in with 'The Don' What?! No way?! I've never had the privilege of meeting these two gents in person, but online they seem to have very different composition styles. (Things HAVE changed quite a bit in the last few months!!)

No wonder MD doesn't want to host the famed 'Autolanka Awards' this year!! Bugger's gone all soft! Before you know it, there'll be little hearts and care-bears on his signature...

Edited by Kavvz

Hola is a now a pro photographer I believe.I talked to Sylvi sir few months back,he's still pissed off at Watchman and the mods...And according to my sources Komisiripala is still a massive [censored].I have files on him.

Regarding AL awards I won't be able host this year due to my sheer awesomeness.If Any member is willing they can do so.Go through my previous awards threads.You can follow the same formula or improvise.It's up to you but be fair.

Aww... angry little Hola grew up? And went all pro? Good on him.

• Like 1

Awww you think I'm a [censored]?? How touching, I'm glad I made such an impression on you!

Supra it was I who typed [censored], he had something else in there :)

Lets make a list of like to have features and I'll make sure Madhawa received them and responds to them on this thread. He is at the moment enjoying a well deserved break with family.

Komi was driven away? That's news. Anyway, as far as the site upgrade is concerned, I wish Tapatalk support could be integrated. So much easier to browse posts on smart phones.

Welcome back! Hven't heard from you in a while!