• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Place For Engine Tune Ups

wheel_buddy

it's good that AL members are sharing these sorta info so the rest of us can keep away from these jokers...

maybe that will get them to respect the client a lil bit more and cut the attitude...

end of the day the buggers survive thanks to the business clients give them..

I totally agree.. hoping Madz can come up with the section on servicing ( when time permit’s of course)

We need to show the guys out there that we as customer have powers too..

One should mention to the service provider that he/she got the information from auto lanka and other uses had commented about his work…….

Then they start to look at this seriously….. the poor fools who can’t give a dam will be the one with lesser business…..

Remember guys we as a team can be very strong…. W e need to control jokers ripping us off… ( Not targeting any service provider here- talking in general )

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a Platz and a 121, both with the 1NzFE Engine which is the same as in the Vios. In those engines, the factory has already optimized the performance/economy. All you can do is a regular service, cleaning of the filters/plugs, etc and run a diagnostic to see what else needs to be done. No such 'tuning' as such.

Just take it to Toyota and take the trouble to wait and get the work done as it will be worth the trouble. Hey, you would have busted about 2.5 to 3.0 mill on this car, so what's a few thousand rupees and a few hours katta which is the only downside. I used to take a book and my ipod and watch through the observation glass everything they do. Servicing was all i got done and I had no issues with both cars till the time regrettably sold them.

thanx a lot mate..

it was bought for around 2.2 in 2003 i guess...

sure then, ill take it to toyota when i get the time :D

Whats the mileage are you getting now?

was doing just less than 8, now seems to have decreased a bit too...

not really done any outstation trips but the longer trips where there was no stop go driving doesn't seem to give a better efficiency either. I also have felt that the pickup has decreased

its a 1.5E auto trans.

been servicing at Kl**p*** regularly with oil changes every 4000km

I had a Platz and a 121, both with the 1NzFE Engine which is the same as in the Vios. In those engines, the factory has already optimized the performance/economy. All you can do is a regular service, cleaning of the filters/plugs, etc and run a diagnostic to see what else needs to be done. No such 'tuning' as such.

Just take it to Toyota and take the trouble to wait and get the work done as it will be worth the trouble. Hey, you would have busted about 2.5 to 3.0 mill on this car, so what's a few thousand rupees and a few hours katta which is the only downside. I used to take a book and my ipod and watch through the observation glass everything they do. Servicing was all i got done and I had no issues with both cars till the time regrettably sold them.

Seems like TOYOTA Lanka is the best out of Agents??According to comments here! Anybosy heard of NILANTHA(ratmanala)? He also does performance cars I heard? Once I went with one of my friends their and I saw Gihans converted STI! :rolleyes:

was doing just less than 8, now seems to have decreased a bit too...

not really done any outstation trips but the longer trips where there was no stop go driving doesn't seem to give a better efficiency either. I also have felt that the pickup has decreased

its a 1.5E auto trans.

been servicing at Kl**p*** regularly with oil changes every 4000km

The mileage which you are getting is very low for a Vios but it depends on the way you drive as well. My advice is take it to Toyota Lanka and check the Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Sparking Plugs and replace if necessary. Also go for an EFI cleaning and engine tune up. Hope will be alright.

The mileage which you are getting is very low for a Vios but it depends on the way you drive as well. My advice is take it to Toyota Lanka and check the Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Sparking Plugs and replace if necessary. Also go for an EFI cleaning and engine tune up. Hope will be alright.

will i have to take it to them regularly after that?

or can i continue with K***prk?

will i have to take it to them regularly after that?

or can i continue with K***prk?

Not really. Its all up to you and your convenience. Once the problem is solved then you can continue your regular services with Kleenpark or Pitstop. For major problems, it will always be better to go with the agents.

Bharath,

Does toyota lanka do tuneups for vehicles like the Vios? I mean vehicles they did not originally sell?

Bharath,

Does toyota lanka do tuneups for vehicles like the Vios? I mean vehicles they did not originally sell?

The agents will handle any vehicle that bears the Toyota badge

The issues arise when it comes to parts , as most reconditioned vehicles are either meant for domestic use (Carina , Mark2, Allion etc. ) or specific export markets (Vison for Singapore etc) - so Toyota Lanka tends not to stock certain parts

The end result is high parts cost and high lead time for them to source those parts should replacement be necesary

Yes. They do.

To harp on the virtue of getting the agent to look in to the car.......

On Friday I took my darling P11, to the agent for tune up as i was heading out of Colombo for the weekend. They replaced the plugs to the factory specified NGKs and air filter and a minor clean up of the throttle body and ran a diagnostic that yielded nothing. Mind you the day before I changed my oil and filter with valvoline Fully Synth with an original Nissan Oil Filter.

I pumped full tank (90 Oct) on Sat morning (52 litres) and went to Pallebadda and came back with 4 full sized adults and no fancy driving, guess how much I did and how much gas was left? I did over all 345Kms and I had pumped back 27 liters this morning to replace what was used. So i basically did 12kmpl on 10 year old 2.0 Liter car with AC on and a full load.

Also from what the parts guy at the agent told me, it seems that will start an aggressive price war to knock out all the importers of filters, Oils, plugs etc.

My costs = Original Air Filter, Rs. 1500, Set of 4 Original Plugs, Rs. 1550, Oil Filter 650, + Labour

So comparatively, going to an outsider for your vehicle maintenance has no plus side at all!!!

• 1 month later...

Thought of sharing my experience here.

@Grand Civic: Yes, he does all kinds of models. However only EFI. Doesn't take carb models.

@jaga: AFAIK, the guy you mention is a very experienced carb repairer. However not a tuner. He's an expert of cleaning and fitting everything to factory defaults, if that's what you mean by tuning :-)

@sharkster: I'm sorry to hear your negative experience. I agree with you that he does have a small attitude problem. Unlike you, I didn't had to wait for parts. He takes care of all the stuff and everytime I've been there he's given the car back in a day. I put the car in the morning and it's ready in the evening.

Previously I've had a lot of "maka baas" experiences where I had to wait in garages for long periods and had to go part hunting in a trishaw after the baas removes the part and says this needs to repaired. And after returning have found out that I had to go hunting for another part.

So between those and ridiculously expensive agents, Lal's joint is a pretty damn solid spot. I don't have to worry about the garage fellows cheating and putting old parts back in and charging for new ones. He is a bit pricey but does a very solid job. Once I had a gear box problem, where when I shift to 4th gear and speed up the gear shifts back to neutral ("top eka paninawa"). Lal said it'll take about 4 days and roughly quoted off hand about 1 lakh. I got it fixed for 4k (yes, 4k, including the labour charges in literally 2 days).

If I get all those benefits and in order to get a solid job done I have to tolerate someone giving me the attitude, I'm fine with that. I've found that we can't change other ppl but ourselves. I've been there a few times now and is a very satisfied customer. I don't care about his attitude.

The place I get my car tuned is a from Dhammika who lives in kotta road. Only downside is he don't have parts, we have to bring the parts if something need replacing/repairing. The cool thing is he's an exceptional fellow. Once, few months after I had my first tuneup I called the guy and he was not available. The next day he calls me back and asks why did I called, was there something wrong with the car! And I hardly know the guy!

• 1 year later...
any recomended place/s for toyota engine tune ups?

Hi guys, I saw on MAX MOTOR SHOW on MAX TV there was a new Automobile Engineer Called Mr.Amal Ekanayake. Guy came with all these new diagnostic equpments for the new cars. He came up with a scanner called Multiscan. Sounds like he knows something. Progrmme normally runs on 8.30 -9.30 pm on tuesdays. i think better to contact him to get some advise.

Hi guys, I saw on MAX MOTOR SHOW on MAX TV there was a new Automobile Engineer Called Mr.Amal Ekanayake. Guy came with all these new diagnostic equpments for the new cars. He came up with a scanner called Multiscan. Sounds like he knows something. Progrmme normally runs on 8.30 -9.30 pm on tuesdays. i think better to contact him to get some advise.

The best guy I know is Mr.Dhammika!from Borella. Has the required equipment. He Tunes both my cars.. My Mazda Familia and Starlet GT! Terrafic.. Lastly he did my GT now it does 15kmpl. And my mazda 1.5Auto does 10with ac slow driving..

:rolleyes:

The best guy I know is Mr.Dhammika!from Borella. Has the required equipment. He Tunes both my cars.. My Mazda Familia and Starlet GT! Terrafic.. Lastly he did my GT now it does 15kmpl. And my mazda 1.5Auto does 10with ac slow driving..

:rolleyes:

Hi,

Can you please provide me with his contact details?

Thanks

Az

I agree with you. Almost all the so called 'experts' in and around Colombo are vain and rather unprofessional. I think Zakie will be the best out of the lot. From the few times I have spoken to him I found him to be more accommodating and friendly. With no added attitude.

Agreed :)

Zakie is, for Hondas...

be it Lal Potato garden or anyone else they have to know that the customer is king. I recomend Zackie & Nadeera over anyone else as they r nice guys. very reasonable & both of them know what they r doing...when it comes to tuning

What do u mean buy reasonable!!!What do their general charge rates? Since I know for some even Rs:5,000 for a tuneup is nothing..which I cannot afford!

Does these tuners which u recon have necessary equipment..like sensors and diagnoses? Please let know since I have never been to them!

be it Lal Potato garden or anyone else they have to know that the customer is king. I recomend Zackie & Nadeera over anyone else as they r nice guys. very reasonable & both of them know what they r doing...when it comes to tuning

What do u mean buy reasonable!!!What do their general charge rates? Since I know for some even Rs:5,000 for a tuneup is nothing..which I cannot afford!

Does these tuners which u recon have necessary equipment..like sensors and diagnoses? Please let know since I have never been to them!

well Mr highland if you cant afford Rs. 5000 for a tune up dont drive a car. go get ur self a mo ped or something which is more cheaper to maintain.

Oh really...chooti shows how well your handicapped with your immature sense to think that the only places u recon are for the biggies..too bad..u dont know whot they are capable of either..remember dude that there are plenty of good tuners who do it for less than Rs:2000 and are capable of offering the same(with all equipment)...or more..By the way dont worry how much I can afford...cause u dont pay for ma living and my food..by any means I am damm sure u r not as rich and wealthy as I am..and buy the way idiots like u..pay the price without even knowing what the real market price for something is really worth..buy the way tell me what type of car do u drive in...??This'll explain who can afford whot! Maybe u can afford Rs5000 pr more for it!! But makes me think u have a rather nasty and dumb sort a attitude..I just asked how much those tuners charge!! Since I already done tuneup for less than that..from whot I ve heard they charge more..pathetic guys like you ....go end up...paying more for the same thing when people can get things done for much cheaper price!!!!

Poor you.!I really feel sorry for guys like you!

well Mr highland if you cant afford Rs. 5000 for a tune up dont drive a car. go get ur self a mo ped or something which is more cheaper to maintain.

Oh really...chooti shows how well your handicapped with your immature sense to think that the only places u recon are for the biggies..too bad..u dont know whot they are capable of either..remember dude that there are plenty of good tuners who do it for less than Rs:2000 and are capable of offering the same(with all equipment)...or more..By the way dont worry how much I can afford...cause u dont pay for ma living and my food..by any means I am damm sure u r not as rich and wealthy as I am..and buy the way idiots like u..pay the price without even knowing what the real market price for something is really worth..buy the way tell me what type of car do u drive in...??This'll explain who can afford whot! Maybe u can afford Rs5000 pr more for it!! But makes me think u have a rather nasty and dumb sort a attitude..I just asked how much those tuners charge!! Since I already done tuneup for less than that..from whot I ve heard they charge more..pathetic guys like you ....go end up...paying more for the same thing when people can get things done for much cheaper price!!!!

Poor you.!I really feel sorry for guys like you!

oh Hihgland...if u got more money than me why are you so stingy to spend 5000bucks on your car??????????? & why the hell do you go to cheap ass places to tune your car. oh i guess your just a ricer boy with a beat barrel. remember man its not about being rich or poor. its about taking care of your car & not being cheap ass when it comes to spending on it. well i guess you are really riding a Mo Ped but dreaming of super cars. I wish you good luck my friend. by the way start playing video games. it wont cost you much to tune a car in it. i guess thats da best 4 a ricer boy like you & the closest you will get to a real car

Edited by Chooti Putha