• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Difference Between Indian And Japanese Swift

Kulunu

If I'm not mistaken now both 1.3 and 1.5 versions are made in India. Check the agent's site (A*W). There in other Suzuki vehicles like Grand Vitara, they display a flash flag saying 100% made in Japan. But for swift it is not there. And also earlier they have mentioned that 1.3 is made in India and 1.5 made in Japan. As per my knowledge now they are not saying the manufactured country. <_<

Some times 1.5 version made in a another Asian country.

If I'm not mistaken now both 1.3 and 1.5 versions are made in India. Check the agent's site (A*W). There in other Suzuki vehicles like Grand Vitara, they display a flash flag saying 100% made in Japan. But for swift it is not there. And also earlier they have mentioned that 1.3 is made in India and 1.5 made in Japan. As per my knowledge now they are not saying the manufactured country. <_<

Some times 1.5 version made in a another Asian country.

Engine Difference (Jap comes with a 1.3/1.5 VVTi which does better on fuel). Indian one comes with a Maruti built engine.

Gearbox - Auto Available in the Jap version but not in the Indian version

Different Suspension - Jap ride is softer but the parts are more expensive. Indian suspension parts are a fraction of the price but certain parts tend to wear faster with a slightly bumpier ride.

Best bought registered (both types) with the Indian versions being quite reasonable being manuals. The Indian version was 18.50 and the Jap spec Bnew just under 2.5 mil (Recon 2.1 mil) less than a year ago.

• 1 year later...
There is a difference in the quality of the interior plastics as well. Good question though, about why an Indian made car should be only slightly less than a Japanese made one!? :unsure:

GTAm what's you point? are you saying same car made in India shouldn't value less than the Japanies counterpart?????

from this tread itself it is quite evident the Indian made one lacks so many options. therefore it is reasonable for it to carry a lower price tag.

GTAm what's you point? are you saying same car made in India shouldn't value less than the Japanies counterpart?????

from this tread itself it is quite evident the Indian made one lacks so many options. therefore it is reasonable for it to carry a lower price tag.

well I think GTAm's point / view is that the Indian version should be a LOT cheaper that the Jap version.

I agree as well. Just in case if the Indian version came with the exact options and quality, it should still be cheaper considering low cost of production, shipping and currency conversion rates.

In the case of the Swift, Indian version should definitely be much cheaper considering the options and quality. Hence I'm surprised as well on the high price tag of Indian Swift.

BTW, I've driven both versions and if you could afford the Jap one, there is no reason whatsoever to go for the Indian

Edited by HardHat

There is a difference in the quality of the interior plastics as well. Good question though, about why an Indian made car should be only slightly less than a Japanese made one!? :unsure:

What GTAm saing is why is it Only slightly less than the Jap version. I also think they should offer the Indian make at a much lower cost.

Btw how much is a Swift Sport????

Remember seeing in an A*W ad recently, stating the price of the Indian Swift at Rs. 3.2 million (approx.) and the price of the Japanese Swift at Rs. 4.5 million (approx.).

(Shocked to see such a price tag for a Hatchback)

we all can thank you know who for the high prices.

thats a hefty price to pay for an Indian hatchback. is it possible the indian one is fully loaded and the jap one is not????

Yes my point is that given the difference in labour as well as materials in India compared with Japan, not to mention the difference in the tech, I expect the Indian made car to be at least one third cheaper.

If the Indian one uses the old gen engine, then its development costs must have been recovered at years ago. Which means either, (just guessing)

a) There might be a tax on exports from India or

B) Suzuki is minting money in India with a hefty margin and growing demand.

I've just noticed that the Indian made new Honda City costs :o 6.2m :blink: brand new.

GTAm there is a tax for indian cars. i don't think automobiels fall under the indo-sri lanka agreement. i doubt A*W is keeping a huge slice for themselves either with the current drop in sales.

saw in a newspaper article that DI*O sales have plummeted as well (understandably). would love to see a breakdown between the 3 brands

main differencs are interior, and options.. indian one doesnt have EPS also... the best way to spot it is from the radio antenna location...in the new swift if the antenna is at the back then thats jappenese... if its at the front then its indian.... hmmm...

well I think GTAm's point / view is that the Indian version should be a LOT cheaper that the Jap version.

I agree as well. Just in case if the Indian version came with the exact options and quality, it should still be cheaper considering low cost of production, shipping and currency conversion rates.

In the case of the Swift, Indian version should definitely be much cheaper considering the options and quality. Hence I'm surprised as well on the high price tag of Indian Swift.

BTW, I've driven both versions and if you could afford the Jap one, there is no reason whatsoever to go for the Indian

dont know if its just me.. but the jappnese one's finish is much better.. and safetywise i would go fo the jap one with ABS, EPS and the works.. but for that price difference i would have second thoughts....

Remember seeing in an A*W ad recently, stating the price of the Indian Swift at Rs. 3.2 million (approx.) and the price of the Japanese Swift at Rs. 4.5 million (approx.).

(Shocked to see such a price tag for a Hatchback)

4.5mil for a Swift????????????????

Machang, buy a second hand X-trail, save a million, use it for fuel & enjoy the ride...!

But out of jokes, this deadlock doesn't make any sense to me.... if the Govt, doesn't want more cars on the roads, they should invest in actual development of the public transport system.... oh well... we are tired of that topic, aren't we..

GTAm there is a tax for indian cars. i don't think automobiels fall under the indo-sri lanka agreement. i doubt A*W is keeping a huge slice for themselves either with the current drop in sales.

saw in a newspaper article that DI*O sales have plummeted as well (understandably). would love to see a breakdown between the 3 brands

xXx I was talking about an Indian Tax not Sri Lankan. Since Sri Lankan exports are tax free (to a large extent) we take it for granted that every country's exports are tax exempt. Not so. I know for a fact that some exports from India are taxed. In fact when goods trade between different states they are taxed.

Yes the D*MO sales r down. MB because of prices. Tata because of the quality of the product?