• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Subaru B4

neasmh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just my 2 cents and i'm putting my ass on the line for head on firing :lol:

Don't touch a B4 if it's in bad shape... repairs are very costly...parts too are quite expensive if you buy from the agents... And yes the agents also suck big time.

I have 2 buddies who's got B4's and though they dump lots of money on them to keep them in good shape...the cars always have some issue or the other...

the latest with one car is that the tranny is F'd...

I agree the car is great ride with good suspension for our roads with AWD and lotsa horses under the hood... But reliability is a big question mark

But at the same time AL members like "Nuwan B4" seems to be doing pretty good with his car so give a holler to the bugger if you can track him down on AL... He will defa help you out :) I think even sharkster is a scooby fan :)

good luck

That thread was like an episode of a soap opera left the readers tangling with so many cliff hangers. So Arc have you made up your mind yet? If you've decided to give up on the idea mind sharing with us your though process?

I myself is a big Legacy fan. Remember checking out an unreg B4 TT back in 2003 at B**d*l*'s he quoted 2 mill.

Edited by xXx

Don't touch a B4 if it's in bad shape... repairs are very costly...parts too are quite expensive if you buy from the agents... And yes the agents also suck big time.

I have 2 buddies who's got B4's and though they dump lots of money on them to keep them in good shape...the cars always have some issue or the other...

I agree the car is great ride with good suspension for our roads with AWD and lotsa horses under the hood... But reliability is a big question mark

But at the same time AL members like "Nuwan B4" seems to be doing pretty good with his car so give a holler to the bugger if you can track him down on AL... He will defa help you out :) I think even sharkster is a scooby fan :)

good luck

hey yes b4 repairs are supposed to be costly. This may be a misconception but sadly a majority of the B4 owners I know seem to be people who thrash their cars without knowing much about maintaining them and unfortunately the agents aren't the greatest either. No wonder they start giving problems. At the same time the tranny giving issues is indeed unlucky, but it could happen to any car, particularly if the owner never changes his transmission fluid.

That thread was like an episode of a soap opera left the readers tangling with so many cliff hangers. So Arc have you made up your mind yet? If you've decided to give up on the idea mind sharing with us your though process?

I myself is a big Legacy fan. Remember checking out an unreg B4 TT back in 2003 at B**d*l*'s he quoted 2 mill.

he he :)

sorry mate.. The thread was continued as a phone conversation afterwards.. :)

Turned out the low priced B4 i saw had been through a rough patch (to put it mildly).

Still toying with the idea.. Cos i've got a few options i'm trying to budget for at the moment. IF I go for the B4, it'll prolly mean a lot of cash that could have been used for some pretty decent mods will be used for routine stuff. It'll be too much $$$ for me to maintain AND enjoy. To be honest, although the B4 is still an option, it's really at the bottom of the list right now.

hey yes b4 repairs are supposed to be costly. This may be a misconception but sadly a majority of the B4 owners I know seem to be people who thrash their cars without knowing much about maintaining them and unfortunately the agents aren't the greatest either. No wonder they start giving problems. At the same time the tranny giving issues is indeed unlucky, but it could happen to any car, particularly if the owner never changes his transmission fluid.

the tranny problem is with the triptronic machang and though the guy is not an expert on mechanical stuff he spends big bucks on keeping the car in the best shape possible...

And he does drive hard but then again what's the point in owning such a machine if you don't push the envelope once in a while :)

A fellow AL "reader" pointed him to Nadeera as recommended by many so probably he can make things lot easier for the man than what the agents were doing so far

good luck

________________________________________________________________________________

Hay machan how how......i will agree with u machan on certain points......parts are costly and thats their... but u cant say car in not reliable machan,.....if u look after that car religiously,it will be fine.......for me its a unbelivable car......it has a good mix of power and comfort as well.

But all in all twin turbo setup is a very complex one......

Edited by Nuwan B4

Hay machan how how......i will agree with u machan on certain points......parts are costly and thats their... but u cant say car in not reliable machan,.....if u look after that car religiously,it will be fine.......for me its a unbelivable car......it has a good mix of power and comfort as well.

Doing ok mate :) didn't see you at the match... we had about 30-40 fellas i think :) Though the rain saved the Petes we did have a good time even running out of booze around 11-12 or so :)

On the scooby... I suppose each car is different depending on the way it was looked after by the previous owners etc...

My friend has the TT but it;s on trip... Met the bugger last weekend and he was saying it does about 4-5kmpl... But he's got a heavy right foot :lol:

Doing ok mate :) didn't see you at the match... we had about 30-40 fellas i think :) Though the rain saved the Petes we did have a good time even running out of booze around 11-12 or so :)

On the scooby... I suppose each car is different depending on the way it was looked after by the previous owners etc...

My friend has the TT but it;s on trip... Met the bugger last weekend and he was saying it does about 4-5kmpl... But he's got a heavy right foot :lol:

Was out of the country machan...thats the normal rate machan....but a well tuned one will do 5-6 max.....is he running with octane boost? machan i lost your mobile number pls let me know......

Edited by Nuwan B4

Was out of the country machan...thats the normal rate machan....but a well tuned one will do 5-6 max.....is he running with octane boost? machan i lost your mobile number pls let me know......

...not too sure about octane booster on that guys B4...

r u in this saturday's G2G

Edited by Ripper

<_< Saved us? hmm

Rugby season starts in a couple of months... :angry-smiley-048:

<_< Saved us? hmm

Rugby season starts in a couple of months... :angry-smiley-048:

he he...din't know you were a Pete... btw the pete stands were pretty empty for the 50's after the big match results :lol:

You in for the G2G? trying to drag in Gian too :)