• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Microcars Factory

madmax

Thanks Madmax for the picture!

This may not putting on show the idylic car assembly line up.But it holds the true blend of Sri Lankan motoring which we should be proud of.

Hats off to Dr Lawrence Perera and Team Micro

MINIACE

Yes you are right. The picture is published in today daily News and they are going to open a new plant at hambantota for buses. They are planning to launch the first double decker in end of August.

I am proud of it.

My minds still tells me that Dr. lawrence perera should've started with commercial vehicles first (Trucks, Buses, Cargo Vans etc..). maybe he could've done something like D*MO batta (small Diesel Truck) these kinda vehicles are big hits in rural areas. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

My minds still tells me that Dr. lawrence perera should've started with commercial vehicles first (Trucks, Buses, Cargo Vans etc..). maybe he could've done something like D*MO batta (small Diesel Truck) these kinda vehicles are big hits in rural areas. :rolleyes:

Mate ,evade staring Micro moves in a slender manner!

Competition is always unhealthy for the industry. The range contest to the Privilege van and the Trend dropped overall Micro sales.Dr Perera wisely meant the top range Permit holders with the SUV range and ever heightening bus market. Nowadays the bus market is so dreary with only one ruling the whole .

MINIACE

There should be a starting point for every one.

Building a car was his inspiration. However Transmec is selling Renault commercial vehicles, this may have been one reson that they held back entering the commercial vehicle market.

I would love to see the Micro bus & pray that it will give a good run to the miserable LAL.

micro is planning a factory in guyana as well, and the agreement was all signed two weeks back. I personally know one of the partners for the venture in guyana since he is a client of mine. They had visited the factory here and mentioned though hand built its of top quality, turns out ten cars per day.

The factory in guyana will churn out the trend intitally and roll out the other models, so we can indeed be proud as Sri Lankan when we see a micro in the caribbean!

• Like 1

Thanks Madmax for the picture!

This may not putting on show the idylic car assembly line up.But it holds the true blend of Sri Lankan motoring which we should be proud of.

Hats off to Dr Lawrence Perera and Team Micro

MINIACE

Yes Yes... A great job Dr. Perera and a fine gentleman too - need more of his sort in this country...

Hope the Apala time is over for Micro...

micro is planning a factory in guyana as well, and the agreement was all signed two weeks back. I personally know one of the partners for the venture in guyana since he is a client of mine. They had visited the factory here and mentioned though hand built its of top quality, turns out ten cars per day.

The factory in guyana will churn out the trend intitally and roll out the other models, so we can indeed be proud as Sri Lankan when we see a micro in the caribbean!

The factory in the Caribbean is a great achivement!

Does any one have any news abt the new Micro Privilege which is scheduled to be launched in February. Why didn't they launch it yet?

The import tax on commercial vehicles are relatively lower making local production less viable. Some of the Chinese brands sell at crazy prices.

The new Micro Privilege is supposed to have a 1000cc front end engine.

Would like to see how it looks and if there are many changes to the car.

Since the Micro Trend is a copy of a chinese model. the new Micro Privilege i presume is designed in srilanka.

If anyone has any pics of the new car please do post it.

• 4 weeks later...

When they named the company "Micro" they would have never imagined they would be assembling SUVs :D. anyway the badge Micro on a SUV looks ridiculouse. I think they should change name to represent everything from the small car to the big SUV to the trains to the boats to the busses - something that sounds important and mysterious ^_^

When they named the company "Micro" they would have never imagined they would be assembling SUVs :D. anyway the badge Micro on a SUV looks ridiculouse. I think they should change name to represent everything from the small car to the big SUV to the trains to the boats to the busses - something that sounds important and mysterious ^_^

I don't think that is a big issue. For example "Astra Fan" one can imply you like Astra Margarine?

See name doesn't say it all!

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw on a local TV program (criticized for its stupidity by the motoring community) that IWS Holdings have rolled out locally assembled pickup trucks from its Hambanthota plant. Anyone got more details about the quality of the product?

• 6 years later...

Bumping this old thread to share this video:

Didn't know that they actually do a lot of local work on cars before they're put on the road. Wish the documentary was more technical and in more detail.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 2