• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Place For Engine Tune Ups

wheel_buddy

U r welcome "CHOOTI PUTHA".Performance cars are mostly owned by Rich guys who doesnt care about money.So they spend money on Expensive mods,tuning etc.But car other users spend less money on these stuff.The majority are just Normal car owners.Sometimes highlanders car must be a Carb1 and he might be a normal car user.So 5k might be Expensive for him.So there is no use of fighting over it......He will spend the amount he can afford and U will spend the amount u can afford.So the problem is solved

very true Ek3 but da problem is highland milk was going around saying that he is much more rich than i am...so how come he cant spend 5K???? anyways its all good.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some cases, affordability, for some the car/engine or their preference/goals.

And anyway guys, if some of you find 'some places' unaffordable, suggest some better places which we could get the same job done properly for a comparatively lesser price tag. And share your experiences with relevant details such as your car and your goals. It would be really benefit everyone here, who are looking for "Best PlaceS For Engine Tune Ups". So ya, stick to the topic, peace out :angry-smiley-048:

Took the car to toyota for a tuneup last week....They said it'l be lyk 5k with replacing plugs....but whn i got the invoice its little over 12k :action-smiley-060: .....They said its for cleaning up the injectors,throttle body + sm sundries they used................

Edited by 2F2F

very true Ek3 but da problem is highland milk was going around saying that he is much more rich than i am...so how come he cant spend 5K???? anyways its all good.

Dude, part of that growing up process is to stop name calling. The guys handle is highlander, not highland milk. Its not clever, its not mature, and considering you have a winning point and no need to argue, completely pointless. There will be people who disagree with your views on every single subject you can come up with. You may not find ppl to agree with you on everything, but you will find someone to take another view, every single time. Don't take it as a personal affront that people don't follow your point of view. Its just their point of view. Once you make your view known, thats it, leave it at that, don't make it personal.

Took the car to toyota for a tuneup last week....They said it'l be lyk 5k with replacing plugs....but whn i got the invoice its little over 12k :action-smiley-060: .....They said its for cleaning up the injectors,throttle body + sm sundries they used................

well the last time i checked they told me the same would be around 12.5k :) with denzo plugs, injector cleaning and ecu reset

Dude, part of that growing up process is to stop name calling. The guys handle is highlander, not highland milk. Its not clever, its not mature, and considering you have a winning point and no need to argue, completely pointless. There will be people who disagree with your views on every single subject you can come up with. You may not find ppl to agree with you on everything, but you will find someone to take another view, every single time. Don't take it as a personal affront that people don't follow your point of view. Its just their point of view. Once you make your view known, thats it, leave it at that, don't make it personal.

well said peri :) as always :)

well, had a similar experience with "Mag $hitty", since then forgot their existence <_<

well the last time i checked they told me the same would be around 12.5k :) with denzo plugs, injector cleaning and ecu reset

well datz da amount they charged from me....im nt sure whether they reset the ecu coz it tuk only abt 1 n 1/2 hrs for al da stuff...whn i inquire they said it'l take abt 3 hrs :unsure: ....al wht i saw was they start da car wit 3M can....i left da car n came....hope they have done the job for wht they have charged.....

Edited by 2F2F

Nice to meet a Honda boy ;)

So where do you prefer for Best tuneups?

mines a ex....lastly i went to a place in piliyandala n fellow did a gud job n carb was ok for awhile bt nw again its givin truoble....eg is nt da daily runner anymor so im thinkin to take sm time, collect da funds n go for a swap.... :)

Edited by 2F2F

mines a ex....lastly i went to a place in piliyandala n fellow did a gud job n carb was ok for awhile bt nw again its givin truoble....eg is nt da daily runner anymor so im thinkin to take sm time, collect da funds n go for a swap.... :)

Car swap or Engine swap? :unsure:

well datz wht i was thinkin bt nt sure coz little bit high for my budget at the moment....wil see..... :)

if thats too high for your Budget contact Mr Emdad. he is a genius in low budget engine conversions. he can put any engine in your car. u name it <_<

• 8 months later...

Guys, I am new here.

Want to get some advice on EFI tune up.

any one who has a Starlet EP 82 EFI model?

From where did you get tune up done?

Is Toyota lanka ok or any cheaper and good place around?

Roughly how much will it cost ?

Thanks a lot.

Guys, I am new here.

Want to get some advice on EFI tune up.

any one who has a Starlet EP 82 EFI model?

From where did you get tune up done?

Is Toyota lanka ok or any cheaper and good place around?

Roughly how much will it cost ?

Thanks a lot.

• 1 year later...

Lal Alawatta sucksss...if u think lal alawatta is the best mechanic for your car?? i must say think twice..telling you this with experience..once i went there bcz my car had a engine mis.Mr.potato garden didn't even properly inspect my car and assign a unprofessional uneducated mechanic.he tried various dump things which is not even related to the misfire.after one hour of mechanics bull shiting procedures he informed mr,potato garden.and the he came and told me that my car has a electrical issue it will take long time to fix it therefore he cannot do it.i asked him to scan the car for any trouble codes he replied me its a waste of time.

this is my experience i had with alawatta so i never suggest him to anyone..