• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrol Filter

ThunderBolt

I don't think you have to change your fuel filter at 12000km. Normally it is done in 25000km intervals.unless you have engine knocks or vibriation,

he says 120k and not the 12k. i think before replacing a fuel filter a good mechanic can tell you whether it need replacement.

whats is your car make and model. is it EFI Model?

I think if you are able to change the fuel filter it is good. Because of your car mileage is over 120,000. But the cost may be around 8,000- 10,000 but remember to replace with a Genuine filter. Because this EFI system’s fuel filter is special filter than normal petrol filters. The petrol pressure of the EFI System depends on the petrol pump as well as petrol filter. (if your petrol filter not perform well petrol may be blocked. Then EFI petrol pressure will low. Then your car pulling power will low. Also petrol consumption also will high.)

• 2 weeks later...
when i slowdown (very slow) for humps etc.. sometimes engine stops. I wonder it has anything to do with this. or not enough gas ?

If this is happening when you have your AC on - it could be that the engine is not reving up to match the new demand.

yeah this happens mostly when i'm in second gear with AC rpm suddenly drops to 0 when i try to take a hump. any issue with my car?

I think your throttle body probably needs a good clean and if necessary de-carbonised

Take it to a reputed mechanic or service center

I think your throttle body probably needs a good clean and if necessary de-carbonised

Take it to a reputed mechanic or service center

I had a wee bit similar issue.. suspected the throttle body.... got it cleaned with wurth T body cleaner and it all went away...

I just takes 5 mins or so get it done :)

But if this doesn't happen when you're only on AC...maybe your AC regulator thing might be faulty... I also had something similar to this a few weeks back where the AC was taking my RPM down beyond the normal levels once the cabin was cooled enough... When this happens the RPM needly will go up and down from 500~750 and once it hits beyond 300 or so the motor would stall...

Took it to my mechanic and he referred it to his AC dude and we go it fixed :)

good luck