• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vic Document

sbr

Can some body explain me the importance of the VIC document( which i think comes only for English number registrations). and if the VIC document is lost, is there a way which some one can apply and get it back from RMV. (About how much it will cost to get it back..)

thanks

Can some body explain me the importance of the VIC document( which i think comes only for English number registrations). and if the VIC document is lost, is there a way which some one can apply and get it back from RMV. (About how much it will cost to get it back..)

thanks

to my knowledge the VIC is only good until you get your proper registration document since that process takes a while...

I got my first year revenue license using the VIC and the second year it wasn't valid and i had to get the registration document or the "book" as they call it...

Not sure about getting a duplicate VIC but you can defa get a duplicate of your registration document from RMV..

why don't you call GIC and ask them the procedure to follow... i believe the number is 1919...

good luck :)

thanks

The VIC is a summary of the detailed registration ("Book" as we call it) It is indeed required if you intend to transfer the ownership of vehicle. It is an important document.

If lost, you can apply for a new one, and requires a police entry (copy needs to be submitted along with the transfer papers) cost 6,500/- approx.

When I bought my car, the previous owner had lost the VIC and I had to follow this process.

I applied for new plates (damaged due to accident) and had to produce the VIC.

The VIC is a summary of the detailed registration ("Book" as we call it) It is indeed required if you intend to transfer the ownership of vehicle. It is an important document.

If lost, you can apply for a new one, and requires a police entry (copy needs to be submitted along with the transfer papers) cost 6,500/- approx.

When I bought my car, the previous owner had lost the VIC and I had to follow this process.

I applied for new plates (damaged due to accident) and had to produce the VIC.

sorry slightly OT...mate did this happen before getting the proper registration book since when i was trying to get the revenue license the folks there said the VIC is only valid only for the first year from the day of registration. Don't think i have my VIC anymore but got the "book" :)

sorry slightly OT...mate did this happen before getting the proper registration book since when i was trying to get the revenue license the folks there said the VIC is only valid only for the first year from the day of registration. Don't think i have my VIC anymore but got the "book" :)

If you intend on selling your car, you'll definitely need the VIC. I'm sure of it.

Strangely, you don't need it for revenue license

I went thru hell to get mine.. luckily HSBC intervened since I went with them for financing. But it took 4 months.